Week 1: New York Jets @ Detroit Lions (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Just remember Kearse and Maye were out

playtowinthegame likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What can we even discuss or talk about? Nothing to say. Amazing.

McAllister likes this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

With nothing to bitch about this place gets eerily quiet.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Give it time.... :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Loved that the Jets' D. kept the pressure on for the duration. How many times have they let teams back in the ball game and either pissed the lead away or hung on by a thread.

Huge effort. Go JETS!!!

#146 BleedJetsGreen1981, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

It”ll be easy to sleep tonight fellas

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

They showed a killer instinct. Something that's been missing for a long, long time.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not for me. I’m wide awake right now sitting on my couch in disbelief because of what transpired tonight.

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

How about 41+ points?

PJ4Ever and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Great coaching!

12. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

egelband and Sam Hammer like this.
  13. McAllister

McAllister Active Member

Also the second QB to have have his first career pass be a pick 6 since Brett Favre ;) I think this is good?

In reality, what a game as a Jets fan. We were everywhere, and showed we can compete with anybody. I dont think its unrealistic to hope for playoffs from this team; after that mauling. If our defense plays like that, what separates us from JAX? Very similar teams, except I think we have more skill players.

Lets be happy, yet conservative.

ND THE HOME OF DAAAAA JETS!!!

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

@Big Cat make the dolphins game thread. You’re the thread starter til we lose

PabloJa, HomeoftheJets and Big Cat like this.
  15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Ride Big Cat till it stop. Wait...lol

FJF likes this.
  16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the game:

1. The Jets are a bad football team. I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but that doesn't make it less true. Every position group on the offense is below average except running back (average) and QB (above average). The left side of the offensive line is absolutely terrible (I think Carpenter is talented, but there were several times tonight he made no effort and that sent Darnold scrambling). The reason we won is ...
    2. The Lions are a historically bad football team. Honest to god, they looked like one of the worst teams I've ever seen. I would be shocked if they aren't picking in the top one or two of next year's draft.
    3. These might be the two worst coached teams in the league. If you ever wanted to know what it was like to live through the Rich Kotite era, Matt Patricia looked just like him all game. And even when we're blowing out the other team, Bowles is doing inexcusable stuff, starting with ...
    4. Why the hell is Darnold in the game when you're up 30 with four minutes to go? And why the fuck is he throwing passes? I why do we continue to call time outs after penalties because the coaching staff is incapable of getting a play call into the QB?
    5. The morons on defense who didn't learn their lesson last year are dancing all over the field after plays like they've accomplished something. And yes, I know we had plenty of idiots on here defending it last year and you were wrong last year and you will be wrong if you defend it tonight.
    6. McCown should be hired as a coach today. He deserves two paychecks and he's arguably doing the best job in the entire organization.
    7. I will never understand why the NFL is intentionally trying to make their product worse. I can't begin to explain how exciting it is to watch every kickoff sail 5 yards out of the end zone. And nobody on either team can tackle anymore (because it's never practiced). I've played in two-hand touch games in elementary school with more intensity on defense.
    8. That had to be the worst opening game crowd I've ever seen in the NFL. Part of it is the NFL's fault for matching up two teams that couldn't be less of a set of non-rivals and putting them on Monday Night Football on opening night (it's almost like they were punishing ESPN with the matchup) ...
    9. But then it's like ESPN punished itself (and the viewing audience) with that broadcast team. Holy hell ... were they trying to make the fans annoyed?
    10. The Jets fans were classless at the end of the game. I can understand congregating behind the bench. I can understand one J-E-T-S chant. But they were doing it every thirty seconds at the end there, just to antagonize the Detroit fans (who sat through one of the worst games in recent memory) who didn't deserve it. We don't even do the J-E-T-S chant that often when we're winning in our own stadium. Classless.
    11. The Lions have much better looking cheerleaders than they should have.

... and ...

12. Most importantly, there are two states of being in the NFL. Either you have a Pro Bowl caliber QB on the roster and you are in win-now mode, or you do not have a Pro Bowl caliber QB on the roster and you are in rebuilding mode. We are in win-now mode. We won't win this year. But we can be a contender next year (and every year after) if we upgrade the offensive line and get a new head coach. And with this QB, we are going to have proven head coaches want to come to the Jets.

Patriot and Yankjetfan like this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I hope that piece of shit contracts Herpes Simplex 10.

K'OB likes this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Hahahahaaa troll reply is obvious troll reply.

GTFO.

K'OB likes this.
  20. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

fap fap fap fap fap fap