Week 1 Cowboys @ Jets 9/11/2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Calvin, Sep 2, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Finally. Real football.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

My only concern about this game is our offense getting off to a slow start. I'm pretty impressed with the D and if Strickland makes the team, you are talking about 90% of the secondary being in the same system for 2+ years.

Romo will have a hard time putting points on the board. I'm concerned MS & co will be in the same boat. I still think he is not in sync with his receivers yet and will need a couple games to get going.

Early completions - even for 2 or 3 yards - are important to get them in a rythm.

EDIT: Nice MB

4. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Is this gonna be one of the four wins we're going to get this year?!

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why are we discussing the season when the Jets are going to be lucky to win 4 games this year?

6. fozzi58

Obvious thread carry-overs are obvious

7. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'm just glad Fat Rob hasn't had much time to work with the defense. The Cowboys are still going to be in the hunt and will get better as the season goes on.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Obvious comment about obvious comment from an obvious thread carry over is like duh, obvious. (no smilies because I think my obvious sarcasm was obvious)

#8 Miamipuck, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  9. walnuts24

walnuts24 New Member

Little worried about the Cowboys not really sure what to expect from them. Anyone kept up with their preseason? How did they look?

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

they lost Gurode and cut Leonard Davis. I would say their oline is probably fucked. My AAJ sig should have a field day hunting down Romo.

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I don't think this will be mentioned anywhere, but the Jets will be playing at home on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. On national TV.

There might be lots of flags, vigilant looking eagles, dudes in military uniforms, etc.

12. fozzi58

[​IMG]

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

From what I am hearing (Dallas scubs played down here last night), they feel happy with their Oline. They had a beat reporter saying how it was addition by subtraction and that the line will be better........fyi

The thing is almost every single Oline looks terrible. That is the one unit that really needs to coordinate with each other and get in synch. The lack of OTA's and mini camps have hurt Olines the most by far. It is frightening how bad some units are.

Watch, some QB's are going to get hurt in the next few weeks, some really good ones, not the scrubs. I just hope it isn't our QB.

14. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

My apologies to Toonwalker.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the Cowboys are incorporating 2 rookies and a 2nd year UDFA (with one career start under his belt) on that oline......I guess we'll see what happens.

16. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Can't wait. Going to order my tickets in the next few days when the prices drop even more. Should be a good game.

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

They sucked last year, and there aren't any indications that they have improved. Romo under pressure is fun to watch.... he's prone to panic and make a lot of bad throws when he's even thinks he might get hit.

18. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

Jets win 17-6 with a defensive TD.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this game is going to be a real tough one.

Rob Ryan is EXACTLY the type of guy who can take what Dallas has on D to the next level.

expect Ware to move around and be in Hunters face at some point, no way he just asks him to take on Brick all game.

one thing that bodes well is Abram Elam starting for them. someone should be able to get over the top or take the middle of the field.

this will be a test for our OL thats for sure. but considering thats our strongest unit on this team it shouldnt be that much of a challenge.

if Scandrick isnt covering Holmes, Burress and Mason will have to route run their ass off.

if anyone is primed for a big year, and especially a big game against this defense, its Dustin Keller. their LB'ers are pretty mediocre in coverage, but thats the trade off you make for having a great pass rushing front 7

Sanchez will just have to keep an eye on Sensabaugh though when targeting Keller.

Their passing attack worries me. Rex's weakness as we all know is TE's over the middle and RB's in the flats. Needless to say Jason Witten is Jason Witten. Felix jones against our aggressive blitz calls could be a problem too. one bad call and Jones is a juke away from putting 6 on the board. not to mention having Choice and Murray as your 2nd and 3rd options doesnt hurt either.

and I love Cro but I question his ability to cover Dez Bryant. he better nut up and get back to his rookie All Pro press coverage tendencies if he doesnt want to have egg on his face.

all in all, I think our team is hungrier than ever, and with the kickoff rule change our usualy big impact of ST is dimished. point being, the offense will need to find its footing early in this game. coincidentally i expect there to be some major hiccups the first 5 or 6 weeks until that unit gels and rightfully so with all the new pieces and the lockout.

win or lose i expect that schotty thread to be in critical overload for the first month.

just about all my worries will negated if we can just show up, control the clock and Sanchez can make the throws when it counts. then again in the NFL this is all easier said than done.

#19 Coach K, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hed be better off scrambling, his problem is he stares down the field with tunnel vision or tries to throw while running sideways.

when he decides to tuck it in and run hes actually pretty scary, at least against a defense like ours thats sink or swim with opening or closing running lanes due to our blitz packages.

but your right he could potentially be throwing some hideous picks if their OL doesnt hold up.