USA's Middle East Policy - Russian Influence growing in the region

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is the latest.

Russia has been an increasingly influential actor in Middle East past 2 years. It started with Syria but now with the help of Iran they are extending their influence to entire Middle East. Turkey, which has been a long time American ally is now doing operations in Syria in coordination with Russia. American influence in the region is dwindling.

Today John McCain has a good piece in New York Times. I agree with McCain on this.

What do you guys think?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/opinion/john-mccain-kurds-iraq.html?_r=0

2. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I think that John McCain is a senile warmonger who's a perfect example of why term limits are necessary.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^I'll do you one better. Supreme Court life time appointments should be struck down, but that's the police policing the police. It will never happen. As in ever. I realize that the life time appointment statute is there so that they're not jettisoned after making an unpopular decision, but at this point, they're legislating from the bench. It should be a term. I'm even OK with 20 yrs., but life time is ridiculous.

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Our new policy... Stay the fuck outta the middle East. We've lost way to many young men and women to that shit hole.

We don't need anything from there, there's no need to get involved with any of it. Let them sort it out.

FJF likes this.
  5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Need to extend term limits to Congress and the Senate. No more dinosaurs in our government keeping America back because they are stuck in their old ways.

The greatest part of Russia's influencing the Middle East is they know they can do whatever they want and the rest of the world will back down. How many countless times has the Assad Regime used chemical weapons on innocent civilians and no one does anything? No one wants to start WW3 so they'll just let Russia have their way.

Russia is leading the way in political influence these days. They meddled with American elections. They visibly also meddled with French and German elections. Their cyber-espionage skills are through the roof. And we just let it happen.

6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

We've meddled in a few elections ourselves.

If Russia wants that shit hole, let them police it as well. We have no interests there, let all these jihadist aim their hate at Mother Russia.

FJF likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The thing that kills me about the Russkies is that Kaspersky comes from where? Yet people buy Kaspersky. Even ublock/github, uh, China much? Cyber security is the biggest national threat there is. Kids today (yeah, I'm old) have hacked the freaking Pentagon. So, no, we're really not that dumb, just reliant on other nations to thwart common things and dumb enough to believe otherwise. I won't get into a never-ending personal horror story, but trust me, your "location" is everywhere. And those RFD chips on our credit cards to increase security? More like 123 I know where you live. It's pathetic. Life Lock, what you do think those fear mongers for hire use to 'monitor' your stuff? The same crap that people are using to ruin your life.

Not long ago I looked up something on Duluth Trading Co. (all cookies blocked). The next week I got freaking catalogues addressed to me on top of dead people that were vaguely related to me and also people who weren't. Yay, internet.

#7 jetophile, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member