Trial by Fire

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He’s a Pennington, with these nuances

Not as ridiculously smart but close

Better arm

Worse OL ATM

Worse weapons ATM

Gotta commit all offseason to supporting him

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Thankfully, that have to know that a huge commitment is necessary at this point. It just comes down to how much of an overhaul is possible in 1 offseason.

We need money to sign some of our own guys, then we’ll have to overpay for FA’s. That will limit things a bit, not to mention there probably won’t be a lot of quality OL hitting the market.

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's the same Jordan Palmer who Hackenburg worked with for 2 years, he also trained EJ Manuel and Blake Bottles.
    Fortunately he only worked with him during the preseason, along with Baker Mayfield

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess the Jets answered my question today.

They are doing nothing to develop Sam Darnold.

I've seen enough. Sam should have been pulled at the half.

It ain't the losing...it's how they lose.

What an absolute shit show.
    What an absolute waste of a decent offense.

p.s. Keeping Spencer Long in the game for 55 mins. was some of the dumbest coaching I've ever seen...even Kotite would have benched him at the 45 minute mark.

mrjet80 likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Every week Bowles is inching closer to the unemployment line ....as of now I do not see him back next year and it’s hard to see the Jets improving enough over the last 7 games to change that .

Next season should result in a new coach and at least two new skill players along with at least two OL changes . Enunwa, Herndon, and McGwire are keepers . McGuire may be a borderline starter at this point but imagine him in tandem with a Le’Veon Bell ?

6. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The problem with Bell is he is our new Mevis, we will sign him to a crazy deal because we have the cap that we need spend and there are not many great options out there . So we sign a diva who hasn't played a yr to qb money. How many of these players who sit do they avoid injuries ,or regain there star stats. Bell will not come cheap.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Also, if Bell doesn't report to the Steelers, he won't be a FA and we'd have to trade for him.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well the reason I keep alluding to Bell is there are no other RBs available in FA who would fit the Jets need as the #1 go to skill player along with the fact that there are other more pressing needs the Jets will need in the draft. I agree it is not an ideal situation . I hope or should I say dream that if the Jets were to sign Bell they would also find a pass rusher and maybe one decent OL in FA and then use the draft to find their # 1 WR along with more help for the OL. I know a lot of dominoes have to fall into place for that to happen .

Imagine Darnold in 2019 with a year under his belt , skill players set - Bell and a # 1 WR to go with Enunwa and maybe Anderson , and a beefed up OL.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see him bring the team back late in one of these games.

He failed in Cleveland, he failed today.

He's a rookie 21 so I'm not gonna panic yet.

I hope with time the late game magic comes.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If they lose to Buffalo there’s no way they keep him. He should be gone anyway but they would be in danger of losing every divisional game this year (it ain’t gonna be any easier than beating the Bills at home). Assuming they sweep the Bills and win one other game that’s 6-10 and I don’t see that as an improvement over the last two seasons.

12. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Yes you are right,brain fart

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No problem. Who would have thought that he'd stay out this long? He still hasn't even let the Steelers know when or if he is going to report. Surely he's going to. If he doesn't report, he's stupid. Not only will he have missed a year's salary, but he'll be right back in the same situation with the Steelers next season and won't be a FA.

By now, he has totally poisoned his relationship with the Steelers, and will probably never re-sign there, but he probably has hurt his value with other teams by not communicating with the Steelers. At this point, I'm back to not wanting him again. We don't need his divo attitude and immaturity. There's no reason for not letting the Steelers know when he is going to report. IMO he's just acting like a spoiled brat, trying to "punish" the Steelers for not paying him an exorbitant amount.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Trial by napalm at this point...

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I don't even think we are decent offense anymore to be honest. On paper heading into Week 1 we were. Enunwa, Herndon & McGuire >

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

In my state of delirium I typed "offense" while meaning to say "defense".

That's how bat shit crazy yesterday's game made me.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course the reasons he hasn’t brought the team back late in a game
    are the same reasons they were down in the first place

stinkyB likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

stafford lol they also had one of the best WRs all time for many years in calvin johnson too. they just never had a run game or defense