Trade Advice...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by rmagedon, Sep 3, 2014.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. I think your WRs are very deep where getting Alshon could just jumble up that situation a little more. If you wanted to do that trade And felt comfortable playing matchups w ivory and Williams; I would maybe try and package 2 WRs to a team desperate for some WRs for a stud or better RB.

I should have came here first but I pulled the trigger anyways.. Any thoughts on me trading Percy harvin straight up for Gordon? I actually did it hours before Percy got traded to the Jets. Gordon becomes my wr3 when he returns behind jordy and Antonio brown. 5-1 right w most points. Thought this would separate me from the pack in those later weeks / playoffs. Thoughts?

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

thanks for the advice. and I think you made a good trade.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Steve smith OR Harvin?

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Steve

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will give AJ Green and Ben Tate and will receive Gio Bernard and Corderrelle Paterson. Shall i do it or no?

6. BrowningNagle

man thats a toughie. Patterson is so unreliable and tough to judge.

7. Brook!

The guy who offered the trade gives me betting advice. I kind of want to return the favor this way. Gio Bernard is a wash with Ben Tate but will AJ ever play up to the expectations this year is my problem.

8. BrowningNagle

I probably wouldn't accept just because Green has a better QB and better history of success

9. Brook!

I know. I normally wouldn't accept but as the guy already helped me make over 300 bucks in betting, I will let this one go. Besides AJ might never come back healthy

10. BrowningNagle

Dang thats good stuff about the betting

Brook! likes this.
  11. Rhodes Scholar

Alright, I have a tricky one for you all.

I have an offer for me to give Matt Forte and Torrey Smith for Calvin Johnson and Andre Ellington - basically Forte for Johnson and Ellington.

12-team 0.5 pt PPR league

My Team:
    QB: Aaron Rodgers
    RB: Matt Forte
    RB: Lamar Miller
    WR: Alshon Jeffery
    WR: Kelvin Benjamin
    TE: Rob Gronkowski
    FLEX: Reggie Wayne
    B: Andre Williams
    B: Doug Martin
    B: Roy Helu
    B: Michael Crabtree
    B: Kendall Wright
    B: Brandin Cooks
    B: Torrey Smith

Thanks!

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hell no. Gio is getting like 3ypc that's headed to a split with Jeremy hill. Tate is a main back. I love CP the player but I give up, Norv is too incompetent.

13. Brook!

MS

Like I said before I already made the trade. He asked for it and I didn't want to say no. Yesterday with his advice I made $152. Two weeks ago I made another 150. So basically this was my gift to the guy as I am planning on getting his advice rest of the year.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ahh. real money > fantasy

I'd think about flipping Gio tho

Brook! likes this.
  15. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I need consistency at RB in a 3 WR, 2RB, 1 Flex league (.75ppr, .25ppc).

At WR I have Julio Jones, Cobb, Jeffery, Terrance Williams, Sanu, Denard Robinson
    At RB, I have Ingram, Tate, Gore, Denard Robinson, CJ0K (will drop soon), Stewart

I'd like to target a high end RB, and thinking Gore + JJ or Jeffery should get me close. Is that a fair package for say McCoy or Foster?

On other thought I had if I go the opposite way, Julius Thomas + Jeffery + Gore for Gronk+ Calvin Johnson.

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

You may be able to get McCoy for that. he just isn't having a good year. I doubt you can get Foster, he's playing great.

Thomas/Jeffery for Gronk/Calvin is interesting, worth an offer I suppose, but I have little faith in Johnson, even if he comes back and Thomas/Gronk is basically a wash right?

17. GreenGreek

Gronk has higher upside than Thomas in my opinion (Option 1 in NE vs Option 3 in Den). He is a much bigger injury risk though. You could say almost the same thing for Jeffery vs CJ. At 6-2, I could play it safe, but a WR dependent team is prone to the occasional awful dud (happened in both of my losses). Ingram has some potential when the rest of the Saints RBs are hurt, but normally shares a lot of touches. The rest just don't have the upside to offset a potential dud from JT or one of the WRs.

18. GreenGreek

Gronk has higher upside than Thomas in my opinion (Option 1 in NE vs Option 3 in Den). He is a much bigger injury risk though. You could say almost the same thing for Jeffery vs CJ. At 6-2, I could play it safe, but a WR dependent team is prone to the occasional awful dud (happened in both of my losses). Ingram has some potential when the rest of the Saints RBs are hurt, but normally shares a lot of touches. The rest just don't have the upside to offset a potential dud from JT or one of the WRs.

19. Brook!

Trade done. Tell me I didn't make a bad trade.

Gave up Frank Gore, Greg Olsen and Mike Evans.
    Received Gronkowski, Montee Ball and Corderrelle Paterson.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Alright guys I need your help. My QBs this season are Cam Newton and Andy Dalton - 2 awful QBs this year. I'm 6-4 and if the playoffs started today I would obviously be in, but I have a feeling my QB situation won't

I recently acquired Romo via waivers. I recently picked up Adrian Peterson also, you guys think I should trade Peterson for Stafford straight up? My other RBs are Matt Forte, Shane Vereen, Gio Bernard, Ronnie Hillman and Terrance West. My receivers are decent, I have Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and I should have Jordan Matthews tomorrow.

What you guys think?