Too Stupid to Vote

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Take note that this topic is not intended to have any partisan overtones at all; it shall be an equal opportunity bulletin board for things we have witnessed today without reference to anything specific regarding parties or candidates but rather about people who have the right to vote for those running for office who should not get to vote for dogcatcher. Anyone choosing to add their own observations should stay within that spirit.

My polling place is in a church hall entered from a back parking lot, somewhat dark with the painted lines rather faded. Add to that wet pavement and lots of leaves on the ground so staying in a proper parking slot may be difficult but two people, presumed to be there to vote because there was no bingo tonight showed that they were too stupid to vote. There are four rows of parking in the lot, one facing the building, the back one facing away from the building and the middle two facing each other and accessed off the aisles between the first two and the second two. Most of the first three rows were occupied when I got there and two people were in the second aisle looking to park while most of the fourth row was vacant. Both of these geniuses parked directly behind cars in the third row, rather than across the aisle in the fourth row, blocking in those in the third row.

Too stupid to park without blocking in others, too stupid to vote.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

fucking libertarians

Ralebird and jetophile like this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Talk about being too stupid to vote. Our polling place is less than a 5 minute walk from our house. So me and the old man walk up there, and there's only one open station to fill out your ballot. The old man sits down and starts (I'm just waiting) and another station opens. I'm closest to where he is, so one of the volunteers says OK, Sir, why don't you continue over there and your wife can start here. Odd, but fine.

I finish and right before I drop my ballot, I see the old man's iphone sitting there so I stick it in my pocket. Also odd, because he's not absent minded like me. As soon as we get in the door, the phone rings with the Beatles 'Hey Jude' as a ring tone. I don't answer it because I don't recognize the number and I said, "Hey, since when did you change your ringtone? You just have that standard annoying shrill ring noise." He looks at the phone and says, "Uh, because that's not my phone?" "Oh, my God! Someone's gonna think I'm a thief!" I start scrolling through the phone to see if I can find a contact that says Mom or Me or anything like that, but the phone rings again with the same number so I answer it. Desperate woman in tears on the other end.

It turns out the phone belonged to the voting volunteer who seated me. "I'll be right there and walk it back to you." I apologized, explained what happened, and that I don't have a dishonest bone in my body. We hug and she's thankful and she said she should be more careful. I was mortified but it was obvious that it was an honest mistake and that I was telling the truth. Another voter volunteer was giving me rude looks because he didn't buy it. F you, buddy, is it your phone and am I talking to you?

So yeah, that's my Too Stupid to Vote Story, but I voted

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Then again consider some of the cheats and creeps holding ofice and suddenly it figures...

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I wrote in Sam Darnold and Todd Bowles for the city council guys who ran unopposed near me. At least if Bowles wins he'll have to leave the Jets.

NYJetsO12, Zach and stinkyB like this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

About 50% of the Americans didn't vote in last presidential election. Neither did they this past midterm election (only 47% voted.) They have no fucking idea what the hell they are doing. Too stupid to vote? Yes, absolutely.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In the spirit of this thread, there are multiple recounts going on in Arizona, Florida and GA. Should people who voted have to recuse themselves from counting?

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but voting is very difficult in many areas, and some place you have 2-3 hour waits and that is discouraging. I think if they really care about people voting, they should implement online voting already. I know people are paranoid about it, but we have no issues banking online or doing taxes online, yet voting in this country is treated like it doesn't really matter. Time to upgrade.

Voting machines with no paper trail are not secure in the slightest. If done properly it would make a huge difference in voter turnout but certain politicians and parties kind of rely on people not voting, so there is no motivation to implement it.