Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

give any half decent coach a top tier QB and he will look great, give any half decent coach a bottom tier QB and he will look awful then get fired.

there are a few coaches out there that can do a lot with little but for the most part whenever you look at anyone that is a highly touted coach they have almost always had a great QB on the roster.

2. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

The past two weeks have shifted my thoughts about Bowles. If he could work on time management, he might actually be a good head coach. He has this young team playing hard. I am not sold on Bowles yet, but he has me wondering.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wait till we play some elite/really good teams

I'll give credit where credit is do if we make it through a 10 game buzzsaw

4. ChrebetCrunch

We played the Raiders well for at least half of the game. He can't coach and field punts.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We know the talent isn't great but that's not on Bowles. He has this team playing hard though. That's what a coach is supposed to do

ChrebetCrunch likes this.
  6. ChrebetCrunch

This is why Woody and Macc are running the team, and not TGG. Bowles is a few adjustments away from being a serviceable HC, but he is also a few bonehead wasted time outs from being sent to the scrap heap. If this team shows growth, he will be back in 2018.

ColoradoContrails, SOJAZ and FJF like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Huh?

8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

When McCown was signed, I thought for sure it was for the purpose of grooming and guiding the other to QB's to get them to perform with some maturity during the 2017 campaign. Since it was important for the org had to know what they had in these 2, it was imperative to find this out in order to determine the future actions being taken in the very near future by playing them as soon as the season started.

What a bonehead I have become to think this. Bowles is only kidding himself into thinking this team has any chance of winning, let alone, become a playoff contender. Even if they make a valiant effort to resemble a pseudo winning team, what are they thinking? A 39 year-old-to-be QB leading the way to 6-10 season? What a waste. This org has no f$king clue what it takes to look long term for the benefit of putting a SB contender on the field. They just want to see the fannies filling the seats.

When it's all said and done, and the 2017 season comes to an end, thanks to Bowles own fear for his job, the Jets will be in the same situation they started after the 2016 season - a rudderless ship going nowhere.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have a feeling not only will Blowes return, but so will McCown should he stay healthy this year. If McCown decides to retire, the Jets will simply go sign another Older Vet QB to be a "mentor" to kid QB's who will rarely if ever see the field.
    #BCTW

BomberJet likes this.
  10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Look, I don't want to go overboard singing Toilets praises, but it must be said.

The last two weeks he's had these guys ready to play. That's a fact. He actually successfully made halftime adjustments against the Jags. He's been nothing short of above average the last two weeks.

NY Jets68 and Red Menace like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He again showed some fire on the sideline when the ST coach did not have unit ready to go, he got heated. I don't want him to be Harbaugh on the sideline, running around yelling all the time, but holding people accountable at this level of football is extremely important.

Now if he can only wrap his head around giving Petty a chance and realizing youth is the way to go with QB position.

Chicago is even giving Trubinsky a shot already.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

I don't understand why so many complain about Bowles not playing our young QB's. Blame the GM for that. He could have drafted Watson, Mahomes, or made a play for Trubinsky. Our young QB's have shown nothing, that's why they aren't playing. The other young QB's who are getting action (or about to) showed promise in the pre-season. Our young QB's looked like busts in TWO pre-seasons.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Board: Bowles sucks, we might go 0-16 and get fired because he sucks
    Also board: why the hell is Bowles wining games? Is he trying to keep his job?
    Seriously,
    [​IMG]

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. Cman68

How can you show something if you don't play? Petty looked like anything but a bust this preseason. Did you even watch the games Petty played in this preseason? Last year, they put him in the game after the team had mailed the season in. Hacc is not ready and no one is arguing that, but unless you think McClown is our FQB, there is no logical reason not to find out if either of our young Qb's can actually play except if Blowes is about getting his contract extension.

ColoradoContrails and BomberJet like this.
  15. tubby

tubby Active Member

I think Petty is going to play at some point this season. Hard to pull McCown since he's playing fairly well, though.

16. Cman68

Especially now that "the tank" is over...Now its about "the extension".. At some point, "the future" might become a priority too.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings, as I'm sue everyone else has, for rooting for this team knowing full well it's an exercise in futility. Bowles can very well justify starting McCown as long as they have a remote chance of making the wild card. I doubt after 8 games they'll be above .500 but what will it take to bring Petty in?

18. Cman68

That's easy.. McCown will have to drop dead on the field without any hope of resuscitation or Blowes gets his extension whichever comes first and even then, its no guarantee.

BomberJet likes this.
  19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Bowles is getting a lot of credit from you posters and I'm not understanding why? Although he should get credit for assembling his staff, it's clearly the position coaches and coordinators that have made a difference.

Bowles actually said he loosened the reigns on the defense. That was his forte...no pun intended and now they look better than they did last year.

He was never an offensive guy so we have to thank the OC for the improved routes and play calls...and the wr coach must be phenomenal. Kearse and Kerley got up.to speed in no time and the rookies look like they have great potential.

I don't dislike Bowles, I actually think the teams who's stock with their coaches have the best models e.g. Dallas...Pittsburgh for long term success...i hope we follow suit as long as he shows personal progress and I think he is.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Best time to switch to Petty is after the NE game. Most likely scenario is we beat Cleveland, giving the team some hope, and then get wrecked by NE, which ends the hope and lets us go to Petty. Petty would play against the Dolphins, which is the best debut he can hope for. Of course if we somehow stun NE we won't be able to bench McCown, but I won't complain if that happens.