Time for Randy to Leave

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by EcKo151, Jun 10, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I know it won't happen but i'm gonna say it anyway...

When he was brought here, I liked the move, would of rather had Tim Hudson, but liked it...He had a pretty good 1st year, 17 wins 3+ ERA, beat Boston...But then just implodes in the ALDS, just a total gutless effort.

This year he's supposed to be our "Ace"? 7-5 5.62 ERA. And he should have 7-8 losses since the Yanks have taken him off the hook a few times.

I'm just sick of seing him, put him on the DL for a sore twat, whatever it is...He gives up HR's to batters who bat 7-8-9!! I mean come on!! His body language after he gives up a HR is just "Oh well, I still made 300 thousand tonight." He probably doesn't even care when he loses, he's just cashing it in the bank. He sucks in New York, he's a total loser...

At least Pedro realized he couldn't over-power hitters, so he freaking A-D-J-U-S-T-E-D to his body/age and starting using more pitches and being more efficient...It seems to me Randy is such a redass that he doesn't want to hurt his ego by not being able to over-power MFers! Develop a changeup! Splitter! Whatever! This flat fastball/hanging slider shit is so done with man! You suck!

I'm tired of watching him trot out to the mound, no emotion or anything, screw you and go Kevin Brown so the Yankees can DL you, and in the process, you'd be doing them a favor...Jackass.

He flopped in New York, oh and it aint over, he'll be here for 2007:eek:hmy:

#1 EcKo151, Jun 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  2. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

If he stays at this rate he might not be a Yankee in 07... when does his contract expire?

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

After the 07' season:mad: :sad:

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I can't stand the guy

5. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I hate Randy:mad::mad:

There is something wrong with his mechanics, if he wasnt such a hard-ass he might try and change it.

6. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I'd love to see the Yankees jettison Johnson. If we had anybody else to start for him.

Just thank Mike Mussina for answering the bell.

7. DonnieIsTheKing

Well maybe Mussina could teach him how to pitch when you don't have a 98 MPH fastball.

The arm slot looked a little better in the start about a week ago when he looked very good, but I haven't seen him since. Guidry needs to consider Randy his #1 project and he needs to adjust his mechanics because Randy can't survive by just whipping the ball anymore. I think with a solid amount of coaching he can atleast get to a 3.50 ERA type of guy. The Yankees are doing very well right now so it's not a concern in June, so Guidry has a few months before September when Randy NEEDS to be on the top of his game.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

If? You're telling me Sean Henn couldn't go 4 innings 6 Earned? Or Tommy Phelps? Hell, even Scott Erickson can go 4 innings 6 Earned...

His performances have been outright horrendus...And yes Moose has saved the pitching alot...

But that is no excuse, not saying you made one, but no excuse for Randy to at least give 6 innings 3 earned, hell, even 5 1/3, 3 earned....THATS IT, thats not asking too much! But for this jagoff, it is!

9. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Sure Henn (who's currently on the DL though it's really irrelevant) or Erickson could do as poorly as Johnson, but they could never do much better. Johnson can.

He's capable of being an ace. I'm willing to give him more time because frankly we don't have a choice. We right now have Mussina pitching lights out, Wang pitching hit or miss, Wright sucking and we don't know what to expect from Shawn Chacon when he returns.

That's not gonna cut it in the playoffs.

10. DonnieIsTheKing

Heh, Scott Erickson. Sorry but after seeing him suck terribly in a Met uniform I wouldn't start him over Randy Johnson.

I haven't seen Henn or Phelps but I guess they're options... but always remember that they're young and inexperienced and may fold in the big games. Randy does too, but he's actually less likely to suck in the big games then guys fresh up from AAA.

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Hah! That's looking at the optimistic side of things...

AT BEST Randy is a #3, making $16 million...Right now? He's a 5th starter whos struggling badly and really has shown no indication of changing jack.

Whats his HR total? 11-13? And that's capable of being an ace? Under who's eye? He's a has-been, and well the Yanks are stuck with him...

12. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Erickson is a big stretch, he blows.

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'm not saying literally i'd take those guys over Randy...But they can easily give 4 innings 6 Earned...his meat-ball fastballs and hanging sliders are too easy to predict if you're a hitter, you pretty much have no respect for his fastball, which is obbvious...

Randy's been a bust, no other way to put it...

14. DonnieIsTheKing

Based on his 2 starts for us in 2004, he is not capable of being a #5 starter at AAA. He may have gotten better since then... but I doubt it.

15. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Maybe Randy is like Rick Vaughn in Major League II. He was a dominant pitcher who has tried to change his appearance and it has made him suck. He cant take it. I think Randy needs to grow his hair back and get the facial hair and then he'd be himself. Next game let him walk out to the mound in a leather jacket with Wild Thing blasting and force Randy to hang out with inner city kids. Maybe his e.r.a. will be kept under 5?

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Erickson will be DFAed once Chacon and Dotel come back but i'm just saying...Scotty can give 4 innings 6+ earned...

Erickson is pretty bad no doubt...But he can pitch as bad as Randy does...

And where the hell has Randy's control gone? He's afraid to challenge hitters, and when he does?

It's goin over the wall.

17. DonnieIsTheKing

It happens... but you need to try and get something out of him because he has an arm that has won a world series and an arm that has a high number of wins in its career. So you can either try to get some good starts out of him by changing his mechanics, or trade him and get value out of him in that way. A lot of teams would take Randy if Stienbrenner was willing to pay off part of his contract, which he's never hesistated in doing that before.

18. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Unless Erickson is much improved from his time on the NYM I doubt what you're saying. HE was totatly horrible here...

19. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Guys he's not literally saying that he'd rather have Erickson than Johnson. He's just trying to make a point.

20. DonnieIsTheKing

That would be Erickson. With 12 hits allowed in 4 innings, of course.