This team needs weapons <immediately> for Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsruby, Oct 30, 2018.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

As long as the Jets can come out of this coming off season with a new LT, LG, and C.....

egelband and GasedAndConfused like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You do if you need a QB - assuming "Flacco" has graded out as having FQB potential. You cannot divorce positional impact from the equation.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with your basic points, but disagree regarding the impact a kicker has on his team. If a kicker is very consistent/reliable/accurate on FGs and can consistently kick the ball through the end zone, or kick it high and inside the 5, he can keep opponents starting with bad field position on KOs. Thus he can have a dramatic impact on a team. More than a QB? No, but could be greater than that of many other players.

egelband likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

long may be ok once his finger heals. he was pretty good to start the season. he's a good blocker he jsut can't snap the ball with his jacked up finger which is understandable a OT would be huge though and very welcome. the other option is sliding long back to G which is his natural position if we get a center. I'd rather focus on LT, RT, and C or guard

I never did so not understanding why you are harping on one line of a 3 paragraph post. Show me where i ignored positional importance ever?

egelband likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If Mac makes it to 2019, which I think he will, upgrading the talent on this offense is a must or he should be fired. Also, Bowles and Bates need to get Tomlinson and Crowell off the field for Herndon and McGuire.

6. GasedAndConfused

i expect crowell, kearse, and tomlinson to be gone after this season. roberts is here as a KR/PR and does a good job there. he just isn't a good WR and only played because injury. legget gets a pass since he's basically a rookie 5th rounder. herndon is our best TE though and needs to get more volume

Noam likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

All those who thought the Jets receiving corps was pretty good to start the season need to look at this. This is pathetic. Macc HAD BETTER be looking to massively upgrade the skill positions if he wants Darnold to develop into a FQB.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

i mean it looked good on paper just didn't pan out. Q missed time, anderson missed time and is underused, pryor missed time and was cut for what seems like being an ass clown, and nobody could have predicted kearse poor season and yes he also missed time. I don't think we had a single game where all 4 of them were healthy and played together. we knew we had no depth behind those 4 as well. i expect WR to be a big target in free agency. there isn't any number 1 guys out there but someone like tate or cobb could make a nice difference for us

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Who would have thought Pryor would have caught a pass for the Bills before Matthews for the Jets, in fact has he even had a target yet.

This is what pisses me off with Bowles, surely it isn't thta hard for an experienced WR to pick up this shitty playbook and to some extent they bring up a young WR he plays shit then has a respectable game then gets one target in a misfiring offence, he will be let go soon no doubt, like that RB Henderson who they promoted for nothing, knowing fine well that Macguire was back a week later, pointless fucking moves.

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

PFT had a article this weekend where they wondered if the Giants are ready to move on from Beckam.

I don't think it'll happen but with $100 million in cap space and high draft picks anything is possible this offseason.

11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I saw that too. Pretty unlikely especially since they would never trade him to us but one can dream. They would want our first rounder for sure and I'm not sure we should cough that up when we can trade down and fill more holes.

12. WarriorRB28

Not the #3 overall pick.

They could get creative our 2019 3rd rounder and our #1 in 2020?

Beckam is a beast but man there seems to be soooo much drama with him. Seems to drain the entire organization.

Still the Jets haven't made the playoffs since 2010. 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 last three seasons.

What do we have to lose?

13. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Who’s the best receiver and or offensive playmaker in the draft we want that guy

14. WarriorRB28

I'm still traumatized from Santonio Holmes I don't ever want to go through that again.

I'm not comparing the two Beckam looks to be a HOF talent his effort hasn't been questioned while Holmes was a JAG locker room cancer.

The off the field stuff, drama is what I'm talking about.

egelband likes this.
  15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If they can't protect Sam, no amount of weapon would be sufficient.

[Sam literally sprints out of the pocket after the snap each play.]

egelband and FJF like this.