The Principal Agent Problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said this better.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac hiring a candidate who he thinks isn't going to challenge him isn't going to prevent him for working in the business again.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

MacCagnan isn't hiring anyone.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Does Woody even have any involvement at this point? Not that he's any better, both of these guys know nothing.

5. HomeoftheJets

Or so I found out. Which for the reasons I stated earlier is a good thing (though it's dumb in other ways, namely we could repeat the fire the GM keep the coach debacle). Having said that, Mac is still going to have a lot of influence over Chris in the hiring process.

#25 HomeoftheJets, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Act 1: Macc and Chris in their first HC search committee meeting:

Macc: "So Chris, how much are you willing to shell out for a new HC?"

Chris: <rubs chin, looks at ceiling> "Ummmm....I don't know....5? maybe 6?"

Macc: "Million"?

Chris: "Thousand. 5,6 thousand. I don't know...is that too much? too little?...help me here".

Macc: <rubs temples, looks down at his feet>

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This thread is ass.

2019 style ass. But ass nevertheless.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

Hell, bring back mangini as the GM, we did great drafting while he was picking the players.
    bring back Rex as the head coach, two AFC championship games and won playoff games on the road.
    the hoodie goes beseark and retires. the johnsons sell the team to the amazon guy.

none of which is likely to happen. will chris get it right this time? we shall see. his brother couldn't .

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

This thread is fine ass.

10. Ralebird

Not even close, but there is ass for everyone, if you set your standards low enough.

11. HomeoftheJets

Your thread evaluation skills are almost as good as your football evaluation skills. ;)

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. Ralebird

But this one is about your business acumen.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Truly there is a lid for every jar

14. HomeoftheJets

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Great. We can now add internet scribe Mike Tanier, with his multiple Pulitzer Prizes, to the list of guys who don't know that MacCagnan is not responsible for hiring coaches.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets would have better luck with you as Pres of Football Ops than what they are doing right now. Hell, probably even my dog, Henry. This is the scenario I absolutely did not want to see, meaning having one or both of the Brothers Idiot this heavily involved in the hiring process.

Maccagnan could POSSIBLY still get pink-slipped depending on who they happen to land re: the HC hire, but I don't hold out much hope for it. Christopher Johnson will also be seen as a backstabber, which is another reason I don't think it's likely to happen.

I can't see Maccagnan pursuing someone that would actively threaten his livelihood or stick him in some corner office a la Terry Bumway. Anyone who doesn't think there's a lot of self-interest here is a fool, which is why I think a Harbaugh deal is pretty much dead in the water. "Hi, Jim, want to come for an interview?" "Convince me." "Oops, I think I dialed the wrong number. Sorry. Bye." The storyline will be they tried to entice him but he really wants to stay put; but hey, they made the phone call, right? Aaaaaand Harbaugh jumps ship and goes elsewhere.

I said this in a different thread yesterday. It's amazing to me how the Jets have zero ability to learn from their previous mistakes. This will be the third successive time in a row that they are employing this assanine strategy. My gut feeling is that Mike Maccagnan survives his 2 year extension, Jets in 2021. I have no faith in Jets ownersip.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Exactly the way I see it too Jeto. TweedleDee and TweedledumAss doing the hiring doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies..I won't be around in 2021 if Macc still is learning on the job and the Jets are still in free fall.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. jetophile

If MM somehow foolishly squanders money or he falls flat in the draft, HE HAS TO BE FIRED, NO QUESTION. Imagine if Kirk Cousins took the deal?! There wouldn't be enough ledges in NYC for all of the jumpers. MM dodged a serious bullet and we'd be Shoe Bootyless. Just because he pulled off somewhat of a coup doesn't excuse all of the other idiocy. I feel like writing Kirk Cousins a thank you letter.

I know that we're all screaming for OL but this draft is loaded with edge rushers. I know people will probably freak out if we take one before addressing the offensive line, but basically we need everything! We'll see what happens in FA, but the moral of the story is why does Woody Johnson think that just because he has a hospital named after him that he can perform brain surgery? Idiot. Not you, him.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. jetophile

Um, yeah? Granted Maccagnan isn't as bad as O Tannenbaum how lovely are thy branches but he's made a lot of $ and draft gaffes and is pretty much hanging his hat on Darnold, Adams, and a couple of others. You do recall how much money he could've blown if Kirk Cousins accepted the Jets OFFER, right? And, Sam would be elsewhere and we'd be mired in the same quicksand. Well, we're still in quicksand but at least it isn't fatal at this point and we can still get pulled out before our heads go under if we're lucky.

20. jetophile

LAJet likes this.