The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

OK. nevermind. It didnt happen.

rmfe. I guess ESPN, and the Boston Herald are now Mangini's tools....rme.

The simple fact is protection calls are made AT THE LINE, when Both sets of players are on the field.

Cheating didnt get a 14-7 lead at the half, or even the 108 yard KO return for 21-7.

But the fact remains, the second half offense is now suspect...

It would also be curious to know what the curious radio events are that are being investigated...

IT is possible, that the calls werent even made by Brady, but relayed to him after the defensive calls were made....

#81 Hobbes3259, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. rillo

rillo New Member

Didn't the Pats complain about how the Dolphins took the audio from their games last year and 'used' it against them...interesting story

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm surprised you didn't start a thread about it. Maybe you're thread-shy after the Pay Attention thread? You should go back to your zoostation nick, coward.

#83 abyzmul, Sep 10, 2007
  4. jaychamp

jaychamp New Member

Huh?

The defense on the field needs to be able to see the signals. Someone on the Pats sideline could easily position himself to see them. I saw this posted elsewhere so I won't take credit, but what about the coach in the booth? I'm sure he could see them pretty clearly :lol:

Well we'll see what happens at the Razor and you can make up more excuses.

And just for the record, and if it's true, then yes I agree the Pats should be punished for it since it's illegal. I still fail to see how this gave them any advantage. Sounds more like the media just trying to stir the pot and some of you are actually buying into it w/o thinking.

Absolutely, and Reche, who the Jets interviewed, got cut after he was privvy to some of the gameplan.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Unbelievable -- I heard some confirmation of this on the radio -- but, Man! This is unacceptable if it is true. On the bright side, it can only be good for us.

6. Hobbes3259

Then why do they do it??????

Repeatedly?

7. jaychamp

jaychamp New Member

Yes but if I remember correctly they were just using regular game film. Maybe "enhanced" the audio or something but nothing illegal. I think Taylor even admitted to it. I'm just going by memory here though.

8. Sean_in_titletown

This is sour grapes. Mangini and the Jets leaked this info to the media. This stuff goes on all the time. Difference here is that Mangini needed to take some sort of victory out of yesterday.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

10. jaychamp

jaychamp New Member

Typical BB mind games? I have no idea but I have yet to hear or see anything that shows it giving an advantage.

#90 jaychamp, Sep 10, 2007
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think you are forgetting something (either deliberately or absent-mindedly.)

I of course don't believe a word of this till proven true, so you can count me out on that boat, but what's bothering me is the "radio signals at unidentified frequency." If the conspiracy does work in Patriots' hand, it could mean that spy was filming the signals, and sending the radio signal at Pats booth. Since the time is short, he must have been given some pointers to look for in both offense and defense.

12. Hobbes3259

Charley Casserly?

The Detroit Lions?

The Green Bay packers????

They all work for Mangini now?

Here's the thing, this morning all Jets fans came in no excuses, bemoaning the fact that our team got manhandled....(I.E. facing up to the truth)...

But now we have the perverse situation of NE getting caught doing something that they have been caught doing before, multiple times, and yet
    NE Fans are the ones making excuses, and living in denial.

TO be honest, when this thread was first posted, I gave it no credence.

but Chris Mortenson of ESPN

and Charlie Casserly are hardly less than credible sources...

Man Up....

You guy cheats.

Regularly.

13. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

Not saying whether this is true or not, but there are a ton of ways an enterprising coach like BB could use it.

for instance, during half-time, or even the first series (honestly, I actually thought we were competitive until half-time), they could figure out that a certain signal means blitz and let Brady know and he can just as easily look at the sideline for those signals. you'd need somebody that can analyze video pretty quick, but if you're putting in new video tape after each series and analyzing them while the jets offense was on the field, it wouldn't be too bad. in addition, if they're using a different frequency to communicate as they are accused of having done, they can pipe that to the head coach as it's happening. i'm sure teams change their signals game-to-game, but i doubt it changes series-to-series. there would be a lot less recognition that would have to happen in order for them to figure out what the signals mean.

i am a bit suspicious, mostly because they always seemed to have the right number of blockers every time they blitzed. sure, they blocked everyone well, but you usually get at least a couple plays where the o-line is just out-numbered.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Cheaters never win..

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You Bostonian "Massholes extraordinaire," as Baron Samedi chooses to at least label himself, crack me up. Here you are, on our website, the day after you beat us, now trying to defend illegal, embarassing and, quite frankly, juvenile behavior on the part of The Coach Who Walks On Water. It's not good enough to come here and rub our noses in the loss. Oh no. Once accomplished, we now have to stick around and see what else we can meddle with.

Look, you mackeral-snappers beat us yesterday, fair and square. Okay? You were the better team.

Now run along. I'm sure you have better things to do with your time, like gloat on your own website, for example. But to come here and jump into a news story that might possibly embarass your team and Your Beloved is hilarious beyond words. God Forbid your victory should be at all tarnished. We can't have that, so we need to linger to vindicate and refute all charges, no matter if we know squat about them yet. That's not important. What is important is that we continue the victory dance by hanging around the board denegrating, impugning and castigating any Jets fan who hears of this supposed inappropriate and perhaps illegal activity and make sure they can't even voice their opinions on same without hearing again from us.

You won't be as good as you now are forever, fellas. Just remember that.

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

What about audibles being called... The O subs in, the Jets make their calls, the Pats identify them, radio them in to Brady, he keeps in a RB and/or TE to block, and slides the protection towards the blitz... Very plausible...

17. rillo

rillo New Member

Pats have been accused of this before....sooner or later the truth will come out. I doubt anything would come out of this, but it makes alil more sense now....enjoy ur victory...

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right, everybody should get caught cheating but the Patriots. Whatever.

19. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

pats caught signal stealing!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012989

check this out....it seemed like they knew what was comming....did they?

if this is verified the pats can lose draft picks. and this is the same guy that was thrown out of green bay last year.

an excerpt...

The Patriots' cameraman was suspected of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches who were sending signals to their unit on the field, the sources said. The league also is investigating some radio frequency issues that occurred during the game.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Do people even bother reading the board before they post anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.