The Official NFL Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 29, 2018.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Without question. I would have easily ponied up whatever it was for DT AND Tate!! This isn't about winning this year - It is about making sure Sam can improve to become the best QB possible. You would still be sitting around $80million with a first and a 3rd left.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

3 and a 5 for Fowler to The Rams!!!!

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mike Maccagnan is not treating this trade deadline as if his job is on the line. I guess it is not. Todd Bowles has not coached like his job is on the line either. It might not be either. Disappointing.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't, not with all the holes/needs that we have. For it to have been a good move, Tate would have had to have put up 1,000 yard, 8+ TD seasons for the next 3 years.

5. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. They have a crap OL. They don't have an edge rusher. They have other needs. Trading a draft pick for a 31-year old WR would be stupid beyond belief.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Tate for a 3rd, Thomas for a 4th, ..... Cooper for a 1st? Sorry, Jerruh, but that's a bad deal.

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Where's that last second Bell to the Jets trade? Macc is all about those last minute deals. They need a running back badly to help Sam relieve some pressure, but I don't think they should give up what it would take for that.

I thought they might do something, but looks like they are standing pat. Surprised they didn't at least bring in someone like Dez for a workout with 4 of their top pass catchers hurt.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

bell can't be traded. he isn't signed yet and is purposely not going to sign before the deadline so pitt can't trade him. he doens't want to be traded and holds all the cards right now

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Teams in the state of the JETS shouldnt treat the trade deadline as such.... unless they're having a firesale

TonyFtLaud, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah cowboys got ripped off for sure. i'd understand a 2nd due to his age but not a 1st when tate and thomas are better WRs overall. i would have loved to bring one of those guys in at that cost. remember we have a free 3rd rounder becuase of the teddy trade. i'm sure anyone here would have been fine with trading teddy for DT or GT

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The trade deadline is like being offered a nice slice of cake when you're on diet. We are dying for some cake, but we're better off in the long run by passing on it.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As long as the team is substanially improved in the offseason, I'm ok with it. Can Macc do it? I'm not sure.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We're likely to spend moderately in the free agency and look much better on paper, but I don't want another spending spree.

14. NCJetsfan

If it helps, he continued to talk with the Jags about trading for Fowler, but dropped out when the price got too high.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I love Tate as a player, but with the holes on this roster, how can anyone think it wise to trade a 3rd round pick for an 8 game rental?
    Package the 3 Rd and 4th for a second better.

16. NCJetsfan

Normally, I'm not one for big spending sprees, but the Jets need to fix the LG position and need an edge rusher. A.J. Cann is the only starting caliber OG who may be available in FA. He won't come cheaply, and I'm all in on signing him. Also, edge rushers are expensive and we desperately need one. Again, I'm all in. Otherwise, it probably will be only depth or STs-type players, as I don't know if there are any others the Jets would have interest in or be able to come in and replace any of our starters. Maybe at TE and there may be some help at WR, but nothing big.

17. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't want Dez brought in if we had NO healthy WRs. I'd rather them play 3 TEs and 2 RBs if necessary. Brandon Marshall is being released. Maybe they can bring him back. LOL

Sam Hammer likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I'm shocked that the Packers traded HaHa Clinton Dix to the Redskins for a 4th round pick, but based on what I read, he wasn't happy in GB and probably wasn't going to re-sign with them. Ty Montgomery was traded for a 7th because he pitched a hissy fit when taken out for a play this past Sunday right before the kickoff that sealed the win for the Rams. He was ordered to take a knee on that KO, and ran it out for spite. Can't believe anyone gave up anything, even a 7th round pick for that selfish POS!

Sam Hammer and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just want Sam to succeed. I think having better weapons can do that for him. A lot can happen to a player's mindset their first year. If he keeps getting his ass kicked and has no success that is not great. I don't want to go (3-13). I think (6-10) or so would be better for Sam. If they added a weapon at the deadline it could have helped. Maybe they feel Anderson and Enunwa are closer than people think. Hopefully Herndon and Burnett keep improving too. If so, that is less holes to fill in the off-season.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

With over $106 million in space for 2019 and over $115 million in 2020, I'd expect Mac to spend pretty heavily this off season.