The Official 2019-20 Mike MacCagnan thread..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 9, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well you are shooting yourself in the foot mate, you and I both know that they will not be winners waiting to happen by the end of 2019, even by the end of 2020 it is still conceivable they will need that one last draft to possibly be the team you and I want them to be.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Cousins was not the reason the Vikings failed. He passed for 4200 yards, threw 30 TDS and only 10 interceptions.

They are 30th in the league in rushing the ball, the lack of balance on offense is what killed them.

Even the patriots who have Tom Brady know the importance of a balanced offensive attack ended up top 5 in running the ball.

QBs get too much credit and too much blame, it’s a team sport, it doesn’t help he faced the number one ranked defense with playoffs on the line.

3. Red Menace

I told the board in a previous post, we are going to end up with our own Reggie McKenzie, 1 good year and 6 bad ones.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We cannot do anything about our owners we sadly are stuck with them but for me this all comes down to NOT only did we hire the wrong coach in Bowels but if Dorsey hires McCarthy tomorrow it just shows again that we blew it when we hired our GM. Time will tell but IMO no one is running to work for Chris Johnson, Mac and the NY Jets

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Why would you think that? Dorsey has a ton of ties to McCarthy and the Browns are going to be expected to challenge next season. They are undoubtedly a step closer than the Jets are at this point. If he chooses the Jets over them it would show he really likes the potential here, at least it would to me.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

agree and quite frankly mayfield is the better QB, currently.

7. Red Menace

While I wouldn’t mind Mcarthy, I would be surpised if he signs with Jets. Dorsey is already paying dividends for that organization in 2 years. They have another boat load of picks in the draft and are trending in the right direction.

He is a top 3 GM in the NFL, Mac is still a little fish at this point in his GM career, not sure why his drafts were so bad. Was it scouting, was it deffering to his HCs needs, I believe that was the case by the way.

I believe the only way Mcarthy signs with Jets is the power structure and having similar philosophies with FO, other than that I believe he will be Cleveland’s next HC as he probably has more in common with Dorsey than Mac.

Something else to think about, Mayfield maybe too much of a PITA for his comfort level at this point in his coaching career.

ColoradoContrails, Cman68 and CBG like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Heres what I am getting at = IF IF IF the Jets really want McCarthy and he is there first choice ( and I am not saying I know that he is but IF he is ) you don't even let the Browns get to him first you make every effort and move the world to make it happen. I think Mac as usual is snoozing,,,,,the same way he snoozed when FA either never made it to us and signed elsewhere or the way he let FA walk out the door and sign in the locker room across the hall

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Watch what you say Menace you will have clowns bashing you --------I totally agree I expect McCarthy to be hired by the Browns tomorrow or shortly after

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Then it looks like I'm gonna have an aching foot. :) I really need to see something in '19 instead of believe in Darnold and damn the rest. Been doing this nonsense far too long mate..Time for the reality of the situation to be acknowledged.

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the good year.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Cman68

I've been saying this for quite some time now. Its hard to admit that Cleveland has bypassed the Jets as a preferrable destination for a big name coach or FA for that matter. They have everything we do with half the media headache and, dare I say it, NY/NJ tax rates and COL. His dollars will go farther in Cleveland than either Jersey or NY. The only sticking point is Mayfield and his 'tude. Might remind him of the shit he left behind with Rodgers.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit CB. Chris Johnson will be standing at the curb with a satchel full of cash and no one to spend it on. Upside is that since Chris is a brilliant football mind, I'm sure he'll come up an even better hire.

#272 Cman68, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  13. Red Menace

I know they didn’t make playoffs but they had a winning season in their first year.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Cleveland may have passed the Jets by but, if so, a big piece of that was their decision to make a mid season change in staff that could only benefit their team immediately rather than extending a mistake. That could actually play in favor of the Jets though by keeping McCarthy available to work in New York. I believe the turnaround in Cleveland since the coaching change is significant, has the team on the right path and it would be a mistake for them to change that chemistry now. I see Williams and Kitchens having the "interim" removed from their titles.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  15. Cman68

Agreed. I think they should stand pat and just elevate Gregg Williams to HC/DC and keep all their other management pieces in place. This may work out for the Jets as you said.

16. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

No I'm saying that because he put all his eggs in the Cousins basket, it either shows that he thought we had enough talent to at least make the playoffs this season, OR he is F'ing CLUELESS. If you spend all that money on Cousins plus trade picks to move up, it puts you at a disadvantage going into next season. We would have had fewer picks and less money for free agency.

In the end, thanks to Cousins passing and screwing the Vikings, Mac lucked into a good situation. But if not for luck, he would have crippled us. And for that reason alone, he should be gone.

westiedog1 and PJ4Ever like this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I always find myself giving Mac the benefit of the doubt as he wears glasses and looks like a college professor so I keep assuming he must be really smart and know his stuff

KurtTheJetsFan and PJ4Ever like this.
  18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give Shanahan the keys to anything the janitor's closet, much less the keys to the franchise. I'm not sure I'd even give McCarthy that much power, but if that's what it takes to get him, then I might. Right now John Harbaugh is the only guy I'd give that much power.

20. NCJetsfan

Let's also not forget all the draft picks he squandered trading up. That's why we have no depth.

westiedog1 and Sam Hammer like this.
  21. NCJetsfan

Well, would you have been happier if Mac hadn't signed him and then Bowles had whined about Mac undercutting him like Idzik did to Rex? I understand your point and agree to some extent, but perhaps he was just giving Bowles the benefit of the doubt and trying to support him or it's not out of the question that Chris Johnson ordered Mac to sign Trumaine Johnson to give Bowles every chance to succeed.

22. Cman68

Since Macc isn't getting fired in 2019, I'm taking the word "fire" out of the thread title..