The New York Jets Select...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 24, 2017.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

A team with this many holes leaves them with multiple options to go BPA. I like fixing the back-end with Hooker or Adams at 6. I don't care how many years this team drafted a defensive player in the first round - the argument isn't that they've drafted a defensive player, it's that they've simply drafted the wrong defensive players. Outside of Mo, it's been a complete shit show of incompetence ... (Sheldon, as well)

101GangGreen101 and LAJet like this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

ugh is right--seem to agree with almost all your posts

Pags2112 and CBG like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Your bolded statement is right, but that said, the fact remains that by doing this, they've let the "O" become even worse than the "D". That doesn't mean they should just draft "O" no matter what, but there are some real assets to be had on offense, and are critical no matter whether they stick with Pettenberg, or draft someone else - they're going to need all the help they can get. And the back end of the "D" can be substantially improved in rounds 3+.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I won't hold it against you lol

5. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Lattimore is so injury prone .. he will likely tear his ACL going down the steps backstage at the Draft, and will later require shoulder surgery after doctors associate the injury to holding up his "#1" jersey awkwardly.

That mock draft and all others having Lattimore to the Jets must be destroyed and stricken from history along with Dee Milliner.

6. ColoradoContrails

I would be shocked if Lattimore is their 1st pick! After the shock wore off, I would renounce any loyalty to the Jets.

What baffles me is that all these "experts" would pick a guy with his injury history, AND at a position that is less critical for them than several others: QB, pass rusher, LT, TE, S. But these are the Jets of course.

tomdeb, NYJetsO12 and Pags2112 like this.
  7. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

LOL Agreed .. it's that damn Dee Milliner I tell ya!

8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Defense. ..a safety cannot be avoided life a CB can therefore i would take Adams or Hooker.
    Hooker concerns me...not sold that he truly loves the game enough to be great on the next level. He wanted to quit in college.

Offense...Fournette, Mixon, then OJ.
    Our qb's need the relief a great rb can give. Defense is energized by offense. These two rb's are homerun hitters and OJ is a match nightmare. Someone said we didnt have a top 10 D, i believe they fet worn out and cant perform as needed because the O cant sustain drives.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

After what I've read about Lattimore, the high tech system that was involved and the painstaking steps that have to be taken just to prevent this guy from turning to dust...I absolutely stay away from him. It's chronic stuff and it will only get worse once he enters the brutal NFL.

Maybe he goes to another team and magically never misses a game for 15 years. But we're the Jets. If he comes here it will be the worst case scenarion. Dee Milliner...my gosh even Milliner isn't this brittle

10. ColoradoContrails

Last I heard, Milliner was a FA, so if somebody really thinks we need a CB on IR, just sign him to a cheap contract and save the draft pick.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

At cornerback you can definitely find someone at the later rounds. Safety and EDGE absolutely not. It's a 2 man race. So if the Jets are coveting a safety and they are available on the clock, gotta take em.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wow ..one day to go!

To me the point is not to "covet " one player or position when there are SEVERAL needs

This is not a 2 year rebuild philosophy but just the same old " BPA and grab em" thinking

Yes you could win out with that safety or edge rusher but the rest of the team will suffer

Extremely short sighted and stupid

Whatever it takes we should trade down

Br4d and Pags2112 like this.
  13. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Marshon Lattimore or Malik Hooker

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yep the rumors will be really flying today and tomorrow leading up to tomorrow night. will be glued to this site and ESPN.

Pags2112 and Br4d like this.
  15. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

yea...you gotta have a trade partner, pardner.

FJF, Walt White and westiedog1 like this.
  16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

When you have the 6th pick finding one is not all that difficult. Teams below us are closer to winning and would be more likely to part with picks in order to get that big difference maker that will put them over the top.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah but when your team needs young talent is it better to draft a guy who is gonna touch the ball 50 times a game or a guy who if he's amazing teams will just not throw towards him. we all seen even having revis shut down half the field in his prime, still didn't win us anything because teams picked on the other CBs most teams have good depth at WR (especially the playoff teams) drafting 1 CB isn't going to make a difference even if he's all world and there are plenty of good CBs to go with in the later rounds. much better value on defense in later rounds this draft then offense. I'm still convinved that trub or fournette is the pick if we don't trade down and if we do trade down i'd like to see us grab williams at 12

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

and where did it get us? I didn't want him released because we are already thin at the position and are paying him to do nothing now 6 million dollars. even with revis shutting down teams top WRs Qbs picked on our other CBs and when we needed a stop against pitt to go to the superbowl they threw away from revis and got the 1st down to end the game. had we had a better QB then sanchez who didn't shit the bed the 1st half of the game, we would have gone to the superbowl that year

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cimini said it best today:

1) This is a mediocre QB class
    2) This is a strong draft in areas where the Jets need help -- cornerback, safety and tight end -- and they should use it as an opportunity to build a foundation.

don't do anything stupid like drafting ANY of these QBs high. the positions of strength are ones we need. Take advantage of that and keep an eye on offensive line when you get a chance.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why so we can run that player to the ground in their first year? You can find plenty of workhorses in this draft outside of 6. Now, I do not want a corner-back at 6, but I would absolutely take a safety because in today's NFL, a safety is valued more and has far more of an impact. I'd take a TE right at 6, as OJ Howard is a impact player big time in the John Morton offense.

We aren't taking Fournette, Fournette will be gone by 6 as the Panthers are looking to trade up. Trub is straight up trash and he's not the BPA at 6. Even Williams is overrated, to me there are plenty of other receivers the Jets can draft in this class. Williams is nothing special tbh.

FJF likes this.