The most important game of the year - October 8th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Sep 17, 2017.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets could be playing the Browns for the first pick in the draft. The Browns had thought they might have a QB in DeShone Kiser, but after today that doesn't look to be the case. Even if Kiser does become their guy, the Browns would be sure to trade it to a team looking for a QB.

This is an important game the Jets could actually win, but that would be horrible for the draft and the team's future.

This will be the first game I will actually watch this season since I live in Ohio and Jets suck too bad to get any National air time. This Jets team is not worth paying for the NFL package or even wasting my time to try and stream in. Checking the game stats every half hour is bad enough and already a waste of time.

Hoping for 0-16 season.

Freddy Mondo, Brook!, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The Browns are going to kick our asses.

3. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

It doesn't take much time or effort to find a stream for a game, but okay bro

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Stay calm and lose.

playtowinthegame, Brook! and Jets69 like this.
  5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

So is this team actually worth watching? Is the owner putting a product on the field that is worth spending your time to watch?

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Clearly you haven't watched this team yet this season otherwise you wouldn't think any game is winnable. Blake Bortles would light this D up.

mezzavo and boozer32 like this.
  7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

"From your mouth to God's ears" - Joe Bidingo

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No need to worry Todd "Coma" Bowles will have the Jets well unprepared for that game and every game before and after. The team has already quit on him. Two things might happen before then, Bowles might be fired and the temp coach will take over. Or he might just quit.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The heart of this team , the defense, looks like dog poop. I made my 5 game win prediction based on how good the defense played enough to carry them and at least make it close and competitive. Thanks to our zombie headed , poker faced head coach, winning 2 games would be a miracle.

mezzavo and boozer32 like this.
  10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

On a day nursing a wicked hangover and unable to move out of bed, yes, it's worth streaming it for free. Other than those parameters, no, not worth it...

11. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Even if Bortles is playing awful, all the Jags would have to do is run the ball. The Jets haven't been able to stop anyone on the ground yet.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm with you...every prediction or discussion Ive had is with the premise that the Defense would be at least serviceable! From what I see the Offense is light years ahead. At least McCown is a gamer and the young receivers and rookie RB have heart and fire. I see nothing on defense. Other than a big hit here or there by our Safeties I see nothing. And Safeties can only do so much...they are still young and learning. Our LB corps is non-existent....literally not there. I would be STUNNED if we win 2 games...heck...we could even flirt with 0-16!

BomberJet likes this.
  13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The whole thing is so messed up. Since Bowles is so highly regarded in the league (for some reason) we have to let him get a 3rd year before firing him. Yet, he is beyond terrible and shouldn't have a job. We do want a decent head coach candidate to come here don't we? Well it seems like there's nothing so but suffer this year.

BomberJet likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So we can look forward to a QB change for that game...

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I don't want 0-16, that's just stupid. We'd be even more of a joke than we already are. As is this is the first team I've seen get 0-16 hype from the outset other than maybe the Browns last year. I want 1-15. You don't need to get the first pick in the draft to get 'a' QB, unless the rumor is true of a couple of kids staying in school just to avoid US. In which case record wouldn't matter much then anyway.

16. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

EVERY game is important and EVERY game should cause you worry until the final whistle. Keep in mind at one point this was a 14-10 game which should have been the score at halftime. It takes commitment and of course luck to finish 0-16. So far it seems like we have a head coach committed to the cause and a team full of stiffs. I don't understand why anyone would be upset with Bowles.

17. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

As long as McCown is our QB, then we have a chance in these games. The guy is tough, you have to give him that. However he has the propensity to get hurt. But he has a chance to win a few. That's not a good thing.

Todd Bowles walked off the post game podium with a slow shuffle and his shoulders slumped. His body language was horrible. The defense is way too bad with the "talent" they have. That is on him. The team takes on the persona of the coach. He makes Rex Ryan look like Vince Lombardi. He's is horrendous.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The tirefire our defense was today is on Bowles. He's supposed to be a defensive coach. Our team sucks, but we have enough talent on defense that a defensive coach shouldn't get embarrassed.

NCJetsfan and BomberJet like this.
  19. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I wasn't asking for much honestly - just something that showed this team is growing together and improving game by game. If this continues, it's all on Bowles as he's making the calls for players to play and game plans to use. The team does look like like a bunch of stiffs, but if they all do it's logical to blame it all on the coaching than all the individuals.

If you are a captain of a platoon and you march your men into quicksand, that would certainly make them all look like stiffs.

20. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Good grief, this place is depressing. Think I'll take some time off.

Go Jets.

LWC611, Royal Tee and Peebag like this.