the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

His drafts blew. When his drafts get re-graded after year 3 or 4 he'll garner straight F's.

His drafts were BRUTAL in who he picked and who he passed up.

Folks defending him should be put in a room and forced to watch this on a never ending loop until they come to their senses.

_

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I actual watch this once n a while to just laugh... It's so bad it's great.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

DRC yes, I am not sure about Davis. I think he wanted to stay in Indy. Losing DRC was not a bad thing, mediocre corner and no need to overpay.

4. nyjunc

That PC sealed his fate, had he not done that I think he'd still be here.

5. chris5533

Your probably right about Davis, it's not that I thought DRC was good, it's just we ran out of options as he did things like sign Patterson and I felt like we have to get anyone that can play a little at this point. It was like trying to pick up the last girl left in the bar that isn't 300 pounds, and we couldn't even do that. Lol

6. nyjunc

for me his biggest mistake was not re-signing Cro. Cro wanted to be here, would have been cheap and CB would have been solid going into the season.

Idzik did not perform, my thing w/ him ahs always been I don't think 2 years is enough time especially when his orders were to clean up the cap and he was building for 2015 and beyond but I think that PC doomed him.

7. chris5533

I couldn't agree more about cro. The cap thing honestly is a myth... All teams end up in that spot.. Taken away cro, sanchez,pace and Holmes contract was the logical move not special. The pc did not help... I think it made the jets a laughing stock on a national level not just local. They tore idzik apart on nfl network all week.. It did help force woodsy hand.. I'm still shocked he called that press confrence and then did that. Lol

8. nyjunc

I agree it was a bit overblown, I think we easily get out from under it w/ Tannenbaum too but his frugal ways the last 2 years gave us a ridiculous amount of cap space.

9. chris5533

That's true that he didn't spend even when he did so that does gives us an obnoxious amount of money. Lol

10. chris5533

The problem with ny sports is, we say we want a 5 year building plan... The truth is no one does, everyone wants an all madden team at all costs. Lol it is what it is and will never change. To pull off what idzik wanted to do in theory, you would have to be parcells esc... No way the media would give him the time or respect to do it, once his moves were going bad. It was a feeding frenzy.

11. nyjunc

he was preparing for a future he'd never get to oversee.

12. nyjunc

if 2013 and 2014 flipped he would have had more time.

13. chris5533

He sunk himself in the process... Cro/ Patterson fiasco. Does sum up idzik.. Cro-pro bowl. Patterson- out of the nfl. Lol

14. chris5533

Geno really did kill idzik..ni didn't think it was a bad pick, he just didn't develop. Had he gone 20/10 3000 yards in 14 and the jets gone 4/12 I think idzik still here with the promise of geno. Don't forget rex did such a great job playing the whoa is me card, he got fired and a raise. lol the media let him off the hook for everything, I like rex allot, but I admit.. Master manipulation of the media by him too. With all that said, idzik did an Undefendable job and deserved to be fired.

15. nyjunc

that was the other thing, the way he handled the QBs. It was ok to draft Geno but he shoved him down Rex's throat and Geno was not ready to play. Sanchez should have been named starter before the Giant game, he should have played most of 2013 and Geno should have played when he was ready.

16. chris5533

It was obvious year one sanchez did hands down out play geno.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

How do you know what his offer was to DRC and Davis. He wasn't talking to anyone. He wasn't giving the press a sniff. What I read last year was that Davis was the guy he really wanted. And that he thought he had him signed. But that Grigson countered to keep him. Look Idzik didn't do a good job. But his drafts were ok. The 2014 draft when he had all of the picks: he had supplemental picks which you can't trade. So that's where you get the numbers. And it was supposed to be a deep draft. If me I would have bundled regular picks to either trade up or back for picks in 2015. But again he thought there was depth and maybe he could pick up a couple of role players, guys like Trevor Reilly. So just because he doesn't do what I wanted him to do do I want to fire him. Also in that draft every player except one (Tajh Boyd) is still on an NFL roster. That draft could end up being mediocre but experts game him decent grades. So he drafted for a weakness (the secondary) instead of wide receiver with his first pick. Two of his 3 first round picks were Dbs. There was a plan and it could have worked.

18. chris5533

I don't know of any offer to davis.. DRC his offer was so low he left, Giants signed him 20 minutes later, again, I understand there bad luck and all that.. Idzik had tons of bad luck because nothing really panned out. Bad luck can't be the excuse. His whole job isn't suppose be a total guessing game.. If that's the case the jets might as well let me draft players. 2 picks made your referring to are milliner and Mcdougle. Both injury prone players and to this point bad picks.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Tony Pauline for one had a story on it last year. Just google it. I meant Milliner and Pryor. Ok some injuries. Almost every secondary in the NFL had injuries. These guys could be the building blocks of a good secondary. They were highly rated coming out of college. Injury prone you say. Who isn't injury prone.

20. chris5533

Milliner and mcdougle are injury prone( history) Pryor I hope works out if he's able to play his natural position.. Again, idzik ignoring team needs forced a guy out of position.