The Jets will be NFL's surprise 2017 team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FanSinceBIGShea, May 20, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK thanks. I couldn't figure out what OJT stood for.

I agree with what you said. GMs do usually get a longer rope because none have experience having been the GM before. He's also done a better job than Bowles, so deserves more lattitude.

2. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Bad news for the crowd either hoping the Jets tank or predicting they do this upcoming season.

Ain't happening, bitches.

Nor should it.

Jets will be a competitive football team this year.

2-14?

Dream on.

3-13?

Try again.

This team will win 6 games minimum.

This year's team is the start of something BIG.

Tank City?

Try another team...cause that ain't happening at One Jets Drive.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I rather have us be better then everyone thought then go 2-14 for a shot at a QB who may or may not be even worth taking.

FJF likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I really DGAF what everyone thinks of the Jets. What I'm concerned with is progress and a chance to actually compete. What you propose is more mediocrity. What you want is for the Jets to continue selling the dream that this team can compete without the tools to actually compete. This isn't about rep. This isn't about perception. This is about tangible results. This is about making real strides. This is about playing in the NFL by 2017 rules. That means you need a FQb period. You're gonna need playmakers. You're gonna need a offense that can stay on the field and put up points. You're gonna have to draft when and where these players are available. Mediocre records takes that opportunity off the table.

We don't need 6-10. We don't need 8-8. We don't need 5-11 either. We need a shot at an actual blue chip Qb prospect no matter what the odds are that he's gonna suck. That's where faith in your Leadership team comes into play. If Macc has the opportunity to draft a FQb, isn't that better than endlessly signing "mentors"? Qb's who are on their way out of the league trying to cash out?

Pride and Ego needs to be prioritized. The Jets have been a footnote in the NFL going on 7 years now. Time for reality to set in. This team needs to help itself for once instead of following the New York Knicks model of just sucking for the sake of sucking. Wins are meaningless except to TB who is coaching for his job. This team is going nowhere in 2017. Time to take advantage of that and make the most of this opportunity.

After 48 years, are you really gonna stand on reputation? Really???

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Tell me the last team that tanked over and over again and it paid off big.Look at the Browns they have 2 or 3 high first round picks every year it seems and it's got them nowhere.The only team that comes to mind is the Raiders and they didn't need to tank to land Derek Carr in round 2.Its about drafting well not losing games to get higher picks.We have an awful draft record and it's the sole reason we are where we are,losing games isn't gonna change that.

6. Cman68

You're blaming our drafting acumen which is valid. However, you have to have some faith in the FO to get this thing right. If we remain in limbo record wise, they might as well fold up the franchise and move it. The Fanbase is sick and tired of 6-10 seasons. We have nothing to lose by trying to get a franchise Qb. We're not gonna win shit without one so, unless you don't have any confidence that Macc can find a FQb with a GPS, you may want to change your mind. At least put the opportunity for a FQb in front of Macc and see what he can do with it. If he fcks it up, he gets fired and we start over.

What happens if Macc actually lucks up and we finally get our FQb? Which scenario do you prefer... 6-10 and no hope over 4-12 and some shot at a FQb???

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. FanSinceBIGShea

I get some of your points...however, what is the coaching staff and the team supposed to do heading into 4th quarters of games where the contest is not yet decided, the Jets are in the game, and they have an opportunity to win? Pull our starters and simply try to lose the game?

8. Cman68

The Jets usually find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory simply by playing hard instead of smart.They can't get the critical 3rd down stop or the crucial 1st down. They play a prevent defense and allow teams to come back late when they have a slim lead. Point being, the Jets don't have to lose on purpose when they'll lose games with their play no matter what. The talent simply isn't there on the field and unfortunately, on the sidelines. The Jets won't have to tank with this schedule. They will lose mostly because they don't have the horses in place yet to compete with the opposite team. Talent only takes you so far. Ability and competence has to come into play at some point. That applies to the guys on the field as well as the guys on the sidelines calling the plays.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. FanSinceBIGShea

They'll finish 6-10 at worst.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's called the Prevent Defense?

11. NCJetsfan

Good post. For the life of me, I can't understand Jets fans who want the team to win 5-6 games this year and think that's what's best for the team.

12. NCJetsfan

LOL whatever.

13. Cman68

No way in hell.

14. FanSinceBIGShea

Yeah, you'll apologize in a few months to me. J-E-T-S...Jets! Jets! JETS!

15. Cman68

We shall see...

#95 Cman68, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    FanSinceBIGShea likes this.
  16. FanSinceBIGShea

Okay, brother, Let's Go Jets.

#96 FanSinceBIGShea, May 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
    Cman68 likes this.