The Jets are going to be 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Crack is not your friend.
    You are having trouble finding a fifth loss?

Here are 5,6,7 and 8

Win vs Bengals? -- Bengals are a top AFC team not much chance - I think we lose by 3 scores
    Win vs Bills - possible but I will believe it when I see it, and doubt we will sweep them.
    Win against Seahawks - Seattle is a lot better than you are giving them credit for.
    Win at Steelers - (Jets are like 1-9 in Pitt)

9 and 10 will be 2 of the following (Pats, Ravens, Bills, Colts, Dolphins)

6 and 10 is where this team will end up.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think we're catching the Bengals really vulnerable. Two of the hardest things for an offense to adjust to are new pass catchers and a new offensive coordinator. They'll be playing for the first time without Marvin Jones and Mohammed Sanu and Eifert won't play either. AJ Green is the type of guy that Revis usually handles (big and physically imposing but won't outrun you too often) not the shifty Watkins/Hopkins type that's exposed him. Pair that with the fact that I trust our defense to shut down any running game and I think Cincy will really struggle on offense against us. It'll come down to whether or not we can score enough points on a pretty good defense, but it doesn't seem like a game that should already be written off as a 3 score loss, especially in the atmosphere of a 9/11 home opener. Week 1 is the least predictable by far.

NYJetsO12 and Walt White like this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Giovani Bernard is the type of back that will kill us coming out of the backfield.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not with lee and jenkins and mauldin. we should have the speed to defend that better now

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

+1

We got 'em home too. Big game but we can win it

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As long as we don't end up with Bernard isolated on a linebacker in man coverage we'll be fine. I fully expect to see a lot more zone looks, and actually primarily zone because of what should be an improved pass rushed and in theory a lesser cornerback group. Revis can be an awesome ball hawk of he plays a deep third zone and is able to rally up to underneath routes because of his incredible football instincts.

I look at the schedule and first thought was wow it's tough. But people are forgetting that this Jets team is going to be a frustrating team to play against especially for teams coming into MetLife. All the pressure in the world is on Fitz and friends on the offensive side of the ball because the defense should rank near the top with a ton of versatile players to match up against anyone.

The versatility of the defense is important. We'll be able to play a multiple front and insert this linebacker or that linebacker when the scenario or team presents a certain matchup.

NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  7. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

pessimistic jets fan. i'm sure you're one of those that said 4-12 before last season when I said 11-5. we'll look back at this later and see who was closer.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I think we can get 9 wins and that could get us in the tournament. Gonna be a fun year. Don't think 10 is unrealistic. Gotta stay healthy. A thing or two breaks our way and you never know....maybe more

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

BTW, do you realize you still didn't read anything beyond the headline?

10. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Bungles lost there 1st round CB pick to a torn pec and there back up TE to a knee injury at practice today as well.

Some dork above said we'd lose by 3 scores? No way. Cinci has lost a lot of personnel this off season, including the most important piece to that offense Hue Jackson.

And least we forget this game is going to be played at home on the 15th anniversary of the September 11th attacks...........Jets going to lose this game? Nawww. Lose by 3 scores?......Fuck off.

#90 Ptflea2, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Big Cat and Walt White like this.
  11. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

My apologies if I've misunderstood the intent of your post but Dan Fouts was universally recognized as one of the top, elite QBs of his era and will be justly remembered by those who watched him play as the extraordinary, HOF performer he was at his position.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I got 11Ws as the cap for this Jets team. They have virtually no weakness on defense outside of inexperience at linebacker and depth in the secondary. Continuity on the offensive side of the ball. Like you said a thing or two breaks the Jets way. 7 if things go south early. Jets have to get a key win early in the season, otherwise the Jets end up like 2014 after that killer schedule. If the Jets win that Packers game who knows what happens the rest of the way. That game killed any confidence the team had.

Big Cat and Walt White like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes, but he's rarely talked about today as a great quarterback. My point was just exactly the one you made. Everyone who watched him play remembers how good he was (and unfortunately I'm not one of them), however he is rarely brought up when the discussion of great quarterbacks comes up.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd put Fouts in the top 10-15 all-time..
    definitely one of the greats.

little tidbit about Fouts:
    He broke Joe Namath's single season passing record (4,007) in 1979 with (4,082).
    Then Fouts broke his own record in 1980 (4,715).
    Then he broke that record again in 1981 (4,802).
    3 straight years, 3 straight single season passing records.

Fouts records went on to be broken by Marino in '84, Brees in '11, and ultimately Manning in '13..
    He's in pretty good company.

#94 BacktoQueens, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

agree in regards to the talent on this team, and the need to get in a key Win early in season.
    i was at Lambeau for the Green Bay game in 2014. ugh, weird game.
    starting the season with a home Win against Cincy is really important. don't want to go into Buffalo 0-1 on a real short week where anything can happen.

all in all, i see 9 to 10 W talent, largely led by the defense, provided we stay healthy.
    the starting OT's, depth along the Oline, and depth at the QB position make me the most nervous.

16. Altoona

I understand your point and for that matter, so many other HOF great QBs are rarely discussed today simply because they are part of the past and the majority of fan focus is, and generally always has been, on the present day. I think its just human nature more than anything else.
    Not too long ago,, Fouts was voted by San Diego Fans as the greatest Charger of all time. I believe if Fouts had the opportunity to play under the rules of today's game which prevents DBs from all the clutching, grabbing, holding and unrestricted hard contact they were allowed to get away with back in the old days, he'd easily reclaim his yardage records.

How much is Joe Montana, the all time most clutch QB, talked about today? It saddens me a little when I think of Al Toon, one of the most gifted, graceful and talented receivers I ever saw play. While I'm grateful he was a Jet, I believe he could have been statistically among the all time greats had be had the opportunity to play with Montana or even Marino in Miami.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. If Clady and the rest of the O-line does a first class job and Fitz doesn't lose the plot, I can see us finishing as high as 12-4. I have enough confidence (barring devastating injuries) that our defense will be better than ever this season so as long as our offense doesn't become seriously turnover prone, we should finish at least 9-7.

#96 Altoona, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

12-4, minimum 9-7? Come on man. The Jets were not as good of a team last year as some around here think, we've been over the weakest schedule in the league point ad nauseum already so I'm not going to go back over it. The first 6 games this year are brutal. The Jets could go 4-2 but could just as easily start 0-6. Who knows what the Jets are going to do this year, maybe they're a good team and maybe they're not, but to act like 9-7 is a floor/minimum is really naive and ignorant of the circumstances.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Our floor is your ceiling.
    Who do you like for the h.c. job in 2017?

JETS1116 and Altoona like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you. I'd put the Over/Under for the Jets at 8.5. Pretty much the same for the Bills, but I'll go with 7.5 for you guys. :)

20. Altoona

Obviously, no one knows for sure which is why the games are actually played. Strength of schedule, however, is not a fact but an unreliable metric at best. In the end, predictions are just that and, with your kind permission of course, I'm sticking with mine....

Walt White and abyzmul like this.