The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

We are talking hypothetical, so all the illegals are gone.
    So if American workers are going to take these same jobs at the same pay, why are they not taking them now?

tank7501 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Some poor American workers already do. Their workforce isn't 100% illegal, its just 100% off the books

3. The Waterboy

It is not even close to 100% off the books but I can see you now just throwing things against the wall to see if they'll stick.

4. BrowningNagle

haha. okay. throwing things at a wall to see if they stick is how Trump got elected. It's how you started this argument with your hypothetical "if they throw out all illegals americans will make more" claim.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm sure you'd be all gung ho about the illegal strawberry workers if Trump employed them. If we're going to have labor laws all companies should have to abide by them. Otherwise they can shove their strawberries up their asses.

6. BrowningNagle

I am not making the argument that they shouldn't go after the employers at all. They should. That's a far bigger problem then going after the people they are exploiting and warping your mind around the idea that it would create opportunity. I agree with you here, go after the companies that hire illegal immigrants, that don't pay their workers on the books, etc. But Trump pounds his chest about the immigrants instead. Has he said anything about the employers?

7. The Waterboy

Farm owners continually gripe that they will not have enough workers if they can not hire illegals, what do you think would be the solution?

8. BrowningNagle

well I don't know but I don't think the solution is talking a bunch of nonsense about the illegal workers like Trump

9. The Waterboy

Are you really going to avoid saying it? The solution if you can't find enough workers at the current rate of pay, you have to raise the rate of pay. Either that or let the crop rot in the fields.

10. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

The point is: you can't create jobs by destroying jobs and companies. Do you think those immigrants paid rent and bought products
    at the local supermarket? You ruin the lives of not just the immigrants who are doing jobs that nobody wants. Trump not only wants
    to do this, he wants to spend taxpayer money to do it. It's insane.

Ron

11. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

"Sessions never quite denied most of these charges, but insisted he was not a racist. Other witnesses testified that they had never seen a racist side of him. But what no one denied was his use of the power of the U.S. attorney’s office in Alabama to humiliate and intimidate African American voters. As Ari Berman chronicles the episode:

In the Democratic primary of September 1984, FBI agents hid behind the bushes of the Perry County post office, waiting for [famed Alabama Civil Rights advocate Albert] Turner and fellow activist Spencer Hogue to mail 500 absentee ballots on behalf of elderly black voters. When Turner and Hogue left, the feds seized the envelopes from the mail slots. Twenty elderly black voters from Perry County were bused three hours to Mobile, where they were interrogated by law-enforcement officials and forced to testify before a grand jury. Ninety-two-year-old Willie Bright was so frightened of “the law” that he wouldn’t even admit he’d voted.

In January 1985, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the 39-year-old US Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, charged Turner, his wife Evelyn, and Hogue with 29 counts of mail fraud, altering absentee ballots, and conspiracy to vote more than once. They faced over 100 years in jail on criminal charges and felony statutes under the [Voting Rights Act]—provisions of the law that had scarcely been used to prosecute the white officials who had disenfranchised blacks for so many years. ... The trial was held in Selma, of all places. The jury of seven blacks and five whites deliberated for less than three hours before returning a not-guilty verdict on all counts.

Though rejected by the Judiciary Committee, Sessions went on to become attorney general of Alabama and then U.S. senator. And in those roles, he has fought tooth and nail against advances for racial equality, women’s rights, due process for immigrants, or voting rights."

We are all screwed. Thanks, dunces.

Ron

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I hope this thread lives for 4 years to serve as a constant reminder of the arrogance from the left that helped lead to a trump presidency.

If you voted for trump, obviously, you're a dunce. Noted.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this were a big blocker account.

#112 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Criminals are being deported first. I don't understand an argument for that one. .?

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We should rename this thread "The Orangest Day in History."

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the name is perfect.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don't care if nobody wants to do the job. its that too many in this country would rather suckle the government teet then earn their own money. its an absolute embarrassment.

17. The Waterboy

The meatpacking plant was breaking the law as were the 400 illegal immigrants working there. Great, they paid rent, they were probably also obtaining government assistance. The meatpacking plant reopened and I am sure the legal residents of the town have an easier time getting a job there now that they are not vying with illegal immigrants for that same job.

Silly question, when Clinton deports illegals it is fine, when Obama, the Deporter in Chief, deports illegals it is fine, Trump wants to deport illegals, it's "insane", why?
    And every President uses taxpayer money to do this so not sure why you mentioned Trump would be doing the same.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My father and uncles used to pick strawberries for 85 cents an hour. Amazing American citizens were willing to do the job, isn't it?

FJF likes this.
  19. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

It's not Obama, it's a Republican congress that does it, and if Obama was doing what you want why didn't you vote
    for Hillary?

Ron

20. The Waterboy

The 111th Congress had a Dem. majority for the first 2 years of Obama's Presidency, guess Obama and the Dem. majority could have changed policy but chose not to. In 2009 was when the ICE detention bed quota was initiated, one of the policies that helped increase the deportations considerably.

One policy also does not determine my reasoning for voting for President besides the fact that Clinton campaigned on wanting to let just about any illegal stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.