The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If 56 people vote on something and the results are 53-3 that's certainly fair. So if 3,000 Californians vote for Candidate A and 1,000 Wyomingpeople vote for Candidate B, it's ridiculous that they have the same voting power. The majority should not be held hostage by the minority just because the minority is pissed they don't get their way. Let's screw over metropolitan areas with millions of people because some town of 1,000 people in the middle of nowhere is jealous they can't tell millions what to do! It makes no sense. We should be represented based on how the country votes. If 48% vote for Party A, 42% vote for Party B, 8% vote for Party C, and 2% vote for Party D, Congress should directly reflect that. Instead, the electoral system means we end up with 55% Party A and 45% Party B. It's stupidly simple. Canada does it right. Most of Europe does it right. America has just gotten to the point where it's rigged to contain all power to two parties.

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Yeah no. Nobody cares lol but nice try.

*wouldnt expect less from a republican senator

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Official correspondence from the office of the President this morning:

"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Isn't this the guy who said he wouldn't telegraph what moves he'd make?

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you eliminate the Electoral College you get government of the people, by the people and for the people rather than of the states by the states and for the states with the current system of political hacks. A single vote in Idaho should be worth exactly the same as a single vote in New York.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm sure he did. You have to be shifty sometimes in order to succeed, and boy did he ever; but at this point I think he's a ginormous sack of rotting garbage. The thing that upsets me the most is that if you don't/have never belonged to FB, but people in your phone have/do, they still trace back to YOU; and because whoever in your phone has given FB 'permission', they're spying on YOUR ass. I'm talking texts and recording voice conversations. It's detestable. How in the FUKK did I 'agree' to that?! Even if you don't belong to FB and visit a website that has the FB icon on it, or it says, 'Like us on FB', you're tagged. That's how pernicious, pervasive, and deep it is.

One problem is that the people asking him the questions are as about as IT savvy as I am (I'm an idiot), and he has lawyers in a war room that will get him off on technical verbiage alone. You can't get away no matter what you do or don't do. And I changed my mind that he'll probably get a 2 million dollar fine and that's it. He won't get anything. Yeah, he does philanthropic things; but what I really think? I think he's a sociopath, ironically enough, and I'll later explain why. I'd be far happier reading books in a cave with a flashlight at this point just to be left alone. I just can't understand why people are so unconcerned about how important this FB monster is. People are being targeted and controlled by unseen forces with or without their 'consent'. And no, that's not paranoia. How many people have actually read through 25 pages of their mumbo jumbo 'Privacy Policy' before declining or accepting? It doesn't even matter, because the second you even try to create an account - even if you decide to back out - they already got you. Just because you were there.

Another problem, the HIPAA thing. So yeah, the guy donates $75 mil to The Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. Nice, right? Wrong. He had his goons solicit Doctors for your health information. Why? To invade your life and target you more. He'll also get away with THAT because according to him, all of the information requested was non-identifying. BULLSHIT, the algorithms that FB uses are so precise, they will be able to link people directly to their conditions, what meds they're on, their demographic, race, age, you name it, it can very easily be done; BUT he'll get away with that, too, it because technically, no names were supplied/redacted - BUT IT WILL LEAD FB TO YOUR NAME. According to him, he isn't selling your info, he is just giving your info to companies for ads to make your 'experience' better. OK. He's fukking selling it, it's just how it's worded, and he'll walk.

The third problem, how exactly do you police the internet on privacy? What exactly is considered privacy, and should that be policed, and to what extent? Will companies ever be truthful about what they're doing with your info? NO. We all know about the NSA, but as far as the FB issue goes, if the gov't is policing privacy issues, you're still being spied on. It's lose/lose. I was looking at flannel shirts on Duluth Trading Co. last week. Did I sign up? No, just perusing. Two days later, catalog in the mail. It's sick.

Problem #4: It's just too vast and large. I'll give you an example. I kept getting this email that I had to update my paypal account. I created one over 15 years ago and used it to buy my dog flea/tick meds. Never used paypal again. Tried to cancel it several times, because something about paypal creeped me out. Wouldn't go through. Now that is a LONG dead credit card. Two weeks ago, got the same email, and finally decided to call - after searching online for a customer svc number. I got some guy in the Philippines, huge language barrier, explained that I didn't give a shit about ebay or paypal, I want to close my account. He tells me it's done, and I request a verification email (which I actually did receive two days later). I then ventured to say, "Can you please delete my information as well?" "No, I cannot do that." "What do you mean? I just closed the account!" "The information will eventually go away." "What? Eventually? When?" "I cannot say. Probably seven years, maybe more." Furious. In other words, never.

#5366 jetophile, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  7. jetophile

I wish someone would start the New York Jets Party! We'll have an agenda, alright. Set The New Dump on fire - and then party!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad::mad::mad:

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. jetophile

Agreed on Kaspersky, I used to say the same thing. FB doesn't care about security, it was tongue in cheek. All they care about is breaching your fukking life. I don't know what any of that techno jargon means, but Zuckerberg should be in prison. Nope. Everyone used to see Bill Gates as a monopolistic POS villain, and know he's seen as Mr. Altruistic Good Guy Philanthropist Best Dude Wonderful Human Being in the World! He's a bit of both, a little bit more the former than the latter; but at this point, I'd side with Bill Gates over Zuckerberg without blinking. Any day of the week. Zuckerberg is a scumbag, and he's pushing the legal limits because the legal limits are very thin. He will get away with all of it, for reasons stated in a huge post that no-one will be interested or bored enough to read.

9. BrowningNagle

Paul ryan sees the writing on the wall, quits

10. BrowningNagle

seems like a pretty simple solution to this horrible crisis- don't use facebook.

I don't get it myself. why is this a big deal, it's a choice to use the platform in the first place

Ralebird and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  11. jetophile

Because maybe you should learn how to read! Especially back reading - if you can read at all! Which one of these things is not like the other! Kids today!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

the fruit of adultery is bitter today....

keep nipping skippy

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My thoughts exactly. It's also rich that the government who spies on it's own citizens is grilling a private company over selling the data it's users agreed it owned. What in the actual fuck is going on here?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I doubt he even wanted to be Speaker in the first place. Not sure anyone can unite a party with conflicting factions. Seems like a decent guy though.

15. jetophile

This again! How many times do I have to say learn how to read! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO READ? Do you have a Library card? I doubt it, but I pay for that! You're giving me a headache! The attention span on this subject is like a kid who won't leave his Mom alone while she's making a phone call just because he wants to get juiced up on Pixi Stix and then torture her some more!

Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why does Joe have two accounts?

17. jetophile

No! I smelled that from a mile away! I knew it was coming! But I bet he belongs to Facebook! Be a rebel! I don't even know what a Facebook wall is! Is that where they shove you blindfolded, tell you to turn around, and execute your life?

Signed,

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon... who believed that? EVERYTHING this insecure meathead does screams for attention.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

20. jetophile

I wish Raiders fans had the same fashion sense!

Signed,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.