The 6th pick can't be a receiver because...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by fansince90, Mar 26, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

CuMar was NEVER a homerun hitter. He was a singles and doubles hitter. Period. He NEVER had the speed to go all the way from anywhere on the field.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  2. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Here we go again. Another guy that hasn't even seen Hack play saying we have no QB. How about drafting some offensive weapons to help along a QB that we have on the roster. There is zero basis for saying Hack can't do it yet. Zippo.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

true....but at this point most fans are looking at the QB spot at being 1/2 empty, all the time. Moses could line up under center and we would still see it as half empty.

I envision a cowboy like parallel where we draft a guy as a bit of an afterthought who emerges as the anointed one.

I don't think we have him yet.

fansince90 likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

WR before QB is not a bad idea. WR's have a longer development time than most positions.

TE's have a shorter development time.

So ideally you go WR, QB, TE in successive drafts.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

WR at 6 would be insane. The Jets have too many holes. WR is a stronger position on the roster.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I saw a mock draft from Kiper that had us taking OJ Howard. The guy is the whole package, but that is really freaking high to take a TE.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That depends on how - IF - he'll be used. He could be a godsend, between receiving and blocking he improves the passing game, pass protection, and running game.

Of course, first someone has to educate Bowles on the existence and purpose of a TE.:rolleyes:

Leicester Jet and boozer32 like this.
  8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Kyle Brady says "Howdy!"

boozer32 likes this.
  9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Howard would be a much better pick than Brady was at the time.

10. JetSetter47

JetSetter47 New Member

There's a good chance that OJ Howard turns out to be the best receiver in the draft, it just so happens he's 6'6" and can in-line block.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but I watch Penn State quite a bit (My sister went there). I really think Hack Sucks. I'm sorry. I have been down on the pick from the moment we made it. I just don't think he is any good. I hope I am wrong.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And ran a 4.51 @ 250lbs. those types of freaks don't come around every year.

Br4d and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So you saw some random people guessing the draft. And based on those guesses you made conclusion that Jets won't pick an offensive player.

Bullet proof logic.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You got me around on your side with OJ, I want him.
    Of course it means Jets won't get him :(

FJF likes this.
  15. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

I hate to say it....Our beloved Jets are going to draft J Allen Bama DL. Makes me sick.....

boozer32 likes this.
  16. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I totally agree!
    Given our current QB debacle, a slick RB would help whoever is under center this year more than 2 WR's. Forte is over the hill, Powell isn't an every down back (but he was the best we had the last couple years), so if you get the chance to take a stud RB, don't hesitate.
    Look what Elliot and that Line did for Prescott. An inexperienced QB must have a good running game or they are doomed unless their last name is Marino.

fansince90 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. tbruner12

Zero basis? How bout he needed a redshirt year in the Pros? He was placed behind a clipboard, isn't that considered remedial QBing? If he was able to play at a level higher than Fitz, Geno, or Petty, do you think the staff would have redshirted him? The "Plan" wasn't to let the team blunder all season so Hack could get his time to be comfortable before playing him. He wasn't active because he wasn't worthy. He sucks, yet the staff thinks time off will revitalize him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. tbruner12

I agree with you totally.
    I watched him play games at Penn St., and each one I saw he stunk it up. The game at Temple totally exposed him, and should have proved to all his fan boys that he was no where near an NFL QB.
    Sure it was a pro style defense he played against, but it was college players. He was totally confused all game, and didn't change anything at the line to help himself or the team.
    After he was picked all the pundits said, he has the body, the brain, the abilities. He proved he doesn't have the brain, and his abilities needed a whole year to work on. He has the right size, and a good arm, but can't hit the broad side of a barn. He isn't mobile in or out of the pocket, by NFL standards for sure. Contact in a game gives him happy feet. He isn't the future, but I wish he was. We will not win a Super Bowl until we have a good QB. We blew a 2nd rounder and aren't any closer.

fansince90 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

True. Then we can complete our 4-3 including 4 3techniques across the front four.

20. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Did you not watch that film room video on Hack that's been posted a million times?

One of the first things mentioned is what a chess match it was between Hack and the Temple D, constantly trying to adjust to counter the other. I'm not saying Hack is the answer either, but the bolded is just untrue.

fansince90 and NCJetsfan like this.