Tedy Bruschi rips Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Sep 16, 2010.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...ez_tanks_sSNc9WltKBQCkIK5xD29GK#ixzz0ziWC03QR

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Rename the title to "Tedy Bruschi is Absolutely Right About Sanchez".

3. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

You know what Teddy's favorite band is?

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ouch.

But I am afraid I agree.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Everyone's been ripping on Sanchez as of late, Joe Namath, 85 and T.O., Bruschi, etc

And you can't disagree with them because they are right

He's calling him out, and pretty much he's calling him a pussy and won't step up in critical situations so yeah he's getting ripped

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You can agree he is 23 or 24 years old. Very young and inexperienced. Not to make excuses for a guy who is making $10 million a year and playing like this, but he is pretty young.

At the moment though, Teddy is right. (and surprisingly a good analyst)

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I happen to think Tedy is what one of the best analysts on espn and unfortunately he's not really wrong on Mark.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Bruschi has been more than fair with his comments to date, I have no problem with him saying this.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think we need to give it more then 16 starts in the NFL before we can decide if Bruschi is right, in December we are having the same issues with Sanchez then yes there is serious reason for concern.

I'm not defending him or ripping Bruschi in anyway but with a new starting RB and missing one of his best weapons as well as going against a Top 5 defense things looked bleak. We'll see what happens when he goes against the average to above average defenses like Miami and New England.

I happen to be a big fan of Bruschi's opinions because he doesn't seem to fall in line with the ESPN Company line. He seems to have free reign and he seems to have a clue what he is talking about.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Hey its not about the money. He works very hard. Its his money. He had a bad game but so did pretty much everybody else on that offense who is not named Ladanian. Ripping Sanchez is really premature imho. This is a young QB who helped take his team to the AFCCG last season as a rookie. How many other rookie QBs have done that?

He is still learning and developing. Its frusterating at times, but this is all part of the deal when you draft a QB and have him immediately starting in the NFL. It takes time to become a good NFL QB. Its not simple or easy. Especially when his receivers are dropping passes, not running the right routes and are committing stupid penalties.

Have some faith guys.

12. 624

624 Banned

This isn't "ripping him" at all, as much as I hated him as a player he is a good analyst and is surprisingly almost always pro-Jets.

13. The Dark Knight

TIME OUT!
    [​IMG]

Sanchez Ain worryed bout no sofmo slump!

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Yup. He's right.

Sanchez needs to man up this week, go through his damn reads, and hit whoever is open. Quit worrying about the pressure, just note the clock in your head, and get it out in a timely fashion.

And the CS needs to give him an opportunity to do this. 20+ passes, minimum.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Not including the plays called back, Sanchez threw it 21 times Monday Night.

16. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

He gets visually down and rocks the emo look, I am hoping they change that because he is bringing down the team

17. The Dark Knight

Its true. He looked down when he was stretching in warmups. I was like:"I hope this isn't a sign for how he will play tonight!" but I think it was. :lol: :sad:

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

This is also very fair.

Sanchez didn't throw any picks, fumble, or commit any penalties. If guys caught balls, found the 1st down marker, didn't fumble, and didn't commit dumb penalties he would have had 200 yards and probably a TD with no turnovers. We would have walked out with a 19-10 win and we'd be praising him. If just one of those mistakes aren't made we'd have won 12-10.

I have no problem with Teddy's comments, but this loss in not on Sanchez, and he really didn't play THAT bad.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

ok so here come all the Sanchez haters out of the woodwork. The pitiful performance on Monday was on Schottenheimer first, Sanchez wasn't given an aggressive game plan where he could get into a rhythm and set a pace to keep the drive going. He could have played better, but he wasn't given much to work with. Just remember the guy that showed up in the AFC championship game, that's the Mark Sanchez you can look forward to. Just let the damn guy play some football. If you play to not give him any opportunity to screw up, he won't have any opportunity to score either!!

20. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

may be pointless to bring this up now, but the fire and the emotions of Chad Pennington and Mark Sanchez are light years apart. Sanchez easily gets down on himself and loses all of that confident look whereas Chad was so upbeat and confident, maybe more than he should have.

I still remember chad coming out of the gates in his first game as a starter and start banging all the linemans' helmets with his and chest bumping them all. At the time, I was thinking, "Woah, Calm down white chocolate!"

Now, I want that kinda fire in Mark Sanchez. Kid's still young so I think he'll be fine as he matures more.