Tank is back On!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 22, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I encourage you to actually watch the games this year and develop your own opinion. Jackson displays the ability to play in the pocket. He has the worst supporting cast out of the other QBs in this class. My #1 thing with Jackson was winning from the pocket and he has displayed that this year. It's a shame he doesn't have a good cast around him.

Barkley is scary good, look at the Zeke impact. The running game is back in the NFL. I would like to get the line fixed for sure along with getting some more play-makers.

If Mac trades up for Rosen, hopefully he gets a good deal out of it.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

If you're hoping the Jets tank and take Jackson or Mayfield you might as well root for the Jets to win because those guys aren't projected to go until the end of the first round anyway. lol

Jets69 likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

2 more wins can come from anywhere on the schedule as it is filled with mediocre teams. If there is one thing this Jets team has proven this year its that they will play hard and some weeks that will be enough, especially when a team doesn’t match that intensity like what happened during the first Phins game as well as the Jax game.

Wouldn’t shock me if they play both halves of the season at 3-5 and finish with 6 wins.

4. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

fuckity, fuck, fuck.

5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

well, I WANTED to say in the 2nd round....but we know how well the Jets do in the 2nd round :confused:

MJK likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Having Barkley and a "2nd tier QB" would make a great offense almost immediately. Barkley gives a lot of breathing room to whoever the QB is. Powell is okay, but no one fears him and focuses their defense to stop him, so they can cover the QB and the RB with no problem.

As I said, I much prefer a true FQB with their 1st pick, but if they can't get one, Barkley is the best option IMO.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

As much as the Jets seemingly need to draft a QB, I couldn't get behind taking either Jackson or Mayfield at the Jets' pick in the 1st round.

If Rosen and Darnold are gone or back in school, then I think I'd rather the Jets take either a LT, Barkley, a stud pass rusher, or a stud #1 WR prospect with the #1 pick, then maybe take Mayfield in the 2nd if he's there, or Allen in the 3rd round.

Jets69 and MJK like this.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

They should give him some time in real games to see what they got before they draft someone else. Just my two cents.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It's ironic how upset people are that we are NOT as bad as the Browns, Giants and 49ers...

Yet if we were actually as bad as those teams, the vitriol would be even worse.
    Typical..

TonyFtLaud, Walt White and FJF like this.
  10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I'm not on the tank train. We are not a tanking team. We had a shot two weeks in a row to beat formidable division rivals and poor coaching and lack of maturity have cost us those games. We could easily be 5-2 right now, but instead we are 3-4, and everyone is talking about tanking. It's bullshit. Watch what happens when we tank, I guaruntee we won't even take the right guy. All the tankers can enjoy their dismal outlook on the season but I want to win games.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree 100% because after that he would have had ample time to show one way or another what he can do. If he stinks up the joint the Jets are covered if they decide to drop him. If he wins some games the Jets can say we'll keep him around a few more years. But just having him hold a clipboard for 3 years does nothing but agitate the fans and the pundits about a wasted 2nd pick. Because McCown is not the future of this team. He is not even next years QB so play Petty and play Hackenberg because losing is not gonna be a problem from here on out.

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That would be depressing.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lol ..even if the tank doesn't materialize

tune in to MNF to see what happens when you move up the draft and grab an excellent QB for Philly

Lack of maturity? Josh M is 38 Crappy Skrine has been a vet for years..Lee no longer a rookie etc

Look if we manage to win I will frankly be pleasantly surprised

boozer32 likes this.
  14. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Tank hopefully works

#94 Laxg41, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I'm hearing regardless of his numbers Allen is still gonna be a top 10 pick..some even rate him as the best overall QB prospect..I agree though Jackson is a no but I would be ok with Mayfield in the second or third.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm still interested in Allen.
    He's a tremendous athlete with the intangibles you'd want at QB.
    I don't think he's a day 1 starter though, and I'd bring back McCown while Allen gets up to speed.

MJK likes this.
  17. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

You can also make the argument that we could have lost versus the Jaguars and also the Browns if Hugh Jackson wasn't a moron.

This team is not as good as some make it out to be and probably not as bad as some make it out to seem. They are a young team that plays hard, but their youth also makes them prone to making mistakes. They also don't have the game experience to know how to operate under certain situations. Also, Jets coaching staff is just not that great and that too plays a part in why we've lost 2 weeks in a row in really devastating fashion.

JetBlue, Jets69, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Tanking for a top 3, no chance the Browns win a game, however the Jets find news creative ways to lose the last 3 weeks

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Silver lining ...lots of sound and fury ..but signify s nothing...Lots of positives and negatives

Andersion should get game ball

Bad conditions but we goyt outplayed OUTSCORED in fourth

The trend continues

Pot of gold ...may get FQB

boozer32 likes this.
  20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Cleveland, SF, and the Colts are all definitely getting the top 3 picks..two of which needs QBs and a third who could always trade out...were kinda screwed as far as top 3 QBs go.