Tank is back On!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Jets are 7 or 8 depending on the outcome of the Monday night game.

Next week Jets play the free falling Chiefs. Hopefully the KC can figure things out and beat the Jets. That would take them to 4-8.

Games to watch next week:

49ers at Chicago. If Bears win, Jets will pass them.

Denver at Miami. Cheer for Denver. That way when they beat the Jets in two weeks, the Jets will pass them.

Houston vs Jaguars: Hopefully the Texans can win one of the next two games. They play the 49ers in two weeks, so the Jets should be able to most past them soon.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yup, trust a guy who gave you a team capable of picking in the top 5 in the draft to fix a team capable of picking top 5 in the draft?
    When the painter fucks up my house I get another painter.

101GangGreen101 and Brook! like this.
  3. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Browns remaining games: Chargers, Packers, Ravens, Bears, and Steelers
    49ers remaining games: Bears, Texans, Titans, Jags, and Rams
    Giants remaining games: Raiders, Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals, and Redskins
    Colts remaining games: Jags, Bills, Broncos, Ravens, and Texans
    Bears remaining games: 49ers, Bengals, Lions, Browns, and Vikings
    Broncos remaining games: Dolphins, Jets, Colts, Redskins, and Chiefs
    Dolphins remaining games: Broncos, Pats, Bills, Chiefs, and Bills
    Bucs remaining games: Packers, Lions, Falcons, Panthers and Saints
    Cardinals remaining games: Rams, Titans, Redskins, Giants, and Seattle
    Texans remaining games (Browns owns pick): Ravens tomorrow night, Titans, 49ers, Jags, Steelers, and Colts
    Raiders remaining games: Giants, Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, and Chargers

Games bolded will be more relevant to our draft pick standing

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Jets at #7 now, Bears have 9ers, Bengals and Browns left with Jets remaining schedule they should move above Bears who have stronger SOS. Colts have Broncos and Texans at home, maybe Jets beat KC next week but I wouldn't bank on that, I'd say 50/50 on which of the two are drafting ahead of other. Denver has Jets and KC at home plus Indy, Wash. and Miami, I'm thinking Jets move up.

I see Miami getting at least as 1 win out of Denver, KC or 2 Buffalo games and Tampa can take 1 from Green bay next week. Both have higher SOS than Jets if record is the same.

Still think #4 or 5 is where they end up.

NCJetsfan and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement. But I'm no kid...I've been a Jets fan longer than you, if you started in '68. I started in 62 when they were still the NY Titans, hence my complete lack of patience for this shit show any more.

I now live in Colorado -since '97 - after moving from NY. Originally from Philly, and an Iggles fan, so when we moved to NY I couldn't bring myself to root for the Giants, but the Jets were in a different league so no conflict. Same reason I could still root for both the Phillies and the Yankees - although the Yanks were always my favorite because of the Mick. I wish I could return to rooting for the Eagles, but it just doesn't seem right. I gave them up shortly after the merger, when I had to make a choice - dumb choice in hindsight.

Anyway, my football life would be much easier if I could bring myself to root for the Broncos like everyone around me here does (maybe not so much this year though). I have to say though I take a little pleasure out of seeing the Broncos fans suffer like I have for decades. If I finally do throw in the towel in the Jets, I don't know if I'll root for another team, I'll just find other, less aggravating ways to spend my time.

6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

This is what I am thinking, either 4 or 5. Colts are playing better so the could maybe find two wins.

I'm also hoping jets finish last and not 3rd, as that means they get cleveland and denver next year as opposed to bengals and raiders or ravens and chargers.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Since the Texans already have their QB in Watson, wouldn't they be a likely trade partner, especially since Mac has connections there? IMO it might be better to hope that Houston loses out.

Question: If the Colts should beat the Jags next week, would the Jets tie or pass them?

Another question: Where do you find the strength of schedule info?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Believe that the Browns have the Texans' first round pick for the upcoming draft.

9. NCJetsfan

Thanks. Oh well, never mind! Lol

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The wheel is turning Friends..where she stops no one knows

Warms my heart so many here aboard the Tank Train

We just gotta keep losing

then Mac better morph in Casserly/Wolf and make this happen!

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

SOS can be found here:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

The Jets cannot pass the colts next week. However, it would take the colts to 4-8 leading up to their game with the Broncos in a few weeks. It would guarantee that the Jets would pass Denver or Colts after that game.

ESPN's draft projection has the Jets at 6. http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/s...eveland-browns-inch-closer-first-overall-pick

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I wonder what the odds are that the Jets would wind up with pick #6 so many times over the last 10 years or so.

13. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

The Giants just went into full tank mode by benching Eli for Geno. They will be picking up a new QB and couching staff.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can you blame them? They're 2-9 so there's really no reason to stay the course is it.. The Jets otoh, would be hanging on to a rapidly fading PO dream and staying with Eli until the end.

15. Mike Aponte

Mike Aponte New Member

What's everyone's opinion on Baker Mayfield? I feel like out of all the quarterbacks coming out this year I like him the most, has the edge I think we can use

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

grkmanga31 likes this.