Tailgating at Ralph Wilson

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by rohirrim665, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I feel you. Girls that are 20 at most sipping Corona's behind the wheel of a a huge pick up truck., all the shit Deadspin has been publishing (and you're correct they are super proud of it), the fact Roger wants a more "family friendly" game day experience and the age of the stadium all speak to this ending. I know once you cross the border back into Canada most game days they have a DUI check point waiting for you and i'm told it does very well. Don't get me wrong the people of Buffalo are friendly and this is easily the biggest and best party in town but i suspect this season it peaked as i'm sure the new owners would like to downplay their fan bases notoriety. I know for the first time ever this year i saw people get tickets for open containers while walking down the street. Someone warned me and i thought they were kidding then i saw people lined up getting tickets. They have become notorious and now people are coming just to get wasted and act like assholes. I am DDing on Sunday so i will be seeing it without beer goggles for the first time in a while. And maybe we are just getting old. I'm 30 (i know sooo old) but i have noticed in the last few years i am more and more content to sit on the sidelines of all the shenanigans and just watch.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it will be interesting for you to see it as a sober DD... we are close in age. not that long ago I'd see barely 18 year old girls pounding corona behind the wheel of pickup trucks and I would praise the lord haha now Its a safety concern of mine ha!

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Thanks! All good info I will consider. Any experience with The Hammer Lot at all? It's pretty renowned in Bills culture but I'm wondering if it is any good for visiting fans. I went on to their Facebook page and it seems cool and there are pictures of opposing fans, but I wonder if they were kind of invited by someone. Seems like a great time but I'm hesitant to aimlessly wander into any kind of exclusive tailgate, so to speak. Here's the Facebook page I found, once again seems like fun but they seem very tight knit in that lot, almost like if you aren't a regular or at least acquainted with a regular you won't be welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hammer-Lot/196232470448082

You'll find a ton of stuff on The Hammer lot if you google or youtube search. The cool thing is you can start earlier there, around 7 am! I think the stadium parking lots don't let you start til 9.. The earliest I have ever been to a tailgate was about 10 am but this isn't the meadowlands, if I'm driving 6 hours up there, might as well tailgate for 6 hours too.

4. Jets_Grinch

The real question is where are that girls parents?

5. Jets_Grinch

I would suggest just play it safe.
    1) don't be a loud jackass, this just attracts the wrong attention
    2) look for green, a larger group of jets (if not breaking rule #1) are far less likely to encounter problems
    3) Walk away, it's tough to be the bigger man sometimes but i have come to realize any one willing to go to jail because you are wearing the wrong jersey has very little to lose.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Man, there isn't enough money in this world for me to allow foreigners(Jets fan or any other fan) to park in my lawn and use my bathroom. What type of people are these?

rohirrim665 likes this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

The lawn parking and use of bathrooms has always been the most amazing and inexplicable thing. The drunken shenanigans, fights etc go without saying. But no way in hell is anyone making enough money off 8 home games to compensate having their lawn ripped up throughout the fall, especially with the amount of rain they get off the lake. And don't get me started on openly inviting strangers in to use the bathroom. That's just inviting problems.

Royal Tee, rohirrim665 and Brook! like this.
  8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Bills fans.

Royal Tee and rohirrim665 like this.
  9. Brook!

You look like a good dude. And I am drunk. I will do you a favor. I see that you got $31 vCash in your account. Go ahead and bet all of them on the Jets game now. Tomorrow morning, you will see that $500 is added to your account. Once you hit zero, the system adds $500 in your account. No reason for you to stay poor.
    Don't think it has anything to do with teams but only time I interacted with Bills fans, I was thrown out of Metlife and had to go thru Anger Management course to be allowed in Metlife again. You might have a point.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hahaha that's hilarious

11. Jets_Grinch

I bet $500 like 2 hours ago, topping it off now.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This thread is getting' crazy

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gotta say, if I were to wager on what I'd expect Bills fans to be like at their place, I'd bet "douche." I mean, of course there are plenty of very nice, almost mid-western-like folks who enjoy the company of others, and are humble Bills fans happy to host. However, I can also imagine a low-life element risk.

For years I always thought the Broncos fans were the best fans in the world - until I attended the '98 Championship game out there. Plenty of assholes all geared up to "take on" the city folk from New York. They got even more crazed after the game. I can see some of that occurring in Buffalo, perhaps more so due to the division rivalry element.

That said, it's been surprising to read Toronto_Jet's accounts. I'm sure there's some of both.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

True, I have been to away games before (Jets and Mets games) and have always done fine. I do get loud at home games to support my team, but thats different. I'm generally easy to get along with and my personality will hopefully neutralize any negativity. I do get in morbid moods sometimes but I save that for home games.

I have no problem walking away and just laughing, only thing is, I kind of want to immerse myself in the whole experience. This might be fucked up, but I'd like to meet some cool Bills fans and see how they do it up there. Of course I want to see other Jets fans too, but they have a really unique experience and I WANT it to feel like an away game. However I think the whole Hammer Lot thing might be too much like stepping on somebody else's turf. Just looking for a good time, really. I need a good party.

Thanks for everyone's help especially TorontoJet, can't stop thinking about this game, Sunday can't get here fast enough.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Back when I lived in Atlanta we had neighbors who were from Buffalo. Went out for dinner and the dude was an angry a-hole who lost his job. The family doctor we saw was also a Buffalo transplant and had a great personality . He loved watching Saber games through Dish Network

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Canucks are the nicest people Toronto . Nice info. Have some friends who live all the way out in Calgary.

17. Brook!

In case you didn't notice, you now have another $500 you can bet. Go for it.