Super Bowl LII Thread - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Mulder, it's like I designed heaven.
    I eat hot dogs and donuts all day long.
    No one here ever dies of cancer or Alzheimer's.
    And the Ramones are here, and they don't fight.
    And every night they get on stage and they play "California Sun," and I circle the mosh pit like they do on the west coast.
    There's consensual sex without blame or judgment.
    Oh, and the New England Patriots are here and they never, ever win.
    Ever.

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-x-files&episode=s11e02

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

If Foles is so bad, how do you explain his performance against the Vikings?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Hopefully Foles is the same Foles from this past weekend and the game is exciting. I'm not expecting it, however.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Because Eagles fans are assholes. I went to school near Philly for four years and lived in South Jersey for a little over four years. They are just a bunch of loud mouthed jackasses.

zace likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely torn here

My Heart screams "The Eagles are beating the the hated evil Empire"

My Head says "Brady and Amendola for a late 6 points in Fourth Qtr 3 minutes to go...Eagles fumble the kickoff..yech"

Positives : Foles riding a complete high , lotsa confidence ,more bigger game experience , throwing with the Mojo going ...Phil defense will be Brady hunting and in shut down mode...remember Jax had the Patsies on he ropes for 3 qtrs...if The Eagles are up like that Doug P and Jim Schwartz put Bill away..game planning and all..gut sez so

Negatives: Brady and Belli two HOFamers who know how to win...Amendola with hands like glue..Gronk returns??? Uh oh...

Wind up: Not betting the house here but I would modestly wager birds from Philly ...time for NE to take it on the chin..they are overdue LOL ...GO EAGLES

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I believe New England wasn't called for any penalties on offense or defense in the AFCCG

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You believe it because it’s fact.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

They must be angels :).

9. Patriot

If the Gronk is out, Philly wins the Super Bowl. The 5.5 line will drop if Gronk is out. When the line was -7 before the NFC Championship game it was a good time to bet against the Pats.

10. Patriot

"There's consensual sex without blame or judgment." and " Oh, and the New England Patriots are here and they never, ever win.
    Ever." really? You know X-Files is not reality dude.

11. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Going to bet the Patriots to cover the spread then going to the movies. Anything good out? Hostiles looks pretty good.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They were very cordial the last time the jets got blown out by them on the road in the regular season tho. But yeah they pretty much assholes.

PHILADELPHIA — On the field, the Eagles punched the Vikings in the mouth, and in the parking lot, a crazed Eagles fan allegedly did the same thing to a police horse. Again.

You read that right. For the second week in a row, a deranged Eagles fan was arrested for assaulting a four-legged officer.

Hours before kickoff, Andrew Tornetta, 19, of North Wales, Pa., allegedly scuffled with a state trooper and the horse he rode on in the Lincoln Financial Field parking lot. According to Philadelphia Police spokesman Jeff Chrusch, Tornetta was arrested around 3:15 p.m. and was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, and related charges.

A week ago, Taylor Hendricks, 22, was also arrested for slugging a police horse after he was thrown out of the Linc in the divisional round against the Falcons.

Eagles fan punches police horse after being ejected from stadium

In total, Philadelphia cops said they arrested only six people Sunday amid wild celebrations that broke out across the city as the Eagles advanced to the Super Bowl for the third time in franchise history.

Unlike the wilding that took place after the Phillies won the World Series in 2008 in which 76 hard-partying fans were locked up, only two were arrested for disorderly conduct Sunday, and two more were busted selling counterfeit tickets.

Philadelphia was bracing for chaos after the big Birds' win. The city’s “Crisco Cops” slathered streetlight posts with cooking grease Sunday morning to prevent fans from climbing them after the game, but some fans still managed to climb some of the slippery poles. In one video, shot by a fan on the street, a large crowd of delirious Eagles fans chanted “F--k that grease!” as one man climbed a lubed-up street sign. In another viral video of Philly fans gone wild, a man in an Eagles jersey was wiped out by a subway stanchion running after a train.

While the Linc was not cozy for visiting Vikings fans — some were pelted with objects walking through the raucous parking lot and others were mercilessly cursed at as they approached the stadium — the notoriously nasty Philly fans managed to stay out of jail for the most part. Good job.

A fan is taken into custody after violence erupted in Parking Lot M as Philadelphia Police and Pennsylvania State Troopers on horseback tried to disperse fans who were tailgating hours the NFC championship.IMAGE BY: ANDREW MILLS/AP

The low arrest totals were consistent with the good behavior of local football fans last year when the NFL Draft was held in Philly and there were no arrests made despite more than 100,000 people attending the festivities.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Patriot likes this.
  13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Are you really this dumb or are you trolling?

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

That sounds like easy money with a bet on the Eagles.

This game will not be in doubt in the 4th - Eagles win easily.

15. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

Would it have killed them to write "and the horse he rode in on"?

zace likes this.
  16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I like the way you think, 336. I admit to not having this confidence, but it would be so gloriously wonderful if it came true.

17. Patriot

I guess I am dumb because I was wondering why you are quoting X-Files?

I should also admit I am not an X-Files aficionado so I may be missing some obvious connection here.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The whole Patriots/Jets fan thing plus the total lack of reading comprehension leads to the obvious conclusion that you are yet another troll account.

How long did it take you to figure out that Santa Claus and the X-Files aren't real?

The Waterboy likes this.
  19. Patriot

Why are you trying to pick a fight? I asked you a simple question because I didn't get your gist.

A Troll would not have 407 messages with 123 likes in less than a year if you can read my stats. As to the Patriot/Jets fan thing its me being transparent. I could easily present myself as only a Jet fan which would be easy. But that would be dishonest.

Look hating me is not going to change the reality of the situation with the Patriots and the Jets. But if hating me makes you feel better, its a free country man, have at it. Just remember we come to this world with nothing and we leave this world with nothing. So what have we lost?

As to Santa Clause, I wish I never found out he wasn't real. Santa Clause represented hope and love which the world could use these days.

20. Patriot

If you really want to get a sense of anger management issues of Philadelphia, the TV show Parking Wars which portrays the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) versus the ticketed and towed people of Philadelphia is hilarious. Then again I never like meter maids who I believe are lowest form of life. Yet I would not suggest having these people physically attacked.