Super Bowl discussion thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking closer to 2-14 as we'll pick up another defensive end that we don't need in the 1st round, or reach to get someone who turns out to be a Dee Miliner quality corner. Probably Hack will be the starting QB, and he'll prove to be just that: A hack. We'll rank somewhere around 25th for defense, and probably 32nd for offense. Meanwhile, Brady will win his record 6th Super Bowl, and probably do so by going 16-0 and actually getting his revenge on the Giants in the Super Bowl. We'll have the #1 pick in 2018, and pass up a franchise QB to pick up yet another defensive end that we don't need...and he'll end up being a bust.

alleycat9 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

It's bad enough that they win, but why do they have to do it in some last second heroic bullshit fashion every time.

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

:/

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Patriots have now won 2 superbowls because their respective opponents (Seahawks & Falcons) could not get out of their own way. Hats off to them though because they continue to show why they're so good.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Time to admit it fellas... The Patriots might be the best team in NFL history and Brady is indeed, The GOAT. Give the Devils their due guys..

Dirtywater and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

How freeman only plays 11 runs in the whole game while he was having a very productive game.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Probably true. Especially since they're doing it in a salary cap league and it also seems like anyone that they plug into the system becomes a great player. It's all their coach and QB no matter how much people hate to admit it. If not for Eli Manning and the Giants, they'd be 7-0 in Super Bowls and have a perfect season under their belts.

Until Brady retires (or falls off--if ever) the AFC East will always go to the Pats and there will always be a chance that the Pats will win the SB especially with how weak the AFC is overall (especially now without Peyton in the AFC).

Cman68 and Dirtywater like this.
  8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Did he get hurt?

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you are dead tired. The Pats ran 93 plays and the Falcons ran 42. This was the worst coached game I have ever watched. The Falcons coaching staff, starting with Shanahan, was a complete joke in the second half.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Historic choke job by Atl

31 unanswered points is awful

When their drive stalled to get a field goal u knew it was the end for Falcons

You are leading 28 -3 and go from Penthouse to sh*thouse

SMH

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

12. djnva

djnva New Member

Oops

13. djnva

djnva New Member

COUGH

14. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I admit i was trolling with friends too when they were losing , and when they started to get back in the game i got relaxed as my friends got stressful , because deep inside i knew they would find a way to win .

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

@DDM The only post from me that matters is the first 1 I posted in this thread. Stop liking my other shit.

DDM likes this.
  16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I wasn't posting during the game. I watched with a couple of friends.

It was like Atlanta didn't know how to handle the 4th quarter with a lead.

They failed to run the play clock down and they kept passing.

Very little running in that game by either team.

I hate Lady Gaga.

The Julio Jones catch reminded me of Manningham, and the Edelman catch of Tyree. A minute after I said that, FOX cued up the Tyree replay.

Tyree and Manningham were quickly out of the league which won't be the case here.

The ads sucked and it was partially Trump's fault because it seemed like four or five of them were basically attack ads on Trump's platforms.

Patriots were -3 and the over/under was 57.5. Wow.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

biggest most tide turning play of hte game was a holding call. which shouldnt surprise anyone.

and after atl went up 14-0 i think it was completely understandable to see not 2 but 3 defensive holding calls on atl.

these things are just coincidence i am sure.

i knew it was over as soon as i saw that holding flag, game over. forget the amazing catch, they had just completed a pass to the 27 yard line that would leave them with a 44 yard field goal.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Probs to the Pats for getting up off the mat, but the Falcons coaching staff just pissed away a championship. There's no way a competent set of coaches don't bleed the clock and go up two scores when they were in FG range. It was Jet-esque.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yup it was a choke job.. But of course its easier for the world to call it the most (insert adjective)-est game EVER. And Brady is the (insert adjective)-est EVER....

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'm usually not the conspiracy theorist, but that game looked pretty rigged, almost scripted as if it was a WWE storyline. Tom Brady = stone cold steve austin and Roger Goodell is Vince Mcmahon. Maybe it's still the alcohol from yesterday talking, but seriously, you go from dominating to completely laying down for Brady and the Patriots. They were blitzing and getting constant pressure on Brady and it was working, then they suddenly stop and can't stop a nosebleed. All that premature celebrating in the first half. Dan Quinn didn't adjust, BB did. Now I can't even deny that Brady is the greatest of all time. It pains me to say that. And yeah, I'm just venting, I know it's not really rigged, but Atlanta laid down and didn't even seem to try in the 2nd half. They acted like the game was over, even the owner came down to the field only to look like a complete Jackass.