Suffer the little children.. American Style

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 14, 2018.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, good luck with that.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Thanks broski.

4. Dierking

You got it homeslice

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not sure about the hands-free/texting while driving laws in other states but Connecticut takes this seriously as an issue and has been adapting to the problem for close to a decade now.

https://www.dmv.com/ct/connecticut/distracted-driving-laws

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's crazy. You know what else has been illegal for a long time? Shooting people.

Imagesrdecieving and FJF like this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There's a good chance the constitution is never ratified without the 2nd amendment. California, a hyper liberal anti-gun state, seems like they're getting closer and closer to a position to want to use it.

8. Dierking

What’s California closer to using now?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

California is very much at odds with the federal government, wouldn't you say?

10. Dierking

Meh, I’m not to sure about that. I don’t know the stats, but given the number of military bases out there, I’d think a pretty large proportion of Californians are connected at the hip to the federal government. Much more so than some redneck heaven like say Montana.

You think California is actually close to armed insurrection against federal tyranny? That’s dotard-worthy thinking.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't expect to see any shots fired any time soon, but they are very much at odds with the feds. If relations continue to degrade I could see conflict. That doesn't mean I expect it.

I point it out more as an example of why they included the 2A to begin with. The people in the local governments can organize and stand up for themselves.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Whatever happened to live free or die? Only Dierking would get the sarcasm and ditto the irony.

13. Dierking

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the safety of a free State” equals “A motley band of squirrel eating nitwits, being necessary to preserve the spirit of resistance against federal tyranny?”

It’s almost as if the constitution is this living, breathing thing you can interpret any way you like.

14. Br4d

The Constitution was ratified by the thirteenth state in 1788.

The Second Amendment was added in 1791 as part of the incorporation of the Bill of Rights, after being debated and passed by a two-thirds margin in the House and Senate, as required by the Constitution, and then ratified by three fourths of the states as further required.

This is the problem with the political debates of our time. We've gotten to the point that everybody wants their own facts instead of their own opinions.

This makes the political arguments of the day into two echo chambers, frequently full of false arguments, blaring at each other and deafening the rest of us in the process.

And I know you probably just didn't know that the Second Amendment was added after the Constitution was ratified, but how did you form that opinion? Somebody likely told you it was true and because you agreed with them politically on other stuff you took their word for it.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  15. Dierking

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Several states only agreed to ratify on the condition that the bill of rights would be added.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

18. Br4d

No, they only agreed to ratify on the condition that the bill of rights would be proposed and sent to the states for ratification if it passed the Congress.

There was no out clause in the Constitution, as the Confederacy discovered 72 years later. If any of the amendments had not passed, as the initial 1st and 2nd failed to do, they were still in the US.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massachusetts_Compromise

The Federalists agreed to support the bill of rights to get the support they needed from the anti-federalists and in turn get the Constitution ratified. I guess they could have gone back on that but it likely would have ended very badly.