Studs and Duds: week 13 vs TENN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 3, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

1st half defense - pick 6 and held Tenn to 1 TD

Luvu - had a really nice game getting pressure. had a sack a TFL and drew a couple of holding penalties

KPL - had a blocked punt and the hussle to jump on the ball after

Special teams - myers was 5/5 including another 50+ yarder to extend his NFL record of most 50+ Fgs made in a season, roberts had a huge KR to give us good field position, lach was up and down but really bommed a couple late in the game, KPL had a blocked punt and we had a blocked XP. really couldn't have asked for more on the special teams side

Myers - 5/5 with another 50+ yarder to extend his NFL record. He should make the probowl this year. he's number 2 in FGs made and number 1 in 50+ yarders made and overall 93% on the season and has attempted the most 50+ yarders in the NFL which makes that number more impressive

Trumaine - had a great game and a pick 6 so finally looks to be settling into out defense

Adams - 11 tackes (10 solo) a FF, and a sack and was again mr everything. stats don't do justice to what he does for out defense

Run Blocking - we had a solid run game thanks to the holes being opened up. 32 carries for 153 yards for a 4.78 average

Crowell - 21 for 98 yards and a 4.7 average

Duds

2nd half defense - allowed 2 TDs and 2 Fgs to blow the lead

Offense - was awful overall. despite the great field position all game long we had to settle for 5 Fgs and 0 TDs on offense. especially in the 2nd half we had 5 punts from 5 drives of 4 plays or less. only 1 drive in the 2nd half was longer then 3 minutes. that's awful and just fucking over the defense that looked like it wore down

Bowles - called a good game on defense in the 1st half but it all went to shit. also the lack of aggression from a team with nothing to lose continues to disappoint. run 3 times then punt it back so we can lose in the final minute. didn't take any chance to get the 1st down and let the offense win the game. just an overall poor job again

Bates - like bowles has been a constant dud over the last 4-5 weeks. terrible playcalling in a game where we had the run established but he couldn't do anything in the pas game. the play calls were awful lumping in 2-3 WRs in the same vicinity over and over. even with mccown which shouldn't limit the playbook bates wasn't calling an NFL offense

Dumb penalties - too many big plays negated by bad penalties. we need to be more disciplined

Kearse - again completely invisible in the game.

Other notes

on a positive side mike mcarthy was fired from greenbay. he could be a good replacement here when we fire the staff in the offseason. he's a coach with a winning record who has a SB win and is an offensive minded coach and lasted 13 years in GB. would be a great fit here.

also this will be my last one for the season. especially after this game this forum is just too pissed and emotional right now for any good discussion to be had. i'll come back in the offseason after things chill for a bit and the sting of this season dies down and people can be more calm and rational in regards to fixing the jets going forward.

one more positive for me, since baker had a nathan peterman like performance all the people biased in love with a non jets QB for some reason won't have any BS to say so I didn't log in to 100 posts about how great he was. and allen and jackson both outplayed him as well this week. even rosen beat the packers with a shitty team albeit didn't play that great either but didn't kill his team the way baker did. he did just enough to win without the big mistake.

one more positive for the jets, The giants and cards both won helping us land a higher pic. as it stands now the raiders and niners have the 1 and 2 picks and the jets are tied with the cards for the 3rd and 4th picks and will probably be 4th with the tie breaker. we should land a top 5 pick again in the draft which would help out a lot

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Studs: Jason Myers
    Duds: Everyone else
    The End.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'll allow this.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Lmfao. Takes 13 weeks to settle into a defense. BUM.

94Abraham and Jets69 like this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Trumaine had the pick six. He also got beat on several long passes and drew key penalties, all of which led directly to points. He was no stud after the first quarter. Our needlessly conservative play calling (plus McCowns overly conservative passing choices), and terrible penalties kept us from scoring more points. We didn't play to win we played not to lose - and we lost. What a joke.

Skicats, ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I was just about to say he was hot garbage in the second half. Tru's contract is going to be a problem for this team moving forward because he is not living up to it at all.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dud mccown. Had the game won if he just would have dove for the first instead he runs sideways and puts himself in an impossible 3rd down.
    By impossible I mean 3rd and 6 which is about 5 yards to long for mccown to complete a pass

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't think we have a 6 yard pass play in our playbook. 3rd and 6? No problem, let's crack out our 5 yard button hooks!

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure he is better than Skrine at this point. At least Skrine is a good tackler.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No he wouldn't. He couldn't get the best out of Rodgers in the last 3 years with his outdated offense. I want him no-where near Darnold.

jetfan59 and Harpua like this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The scary thing to me was he looked really slow. Once a CB loses his speed its over and he may be over.

ouchy likes this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Best QB in football and team playing like shit .. he's perfect for the next Jets coach :confused:

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure anyone better would consider working for Woody. Our problem is no head coach with experience wants to work for him. McCarthy has won a SB and been the playoffs a lot. With our luck there will be a day when we rue that we didn't get him. What hot mess rookie coach is in store for us next?

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Disagree. You can't expect a defense to continually keep a team at bay all game when the offense is doing absolutely nothing. Yes, there were some penalties that hurt down the stretch, but they were probably due to exhaustion.

Among the Duds should be McCown. Could not come up with a big play for the entire game. Okay, it's McCown, but if you're playing, you still have to perform.

PJ4Ever and CotcheryFan like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

please dont make me cry

ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Sorry I'll try not to spread my complete lack of faith to the masses, the Staff is doing it for me anyway.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

nah please continue, even grown men cry sometimes :( don't mind me ... the coaches pool doesn't look great right now.

18. 101GangGreen101

BTW Darron Lee should be in the STUDS category ... he was great yesterday

TonyFtLaud and K'OB like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Calls out forum for being emotional.

Takes shot at Baker which has nothing to do with this thread.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TonyFtLaud, 94Abraham and CotcheryFan like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I just find it really hard to even consider using the term "stud" in this team. Sure, there are players who are playing hard so I get it, but a stud on this team isn't something I'd frame and put on my wall.