Spencer Long

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Oct 21, 2018.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You're not serious--Mike MacCagnan DRAFT an offensive lineman????

mrjet80 likes this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Revis Fitzpatrick and Wilkerson deals worked out great for Mac

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Stop it.. you're making me cry...

tomdeb likes this.
  4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Forget the highlight reel. Watch the " every throw and rush videos. You will see Long consistently getting blown back 4-5 yards behind the line.
    Especially vs Jax.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

He's by far the worst center ive ever seen play consistently. Worse than Wesley Johnson.

It's not just the snaps. He constantly gets pushed back, and I've also seen highlights of him looking/moving in the wrong direction while defenders go by him untouched.

It's very possible the snaps make everything appear worse than it really is.

Theres no way he was this bad in Washington.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yep.....not only that I think he'll be drafting TWO of them ( if he doesn't find any quality ones - as in big ticket signings not depth signings - in FA ).........Mac has shown a tendency to double dip at positions of need. And it's no secret the OL is a need. Mac is now at the point where he can no longer hold the line together with band aids- he has his prized franchise QB running for his life and contracts ending on top of that. Carpenter wont be back. Beechum is OK but LT IMO needs a nice fresh start ( as in high draft pick ) . Long may be OK as a guard ( back up center ) but his contract can be voided after the season if Mac chooses....so too many variables at play and frankly no excuses this off season for Mac not to seriously address......OL and EDGE will be getting the facelift this off season.....

7. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He's been our worst olineman behind Carpenter.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Nah... he's just that bad..lol

twown likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Which thread was it where guys were defending the O LINE and telling people like me how good it and especially how good Long would be ? Please post the link or tell me where I can find that thread as it NEEDS to be bumped at this time ! Do any of you authorities out there that knew so much 2 months ago care to elaborate on the play of Long ,Beacham ,Winters and company last week or this year ?

tomdeb likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Snaps have been bad, also Darnold being mobile and able to navigate in the pocket helps. Line I think is better this year then last, but that's going from extremely horrible to below average, to being average on their best day (Broncos game, shutdown Von Miller).

twown and FJF like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Jeeezus.... DeShaun Watson's gonna be crippled

101GangGreen101 and CBG like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If Darnold was not mobile he might be in a hospital right now,,,,not only have the snaps from Long been terrible but what about Winters and Beachum ?

stinkyB likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

He's playing with bruised or broken ribs and there was a report 2 weeks ago that his lung collapsed

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah, I saw that .... he took the BUS to JAX because he was afraid to fly due to cabin pressure (but not afraid to get pummelled by LBs o_O)

I guess they didnt learn from the David Carr mess

15. 101GangGreen101

Its been game by game, they were good against the Broncos and Colts. Didn't hear much from them then. The line does need work and I am not disputing that. Its just not as bad as a lot of other teams.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Bad is Bad,,,,,,even the SNY postgame is on them. Be glad Darnold is mobile but if this keeps up he won't be for much longer. The line play is SUPPOSED to get better and consistent as the year goes on NOT WORSE.

17. 101GangGreen101

Long is banged up. Darnold is mobile but as you can see the most often hit QB is also mobile. The line as I indicated has issues, but they aren't a bunch of turnstiles.

They definitely need some new talent on the line.

NoodleArm and CBG like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

101 ,,,,I don't remember who all the guys were but there were a few guys posting on here about how GOOD THIS LINE would be . One guy even broke down each player individually saying how good each was and their history,,,if someone can find that post please share it here I will look for it again myself. The center and our line are just one of our many issues right now. Long might be banged up but so many of of us on this board screamed about the lack talent and depth and we have not even had injuries on the line or we would have even bigger issues.

19. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I wouldn't keep a single starter from this year's O-line. I'd start next year with a blank slate and fill out every position with draft picks and free agent signings.

20. 101GangGreen101

I'll be on the lookout for it too. I know I absolutely HATED Wesley Johnson last year, and couldn't stand seeing Dozier or whoever it was starting last year for the Jets when Winters went down. I do agree, the depth is horrible as well, that's the absolute truth. Hopefully the play doesn't get worse for the Jets on the line, to a point where Darnold can't even drop-back without getting hit. Mac and company have a lot of work to do this off-season.

CBG likes this.