Spartacus Blood and Sand

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Potato Fro, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

This show just keeps getting better and better. Episode 10 was fantastic. I still reccomend that show to anyone who hasn't seen it, or didn't get hooked the first couple of episodes.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I hate Ilithyia more and more with every episode.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you don't hate them titties though.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Of course I'd let her 'bathe me' any day, but I still hate her.

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Revelations... awesome episode, best of the season by far.

I can't believe this upcoming Friday is the season finale. I'm upset and pumped up at the same time.

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Wow!!! THAT'S HOW YOU END A SEASON!!!!

I can't remember being this satisfied with an ending

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Amen............ Wow did they live up to the episode title or what?

8. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

Kill Them!!!! Kill Them All!!!!!

The jump off of Crixus's shield was pretty much the most badass thing i've ever seen. Ever.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

And to think I was banking on that to be a dream from the moment I saw it happen, but thankfully it wasn't. Crixcus screaming "Kill them all! Kill them all!" made me do a Jeter-like fist pump.

Such a kick ass season finale. I had so many ideas for how Season 2 could pan out, but after everything that happened in the season finale, a lot of those ideas are out the window, and hey, that's fine with me.

I suggest to anyone who watched the first episode and gave up on it to watch the entire season. You will not be disappointed.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Thats the thing, the first 3 episodes looking back, sucked. It was like after episode 3 they got new writers and the show just got better and better as the season progressed. I have to say, I looked forward to watching it on demand every Friday/Saturday morning after I got home. It sucks that the star has cancer. They were supposed to be filming as I type this. I have heard they may do a Crixius back story.

11. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Really good ending to season 1. Although I'm surprised that they escaped already. I really thought that he would be fighting as a gladiator next season also. I'm very curious as to where the show is going to go from here.

Next season must be them gathering more slaves and building their slave army and then going to Mount Vesuvius and becoming such a threat that Crassus is dispatched to deal with them. I honestly can't see how they can stretch this out more than 2 seasons. Also, what side stories are they going to have? I'm a little concerned about next season TBH. The one good thing about Spartacus is that is no one knows if he lived or died so I guess that can go on with the show after his army is routed. Maybe he gets captured and sold back into slavery to fight in the arena once more. I hope the next season is a good as the first. I really enjoy shows that are based around Ancient Rome.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

At least Season 2 is just on a delay because of the cancer, and not canceled. I too heard of a possible prequel is in the works.

13. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

I would love if they did a prequel while the actor that plays Spartacus recovers. I really like the cast this year. Who knows how long its going to take for Spartacus to recover and bulk back up.

#53 l3ol3o, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Excellent season ending. In football terms, Crixius yelling "Kill them all" should be played when the Jets run out onto the field opening night in the new stadium.

15. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Well It looks like the guy who plays Spartacus (Andy Whitfield) is cancer free and Season 2 is starting in January with a 6 episode prequel about the House of Batiatus. I'm very happy that almost all of the old cast is going to be back, especially since so many of them are killed before season 1 ended. I'm curious to see who will be cast as the new top gladiator.

'Spartacus: Blood and Sand': Season 2 begins in January as a prequel series

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-2-begins-in-january-as-a-prequel-series.html

Fans of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" will be happy to hear that star Andy Whitfield, who has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma, will return to Starz in January. "Spartacus" will return in a prequel series, starring John Hannah and Lucy Lawless, the Chicago Tribune's Watcher blog reports.

Contrary to rumors, the role of Spartacus will not be re-cast.

According to Starz, Whitfield is "responding well" to treatment and will appear as Spartacus in 2 out of 6 planned episodes. The prequel series will focus on the rise of the House of Batiatus, the gladiator academy, and will revolve around the relationship between Lawless' and Hannah's characters, Lucretia and Batiatus.

"The prequel story maintains the excitement and entertainment value of the first season of 'Spartacus,' giving audiences the engaging experience they've come to expect," Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement released Tuesday, May 11.

"Fortunately, Andy is responding to his treatments, and will be able to be part of this prequel in a limited capacity."
    When Whitfield is able to get back to work on a more regular basis, the "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" story will continue where it left off. In the meantime, Starz is casting a new character, who preceded Spartacus and Crixus as the top gladiator at the House of Batiatus.

Aside from Hannah, Lawless, and Whitfield, fans can expect to see more familiar faces among the prequel's cast members. Returning favorites include Peter Mensah (Doctore), Manu Bennett (Crixus), Antonio Te Maioha
 (Barca), Nick E. Tarabay (Ashur), Lesley-Ann Brandt 
(Naevia). Production will begin this summer in New Zealand.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

first Party Down and then Spartacus. Starz is kicking ass

i cant believe i havent posted here yet, Im a huge fan of the series. was one of the better period themed shows IMO. wouldve thought theyd stretch season 2 and milk more of the drama and sidestories while Crixus regained clout and Spartacus battled his identity crisis.

we'll see. glad to hear we'll have something to pacify us with the prequel season while Whitfield recovers.

cant wait hope he recovers well.

17. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

just watched the entire two seasons. Show is soo awesome. I love how they randomly throw the word cock into their sentences.

I heard Ganicus is coming back in the third season

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I heard they are changing the title to:

Spartacus: Tits and Ass

19. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Spartacus: Tits and Ass..... With occasional cock

Is it me or was the Prequel (season 2) alot gayer then the first season. I feel like there was random penis everywhere

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

A whole lot gayer.................