Sources say Jets talking Abraham deals at combine - ESPN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsTillDeath, Feb 27, 2006.

1. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Ugh...too many different rumors. I am getting confused. Time to just sit back and watch.

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Finally someone gets it! :beer:

4. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Yea, its def getting to be a lot, at least its exciting. I love football.

5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

somhow, after his outburst in the post about how he's over stayed his welcome and it's time to "move on" I think JAbe (AKA big Vagina) will be getting his wish.

Ellis

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I never had any doubts he would be gone after this season.

7. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

He is def a goner, but we better get sufficient value for him. If we use him to move up in the draft, i want another first day pick with it. I.E. if we use him to move up to #1 overall, the texans would just drop three picks and get D'Brick, i want a third rounder as well.

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Its too bad... I would love to have JABE and I understand his rational inregards to the deal Ellis got. But he is one demensional and Ellis, while not dominate at any 1 thing more well rounded. I just wish John understood who he is and his role...RUSHING THE PASSER is all he can do. Yet this may be just as important as holding position and stopping the run.

Good luck John, it was fun watching you play in your prime for 12 games a year. Getting game changing sacks and forcing fumbles, it was awsome. Have fun sitting in your mansion collecting your checks and never playing for a winner, because you lack what the curtis martins of the world have. If you are as good as you think (one demensional) then why dont you get paid MILLIONS and get a RING.
    Hey I make 60K a year, a friggin year dude and I shell out $$ to see you do 1 thing on the field, 1 THING. So have fun in Detroit, Texas, NO, AZ or where everelese you can be "the man" and have fun counting you $$ when you could have been sharing rings and still counting $$ with your teamates.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

When the title starts off "Sources say", it really means, "I had to write something to keep my job".

Until names and dates are posted, everything is conjecture and speculation. Will Abraham be traded; probably. The reason is 2 fold: 1, he will cost us $8.33 M next year. Yes, we would pay him and Abe would still publically say he was unhappy. 2, if he doesn't get traded, Abraham will have no problem at all, saying "In your face Eric, I am not coming to training camp this year." Mangini will not let this happen.

I am not saying the guy is not good. Abraham is very good. It is just said that a litlle of Curtis Martin did not rub off on Abraham over the years.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well this real breaking news huh?

11. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Like I said

12. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

All I Can Say Is That If This Is True, Ashley Lelie Better Be A Part Of This Trade In Addition To Some Kind Of Picks!!!!!!!!

13. Patty Mac

Patty Mac New Member

Think we could get 1 of denvers firsts and a 2nd, or is a third all we could get out of them?

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Well, we don't have a particularly good record of taking advantage of other teams in trade, lately.

15. teedee83

teedee83 New Member

Sundayjack your right, but we got a steal on that great coach we let go for the big 4th round pick.:rofl:

16. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

if the jets get anything less than a top 15-20 pick, then our FO truly is incompetent. He has proven to be an impact player his only downside his probably his health but then again, he played every game this season

17. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Abe will be a Bronco, for the Redskins first rounder. They need a pass rusher, and seem like they'd love to get one like Abe according to the quotes in that article.

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Repat after me..Bradway's gone..Bradway's gone!

I'm certain opposing GMs are sad they dont have that incompetent fool to take advantafe of any more.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Bradway doesn't have a particularly good record of taking advantage of other teams in trade, lately. :wink:

20. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member