Sooo... Who's walkin the plank??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Haven't heard anything about it. Thought they had some decisions to make pretty soon too. Anyone got some 411 or an educated guess?

Geno
    Fitz
    ?

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was just wondering the same thing, I looked around to see if there was anything that I missed and I found nothing.

Giacomini is my pick for first cut.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Fitz is already gone and Geno will be on his heels. I think Marshall is let go. I feel bad for Mangold but it may be time for him to move on. Revis should either cut his pay in to less then 1/2 or hit the road. He isn't fast enough or tackle that well to move to safety. There is a few more but no time to finish this now, getting supper ready.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Fitz - expired
    Geno - expired
    Giacomini -cut
    Clady - cut
    Marshall - cut
    Mangold - reworks contract
    Revis - reworks contract
    Harris - reworks contract

Just a guess on the last five. I think first three are basically set in stone at this point.

The Jets should move on from all eight, with apologies to Mangold and Harris who have been real soldiers for the team for a decade. However I think they'll keep the latter three because without them they're just going to blow chunks next year and neither Mac nor Bowles can afford that.

With them they'll also blow chunks but without them they'll blow chunks. Such is the life on a last place team that forgot to rebuild in time and now is going to go through absolute hell for a year no matter what they choose to do. Then in 2018 they'll also go through hell because they forgot to rebuild in 2017 also, but what can you do?

Hopefully they wind up with a QB, LT and #1 WR of the future out of what we're likely to go through in the next two seasons.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

looks pretty accurate to me. I'd also throw in a richardson traded

Br4d likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG no to that con artist Mevi$ and his lies...get some young kid at Safety not that fraud

I say CUT across the Board ...and add Henderson Gilchrist and skrine to the list

Thank You cards should be sent to Harris and Mangold however

jmho

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya 2 out of the 3 will most likely rework there contracts, can you guess which one won't??

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I volunteer... I'll walk the plank.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Those two bums are no longer on the roster.

All we have to do is nothing and they cease to be our problem.

alleycat9 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I say get rid of all of them except Mangold

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion: I hope Revis and Mangold rework their contracts.

I think Breno, Clady, Marshall, Harris are gone. I think we trade Sheldon, and maybe Pryor.

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I do love Harris, but it's probably time to hang em up.

Revis can go back to New England and retire with them. A shell of his former self. He probably can still play some man successfully on a lot of the leagues #2 receivers; and he might even be effective in cover 2 if he sacks up and starts to tackle again. All in all I hope to never see the mercenary in green and white again. I already accepted he will retire a pat and go in the hall as a pat. ....'07, '08, '09 and ,,, the undeniable league fear of him in '10 and '11 was magical. '12 would have been good too if his knee hadn't buckled in half. Tannenbaum is the real reason we lost Revis... so many other bad contracts. But good riddance Revis! Time to find the next island

Mangold coming back would be something to smile about :)

#12 JetsVilma28, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Cut everyone besides Leonard Williams, Bilal Powell, Petty, Hackenberg, Jordan Jenkins, Juston Burris, Quincy Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, Jalen Marshall, and Charone Peake.

14. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Revis will not rework. Never has, never will. That's his thing.

Given that, he will likely be cut.

kevda5n9ne and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We can only hope and pray.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've seen some articles in the last week that intimated that the Jets had some interest in keeping Clady. I sure hope not, but they may have to. If so, I hope they can convince him to take a pay cut. I believe that they have to make a decision on him by Friday.

IMO following is how I think things should go:

Fitz - expired
    Geno - expired
    Revis - gone
    Giacomini -cut
    Clady - cut
    Gilchrist - cut
    Henderson - cut
    Folk - cut if they need the cap space
    Marshall - traded or cut
    Richardson - traded
    Mangold - reworks contract
    Harris - reworks contract

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Revis should go, whether he accepts cutting his contract and/or moving to Safety or not. Mangold, if healthy, should be kept, hopefully at a discount, but even without - the OL needs all the help it can get. Marshall should be traded or cut - get his poisonous attitude out of the L.R. I think if he would accept a reduced contract, without guarantees, I would keep Geno as insurance for Petty/Hack/Rookie. Cut everyone else on the bubble and make cap room.

18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Mangold restructure if we are planning to go with Petty or Hack as I think he will help a young QB a lot. Less so if we are looking at starting a FA QB. If we were to draft Foster at 6 then I can't see the point in restructuring Harris. Foster's floor is a quicker and more agile version of Harris and his ceiling is way higher. Not sure if Harris' contract makes this feasible though.

I guess we might have to come to some arrangement with Clady, base salary and appearances perhaps? Lack of other options in FA and draft is really the only reason for this.

And while I'd love Revis to recapture some part of his old glory I just can't see it. The hunger has gone. Watch the Jets cut him and he has an All-pro, comeback player of the year season elsewhere.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a complete house cleaning...we aren't going anywhere with this team next season so I'm all for getting younger.

Doreblade, Cman68 and JetsNation06 like this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much on board with most of the sentiment in this thread. Clean house entirely (sans Mangold if there's a way to bring him back for cheaper). He's still better then a lot of starting C's in the league even with all the wear on his tires.

Start fresh by adding younger, cheaper competition to the roster. The rebuild starts now. No more dumb vet signings that waste cap space.

This draft is crucial to the rebuild. I'm hoping for Fournette, Dalvin Cook or a franchise LT in Rd 1. Next year is going to suck, I'd at least like there to be one young stud playmaker on O to look forward to watching.

almbleamal likes this.