So I guess the Pats are favorites now...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

[​IMG]

2. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

they are always going to be the "favorite" as long pretty boy n bellicheat is there, unless we win a SB

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I don't buy the Pats being clearly better than us. For one thing, we have played them extremely well under Rex. (we are 3-2 against the Pats in the Rex Ryan era) Also, everyone assumes their defense is guaranteed to improve next year because it was so young last year. But this just isn't necessarily the case. Not all young players with potential reach said potential. In fact, most don't.

Also, the Pats will be incredibly hard-pressed to repeat their staggering + 123456789 turnover differential from a year ago. (Case in point - Brady is going to throw more than 4 picks this year) They had an amazing season last year and executed brilliantly down the stretch, but I'm not sure their talent equates to another 14-2 season. I still think we have more talent then they do, and if Sanchez takes that next step, I think we will actually win the division this year.

4. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

The Pats have been the favorite in the AFC East since they won a superbowl in 2005. And its all based on that fact and that fact alone. People see BB and Brady and go "hey those guys won some superbowls", but they seem to forget that was 6-7 YEARS AGO! We have been to the AFC championship the last 2 years in a row. Let ESPN and everyone else pick the pats like they've been doing the past years, and the JETS will keep proving on the field, leaving them crying, and there fans wondering why BB and Brady alone cant win a superbowl. Sorry Pats, your time has come, it was nice for you, and now its gone, and now the BB/Brady skit is old.

5. bibigon

bibigon Member

The Patriots have won the division seven out of eight years, are coming off a 14-2 season, and have not lost any major pieces from last year. Obviously they're preseason favorites to win the division until we knock them off.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

hahahaha Haynesworth failed his conditioning test and isn't ready to practice.. it's all over twitter.

7. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

HAH!
    But "It was such a good trade! Belichick is a genius!"

8. Patriots are still the favorite and until the Jets win the division, they deserve to be just that.

9. bibigon

bibigon Member

Eh - they don't have to pay him a penny. If he can't play, they'll just cut him.

10. Agreed. The Pats are a very, very good regular season team.

11. Jets make that trade, and he's a fat, lazy has-been, another instance of the Jets chasing big names and taking chances on malcontents.

Pats make that trade, and it's a stroke of genius.

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I agree.... lets not be homers. Free agency isnt over, but we lost our #2 and #4 WR, both big parts of our offense, our #2 CB, our punter, and we currently have like 1 safety.

The pats cut a guy who didnt play a snap, and got at worst a decent WR and brought everyone else back

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

When I look at the Patriots, the reason why we DIDNT win the division last season came down to 2 things.

1. Tom Brady had an all time great season, luckily theirs close to no chance we see a repeat of that. Lets be real 36 touchdowns and 4 picks was just absurd. 2 of those picks came against us, the other 2 came against the 14 other teams they played.

2. Other teams failed to beat the Patriots, we got absolutely NO help at all. The only help we got was from the Browns, besides that nothing. We seem to know how to beat them but the rest of the league can't. And like it or not but every team needs help, just look at the Packers, if the Eagles didnt pull off that miracle against the Giants the Packers probably wouldnt have made the playoffs, instead they got help and went on to become the Champs.

I don't expect this year to come as easy for the Patriots (or for the Jets either though) Teams like the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs will fight the Patriots to the last minute and not lay down, add the fact all those teams are facing a lot of pressure to succeed.

14. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Until someone steps and wins the divison the pats should be the fav.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The Pats were the favorite all along.

16. Absolutely. They should be the regular season favorites. They are an outstanding regular season team.

Come January, they will live up to their recent reputation...

17. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

So they're basically the version of the Chargers that actually wins a SB every so often.

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

With Haynesworth it will be baby steps. Pass the conditioning tests, see if he can handle Belichick and training camp, FINISH training camp. You get the idea.

He says he wants a fresh start. Belichick and the Patriots will certainly give him the opportunity if he really wants it. If not, so long Albert.

Is all this worth a 5th round draft pick?

19. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I mean, Holmes was worth a 5th round pick. For our sake, I hope he doesn't have a turn around like Holmes did.

20. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

It was a good move, it's just obnoxious to hear us get shit for taking risks, but when the Pats do it they are praised as offseason champs.