So, how would you grade Jets draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

?

How would you grade the draft?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Teddy Bridgewater is a former first round pick. Josh McNown was a solid starter last year. We also have the two lottery picks that we found in prior drafts.

Building a line to protect them while adding a pass rusher and a couple play makers would have been possible if we didn't go all in on Darnold.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Bridgewater is coming off one of the worst knee injuries ever. Cade McCown just put up a career year at 38 years old. Petty sucks. And Hack is worse. We had the worst QB room in the NFL and got the best prospect in the draft, so I'd say Darnold was the right pick.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

Positives:
    Darnold
    Shepherd
    Nickerson
    Fatuksai

Negatives:
    Herndon- nothing against him, but TE wasn't a NEED for us, with Leggett/Walford/Tomlinson. Would rather have spent the pick on a Center. OG was weak this draft class, but Centers were a plenty. Draft a Center and groom under Long and in 2019 after Carpenter contract expires, move Long to LG and the new Center starts.
    Cannon- These are guys who were available when we selected Cannon- C- B. Allen, CB- Averett(Bama), OT- J. Jones(OSU), C- Bozeman(Bama), RB- Scarborough(Bama).. my order of preference there would be: Allen, Jones, Scarborough, Bozeman, Averett
    We had/have about 6 guys on roster competing for Punt return job. Cannon wasn't a NEED.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Should've passed on the best QB in the draft.

Should've drafted Hall of Fame QB Pat Mahomes (Canton, Class of 2018).

Should've drafted Josh Rosen who's already referred to Mayfield, Darnold and Allen as "mistakes" (already sounds like smug cunt).

SOJF's who don't know shit from shinola and are more hung up on "my boy wasn't drafted so I'm more concerned with being right" ...... while paying token "team" lip service..

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I don’t agree we had zero steals. Anderson trade for our 7th was a steal and so was Darnold at 3

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

For me the draft was an A

Franchise QB check
    Rebuild our DL check
    Take a high ceiling RB check

OL was definitely an area of need same with WR but I think now they will start to add those offensive pieces around Darnold as they next few drafts happen

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Very valid. I’m not even sold on Watson yet. I loved Mahomes as a prospect, but people crowning him around here is laughable.

Edit: autocorrect

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

PFF isn't an official ranking system for the NFL. It's a tool, sure, but many have debated the legitimacy of this site. Including myself. I'm not a big fan.

Regardless.

We ranked 19th in total rushing throughout the NFL. 130yds shy of the middle of the pack.

We ranked 24th in passing yards. With good production from McCown, obviously it would have been even better if McCown didn't get injured.

We were averaging 2.9 sacks a game, the league average was 2.3 sacks a game. This, of course, was with Wesley at center and an injured Winters all season.

We weren't the worst line in football, despite having such a shitty C and a really injured RG.

We've improved since then.

My overall point is, the OL can 100% be upgraded but our line isn't bad enough to keep a young promising rookie on the bench.

So we were above average, average, and slightly below average in different areas last year. Still. It was good enough to see production, our line never got man handled last year like we have seen over the years. Did we see bad games from our OL last year? Yep, absolutely. However, they also had several good games too.

It's clearly being overblown in my eyes and some PFF ranking won't change my opinion on that.

#149 IIMeanDeanII, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s freakin baffling to me that someone wanted to build around McCown and Bridgewater (or Petty or Hack) in general, let alone preferring it to drafting the highest ranked QB in the class who most people think is going to be a franchise guy. Wow, just wow.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Obviously I like the grade, but they use “average” like some people do on this site.

There are 3 elites, some goods, some above averages, some averages, and a few below averages.

Their “average” grade is above average. This is, by definition, impossible. It’s like saying the average of all numbers from 1 to 10 is 7.

Completely defeats the purpose of using the word “average.”

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah that's annoying. I gave our draft a B but with C being average. By their standards I'd give our draft an A.

13. DuhesSeaOfMud

DuhesSeaOfMud Member

according to multiverse theory, there's a NYJ team with Josh Rosen, Courtland Sutton and Derrius Guice out there. I give that draft an A. I give this one a B-.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In that multiverse when Rosen is on his 10th game out with concussion will you mark your draft score down to an F ?

:rolleyes:

James Hasty likes this.
  15. DuhesSeaOfMud

DuhesSeaOfMud Member

how many QB have had their career prematurely ended by concussions? not many. the hits and head injuries Rosen took in college are no different than what QBs have been taking for decades, there is just a medical consciousness now and they are reported publicly.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Sorry I thought we were playing make believe as we drafted Darnald not Rosen. It was a joke man have a giggle and move on.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only opinion that counts is Bowles's. We'll see what the plan is for Darnold. Time will tell if its a successful plan or just Jet business as usual.

#157 Cman68, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Lets be honest, only 1 pick really matters here. If Darnold turns into the elusive "franchise QB" that this organization hasnt been able to find for 30+ years, and I think he can be, then its an A+ draft no matter what.

HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't know what their grading criteria is to assign those grades. Hard to comment on that specifically, but you can infer relatively how they feel about each team with those grades. The grades themselves are based on how they view the board. No one knows how any of these classes will turn out. Probably need four years at least before real judgments can be passed on each class as a whole.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This a million times over. If Darnold has us in the playoffs in two years, no one is even going to mention any pick that may flame out. Like I said before, this is a one pick draft class. Anything else we get is a bonus.