So, how would you grade Jets draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

?

How would you grade the draft?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I kindly ask not to attack posters who like the draft or who don’t. Free speech free country.

If you can explain why you grade it this way it would be awesome.

I said A. My reasons.

We landed Darnold who can be a great QB in this league.

I liked our low round picks. Even Darnold by itself will make this draft a great one.

playtowinthegame, westiedog1 and Noam like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I give the draft a B. The Darnold pick is an easy A, but I don't like the rest of the draft. Not a single O-lineman, 3 D-linemen, and our 3rd and 4th rounders have age and injury concerns. Since Darnold hasn't proven anything yet, I can't give the draft an A, but if he becomes our best QB since Namath I'll give it an A+ even if nobody else is good.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Overall, I like how we (hopefully) found our FQB. But the rest of the draft doesn't excite me. The 3rd round pick has a great story, but I wish we went OL or pass rusher there. 4th round pick can be a solid TE, but he seems kind of raw. Didn't agree with trading out of the 5th to get more lower picks. I'll give it a B.

NYJetsO12, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  4. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Sam Darnold: A+
    Nathan Shepherd: B
    Chris Herndon: C+
    Parry Nickerson: A
    Foley Fatukasi: C
    Trenton Cannon: C

Overall: B-

I think four of the picks were good value and can contribute to the team pretty quickly. I see Darnold, Shepherd and Nickerson playing strong roles going forward.

Herndon might be able to develop into an Enunwa type of player....hopefully.

Fatukasi and Cannon need development. Hopefully Cannon can return kicks effectively.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This draft was about landing the franchise QB. If Darnold turns out to be that guy for the next 12 to 15 years then it was a great draft. As far as grading it who knows. We have to wait and see how the players produce on the field.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Man i was on such an emotional high after CLE goes Mayfield then NY lands freaking Sam Darnold 3rd overall.

Who had Mayfield going #1 & Darnold FALLING to the Jets?

Not a single soul. Fk everyone else; I just know i never did. I raved of Barkley and mentioned everytime Darnold wouldn't be there. I was wrong. And Darnold will prove the Browns wrong.

To get Darnold? Draft automatically became an A++.

Any other draft hopefuls who work out will be gravy. But if Sam Darnold lives up to promise there won't be an NFL soul who thinks about or remembers those "2nd round draft picks". 2018 draft belongs to Sam Darnold.

Dating back to last year. Which Jet fan HAS NOT DEBATED the topic of conversation of "Suck For Sam" or to not suck for Sam & go out there and compete? We fkn all did.

And you mean to tell me we got him due to trading up from 6 to 3?

Hindsight is always 20/20 but as of right now Jets got an A++ QB Hopeful. Gets no better than that.

Like i said with Barkley. Who would take the 3rd or 4th best QB over Saquon Barkley once Darnold was off the board? Well I'm so happy that my N.Y Jets were not FORCED to PASS ON BARKLEY. Rather Barkley was gone before 3 and Darnold fell right into NY's hands. lol i love it.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If the other 5 players plus the DE we traded for from Indy contribute that is great but this draft is defined by one player, Darnold. if he works out it was a great draft if all other 5 become good players and he busts then it's a bad draft.

I am very happy to get Darnold. I had Mayfield and Rosen rated ahead of him but I can understand why teams did not want Rosen. It's hard not to like Darnold. He appears to be a humble hard working bright kid that is extremely likeable. He has pocket presence, leadership and the ability to be pretty special. I can't say I know as much about him as I did Rosen and Mayfield. What particularily appealed to me about the other two was their processing speed which I believe is essential in playing QB at the NFL level. Anyone able to educate me on Darnold's ability to process information quickly?

NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  8. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Darnold- A plus
    The Miami tight end seems solid

Everyone else if they make the team it’s a bonus

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Franchise QB? Check. So A+.

For the rest: It is funny, the Jets drafted many unknown players to a general fan. I can't pretend to know about Trenton Cannon or Nathan Shepherd. They seem like good players, as does Herndon and Nickerson. Folorunso Fatukasi deserves an A+ on name alone.

Henry Anderson seems like a solid addition too with our 7th round pick.

Hopefully Mac strikes gold with a UDFA for the O-line to put some icing on the cake!

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Too early to grade,,,,I can tell you Im not happy,,,,maybe thats a good thing ? Yes I love picking the QB but no O Line , no outside LB ? Seems to me several picks were reaches again but thats me. You can NOT grade an entire draft on the first pick alone those other selections are where you bread your butter and in years past Mac has missed and Im afraid it might be deja vu , time will tell

11. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

A, I like everyone but th last slection.

#11 SecretConnection, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I gave the draft a C.

Darnold was a decent pick but I would have felt otherwise if we chose him over Barkley.

We gave up far too much to move up three spots.

Even if there were only five blue chip players, the Browns reached at pick four leaving Nelson there at our pick.

While we have some decent lottery picks later in the draft I can't think of one guy we took that I was surprised to be available where we picked.

We had zero steals.

My only question is who do we take with the sixth pick in the 2019 draft?

13. MeanGreenMachine88

You really wanted to see more head scratching draft picks? I’m glad we moved up

We’re not gonna be picking 5-6 next year sorry to say

LF911SC, NYJetsO12 and FlaJet like this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Considering Sam Darnold is already at the Children’s Hospital visiting sick children in Morristown

A+++++.

15. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

We could be picking 1 if McCown goes down.

Jets69 and James Hasty like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I give it a generous B, and that's due in large part to Darnold, assuming he becomes the FQB. But no OL? No pass rusher? Trading out of the 5th to pick up more draft fodder? On paper, taken individually, they all seem good, but how many have the adjective "raw" in their assessment? Or "undersized"? For all of that, how many of Macc's "Late Round Specials" have made an impact on this team? And it feels like rubbing salt in the wound when he takes TWO DL, shades of last year's TWO Safeties, when offensive talent was there to be had. I just don't get Macc's philosophy.

The bottom line is that this draft was focused on ONE THING: getting the FQB. Everything else was gravy, especially after trading away the two 2nd rounders which is where the decent OL and pass rushers are got picked.

17. MeanGreenMachine88

That’s nice and sweet and all but the grade is gonna be what he’s doing on the field
    They didn’t pick number one last year and a few years ago when they started 1-9 I wouldn’t hold your breath

18. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled with the Darnold pick, a solid A just for this reason because he was the player coveted by everyone before the season started. This grade is based on the present circumstances since no one can foresee the future, but, if Darnold makes it big, grade this draft AAA+

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Grading the draft inherently takes into account that nobody knows how any one of these players will turn out; answering the question isn’t about progasticating such.

The question isnt asking how you think these players will do on the Jets, it’s asking to rank the acquisition of these specific players based on what you do know of them.

#19 JetBlue, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    BomberJet and Brook! like this.
  20. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Solid B. Darnold pick was great, I was hoping the rest would be O-Line. But if this draft was about finding a QB that has high FQB potential, then A overall.