Should the Jets really pull the plug on Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsFan26, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

It would be better if the Jets announced ASAP that McElroy plays for the remainder of the season. What has Sanchez shown over the past two years that would lead anyone to believe he should get another chance, at least for this season? Sanchez needs to play w/ a fire which he has rarely shown, certainly not since 2010. Putting him back in next week does nothing to raise his level of play

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yup because Santonio being hurt was a problem of the front office. They couldn't have signed both Braylon and Santonio. Cotchery asked to be released. Plaxico was not a good receiver. Keller has been here all 4 years. Kerley is a good receiver, what more do you want?

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Cotchery asked for his release because of the failed attempt to bring in Mason. That was a disaster. Took away a guy Sanchez had a lot of success throwing to, ran great routes, and blocked -- for Mason.

Plaxico didn't have to be a good receiver - he was a monster in the red zone. Sanchez also trusted throwing the ball up to him know he would fight for it. He opened everything thing up in that red zone. They don't have anyone that does that this season. The only team in football that hasn't thrown a corner fade.

They have lose reliable outside guys that Sanchez clicked well with - he clicked better with Edwards than he ever did with Holmes. The Terminator couldn't even hold the jock of Richardson. The running game has been a downward trend every season as the offensive line has gotten worse and their ability to throw a screen has vanished.

They have basically decided they are going to ground and pound when that isn't possible. Now that they have to throw they don't have the personnel with Holmes out, Kerley as the #1, Gates/Chilens/Hill as the #2? Seriously?

The fact that they game into the season saying we are gonna run the ball all day and all night long no matter what . Sound good - in 2009 and 2010....but this team needs balance and isn't built for it.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yes they could have signed both Braylon and Tone. They decided to chase Nnamdi instead. Cotch asked to be released because they tried to replace him with Mason and make him a 4th WR.

5. Mac Redstrum

Mac Redstrum Member

--------------------------------
    That aint happening. Mark will absolutely be starter next week if Rex has any sense in him

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The ultimate irony, I would have never believed that the Jets could get away with benching Sanchez and not starting Tebow. Unreal. No hate for Tebow, but I am happy with it.

7. 85inthehall

Yeah I mean if he cam in and played the the kid in SF did -- you say well he put up 24 points and was a monster. He handed the ball off a bunch,.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Don't worry the Tebots will cry conspiracy theory. And Tebow said he could have played in the Arizona game gaurantee it!!!!

9. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Sanchez is done. He's playing shell shocked.

He needs to get out of the limelight, big city and all the dating if he wants to concentrate on football and salvage his career.

I always find it funny that this guy was programmed by his dad to be mentally strong ("Throughout his childhood and teenage years, Mark's father would have him combine athletic and mental training. Mark would have to dribble a basketball without looking at it while reciting multiplication tables; practice baseball swings in a batting cage while answering questions about the periodic table and similar combined drills that his father hoped would develop quick thinking and self-confidence that would guide Mark in all areas of life and not simply sports") and yet is the complete opposite of what that training would suggest.

His stats have always been mediocre.
    One of the most important stats, his INT rate has been subpar.
    First 4 years:
    5.5 (atrocious), 2.6 (good), 3.3 (horrible), 2.9 (average) Career 3.5

Tom Brady is career 2.1
    Aaron Rodgers is 1.8
    Phillip Rivers 2.7
    Rothelsberger 2.9
    Mike Vick 2.8
    Drew Brees 2.7
    Eli Manning 3.2

10. displacedfan

Little misleading as Big Ben comes off as an average QB and Eli as a horrible one.

11. 85inthehall

Most turnovers in the NFL since 2009 -- Eli Manning is #1.

He has had a better running game and better receivers

12. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Eli is horrible during the regular season. That's why they'll eked in to the playoffs when they won the super bowl. He's one guy who turns it on in the post season but during the regular season he is inconsistent.

13. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Big Ben is pretty average. All you need is a game manager who doesn't make critical mistakes (Sanchez) to win a super bowl.

14. 85inthehall

To be fair Sanchez has come up big in playoff games.

An Eli also had the benefit of an elite front 4 that seems to play their best ball in the playoffs making life on opposing offenses very difficult.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I'm not sure what to think, and I hate say it but I really don't want to bother winning any games, we need high draft picks in order to retool, not somewhere in the middle.

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

The best thing to do in the 2011 offseason for Sanchez would've been to bring both Holmes and Edwards back, and wake up and realize Wayne Hunter is not good despite his fill in duty in the playoffs and that we need depth on the O-Line. They let his good chemistry with Holmes, Edwards, Cotch, and Keller fall apart at the same time LT was turning 32 after being the feature back for his entire career. There is/was nothing wrong with Cromartie, I don't understand the Asomugha love-fest from someone who's been around defensive football his whole life (Rex)...frigging Pro Bowl.

Instead of securing Sanchez's likelihood for success, Tannenbaum and Rex got caught thinking they were holding a secret recipe for the Vince Lombardi and were only a few mad scientist tweaks away, and that their young QB would blossom into a top 15 QB by himself since he'd be playing with a good D.

As far as hoping Sanchez would blossom, I can't really blame them after 11-5 and multiple GW drives. And he actually did have a pretty good statistical season last year, especially considering how rarely he was standing up after the pass. Thanks Tom Moore?

The 2012 offseason was even worse for Sanchez, and Sparano isn't noticeably better than Schotty.

I think it has been a combination of a lot of factors, including Holmes's injury, but the fact remains. He is one of the most inaccurate passers in league history. Anytime you can say that about a player you know he is a minus player for your team. It's not rocket science.

Sanchez may not be the only reason for the offensive ineptitude, and he certainly hasn't been put in a great position after Tannenbaum and Ryan got too big-headed and couldn't evaluate the team clearly. I loved the 09 and 10 seasons just like all of you, and I was excited about the prospects of the team and our new QB. Two bad offseasons later with screwy guarantees and signings/draftees with no real objective for Sanchez and...here we are.

I remember Rex saying "GD I love being right," about Conner because he hit someone hard on a ST play. Well, we see where that went. I think that's why Rex has stayed with Sanchez longer than most would've, because that was his guy that he picked and they were supposed to live out their entire Jets career together.

This ain't fairy tales, it's football.

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i can not believe some people still want sanchez to start. he is the worst quarterback in football. he has 46 turnovers the past 2 seasons, the most in all of football. absolutely pathetic. he does nothing well. he is an inaccurate turnover machine.

he has failed again and again and again and we will never go anwhere with him on the team. especially now that he makes big money.

mcelroy cant be worse. tebow cant be worse. it isnt possible to be worse. he is playing the position as poorly as you can possibly play it. he has shown 0 promise and has regressed.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

McElroy proved to himself that he can't be worse.

For Sanchez supporters: If Sanchez were still in the game, would we have won it?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is a ridiculous statement. Roethlisberger is a beast who sheds d-lineman like they're mosquito's on a regular basis to extend plays and makes a lot of critical plays to extend drives and win games.

20. displacedfan

I don't agree with thinking that Sanchez after year 2 would blossom. He looked solid, but still an inconsistent QB. He showed nothing that he could overcome a bad team around him. Yet the FO thought they saw something in him that nobody else did. Like you said if we picked up an OL and kept Braylon, we are probably in the driver's seat for the WC right now wondering what we need to take the next step. Oh well, we are here now. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake developing our next QB we draft