Should the Jets really pull the plug on Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsFan26, Dec 2, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez has zero mental toughness, How about Ryan Lindley he makes Sanchez look like Dan Marino,I can't belive Wisenhunt benched Skelton for Lindley

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and yet Sanchez has shown a remarkable ability to throw interceptions with wide open receivers and good protection.

the continuous excuses are just ridiculous.

3. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

How anybody can continue to believe is Sanchez is utterly incredible. If you had eyes, then you would see that he just sucks. He just does. We drafted a bust. Won't be the last time. Let's move on already!

4. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

McElroy is a poor mans Alex Smith, he isn't going to be the answer but Sanchez needed to be pulled today, his play was just awful.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...just checking my vCash...

oh..and how pissed is Tebow? Worked his ass off all year waiting for 'the hook', only to be sidelined.

Kinda wonder if that didn't play a roll......

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...and lets face it, the O-line, Greene & Powell played like a bunch of excited school girls waiting for a Justin Bieber autograph the instant McElroy came in.

Sanchez: "Where was that shit when I was handing the ball off (all fucking season)????"

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Sanchez is in his 4th year and has regressed the past 2 years. Going to back to back AFC Title Games really set us back because it has been an excuse to keep Sanchez as the starting QB. We made it because of a strong running game and a great defense, not because of Sanchez. This guy would have been benched long ago had he played for a different team. McElroy might not be the answer, but I know Sanchez isn't. We are headed for another 8-8 season at best. That makes 3 out of 4 seasons struggling to win 8 / 9 games with Sanchez.

We won today becasue Sanchez was benched. It's about time!!! Hopefully Rex will have the balls to keep him on the bench.

8. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness not everyone wears green blinders. This post is the truth.

9. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Without question. He is not the guy and he's not going to be. If McElroy is the second coming of Pennington, I'll take that over what we've seen the past 2 years out of Sanchez. Thanks for trying, but it's over in NY.

10. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

Yes, yes, and fuck yes. He should be thrown from the team plane, taken to the hospital, then actually, literally have the plug pulled on him after he's told repeatedly what a shit QB he is.

11. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

We should see how McElroy does with a week of prep, first team snaps. What we saw from the kid today was not representative of his real play- for better or worse.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is the biggest thing people like to do, rewrite history. Sanchez played poorly at times in his second year, but he bailed out the defense and himself plenty of times letting us make the playoffs his second year. We definitely needed him to make the playoffs in win it them the second time around. The first time around, most QBs could have been there.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

People bitch and moan everytime a ball is "dropped" but remain strangely silent about his constant over throws, under throws, wide throws...i'm sure if it was possible to have an inverse throw he'd do that as well.

Sanchez has never been, and probably never will be more than a Trent Dilfer, Who somewhat Ironically was drafted #6 in his draft class.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Something is wrong with him, it's time to let him watch the game from the sidelines for at least a couple weeks. Maybe at some point we can bring him back but McElroy showed some positive things today and the team seemed to rally around him.

15. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

If I was rex I wouldn't name a starter until saturday. Hopefully, sanchez comes out with a little fire and gets the guys to rally around him. If he doesn't work his ass off, let McElroy start.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez will start next week. McElroy handed the ball off and completed five 6 yard passes. McElroy came in and three play action rollout were called. Where were those calls for Sanchez who has proven to throw very well on the run. I was not a fan of play calls, personnel moves, situation awareness of Sporano -- running just keep running. I didn't get the calls at times.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There's no point in doing that because the coaches, and ultimately the media, will know who the starer is going to be by mid-week, regardless of what Rex says.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There were actually a couple of different roll-outs called for Sanchez . . . he was just beyond putrid today.

19. NewYorkEveryThing

Today just showed how much sanchez did not care about improving. We sent a 6th rd draft pick in and he led us to victory. We might have scored more if the kid was not in there playing like a pro. Sanchez day"s are done. He is gonna chill on his contract.The only thing the jets can do is get a better pay plan for the guy to pick up his big fat check.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Has Sanchez in his 4 years had the same receiving core from training camp til the end of the season? Watching him you can see he lacks faith and belief in his receivers. They are more often then not in the wrong spot, running poor routes, or dropping passes that hit them in the face. These thing all cause a QB to start forcing, second guessing, trying to do to much.

Philip Rivers lost Darren Sproles and now Vincent Jackson - he looks horrible. Chemistry with your receivers is a big deal and the front office keeps pulling them away from the offense.