Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 14, 2012.

1. akibud

akibud Active Member

I just read this comment on a Foxnews website regarding an article where a Utah town wants to arm every head of household. I immediately went chilled, cold and scared when I read it. What makes people so heartless, and insensitive in our society?

I would post the article, but this thread was not supposed to be a gun control thread, I don't think.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I saw there is some prof. in Florida with the same crap.. they cry about us "libtards" but what these people want and believe is 10Xs scarier then what liberals think and do. The extreme right is a scary group of people. All you need to do is look at Alex Jones on Piers Morgan to know how out of control and uninformed they are.

3. akibud

akibud Active Member

I've often said that extremists are all the same whether they are Islamist, Muslims, Christians, Republican or democrat, liberal or conservative. To me, the behavior and intolerance all line up. The fact that some are more barbaric in their actions, is only due to the lack of civility that they have achieved. The rhetoric are all the same.

4. Barry the Baptist

Some people truly are disgusting... how some people can believe that this is some made up bullshit hoax. Unfucking real... 20 innocent children were murdered by some sick fuck and this is how our fellow Americans are reacting. I really hate people some times.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gene-rosen-sandy-hook-conspiracy-155033813.html

A man who found six children in his driveway in Newtown, Conn., after their teacher had been shot and killed in last month's school massacre has become the target of conspiracy theorists who believe the shootings were staged.

“I don’t know what to do,” Gene Rosen told Salon.com. “I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘How much am I being paid?'”

Rosen, a 69-year-old retired psychologist who lives near Sandy Hook Elementary School where the shootings took place, says his inbox is filled with emails like this one:

How are all those little students doing? You know, the ones that showed up at your house after the ‘shooting’. What is the going rate for getting involved in a gov’t sponsored hoax anyway?

“The quantity of the material is overwhelming,” Rosen said, adding that he's sought the advice of a retired state police officer and plans to alert the FBI.

[Related: One month after school massacre, parents of Sandy Hook victims speak]

On the morning of Dec. 14, Rosen had just finished feeding his cats when he saw six small children "sitting in a neat semicircle" at the end of his driveway. According to the Associated Press:

A school bus driver was standing over them, telling them things would be all right. It was about 9:30 a.m., and the children, he discovered, had just run from the school to escape a gunman.

"We can't go back to school," one little boy told Rosen. "Our teacher is dead."

Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old gunman, had shot his way into the school and opened fire, killing 20 children and six adults.
    [Slideshow: Scenes from Newtown, Dec. 14-21, 2012]

Rosen took the four girls and two boys—students of slain teacher Victoria Soto—into his home, gave them toys and comforted them while he tried to reach their parents. He spent the days following the massacre telling his story to the swarming media that invaded the small Connecticut town in the wake of the shootings.

“I wanted to speak about the bravery of the children,” Rosen told Salon. “I guess I kind of opened myself up to this.”

A quick Web search for Rosen's name reveals some of what he's opened himself up to: Appearing online are photos of his home, his address and phone number, several fake YouTube accounts and plenty of conspiracy theories.

One post, entitled "Grieving Town Grandfather, or Bad 'Crisis Actor,'" reads in part:

Gene's oft repeated, and changing, story about that day, focuses totally on the kids and the sound of gunshots. Even though his eyes and ears should've taken in the whole scene, his story focuses completely on the kids and the guns.

Why? Well, if this was a false flag event designed to move political opinion on gun control, here in America, then you would get a lot more bang for your buck by talking about the innocent little children. That's what tugs on America's heart strings the most ... especially around Christmas time.

5. colleen74

colleen74 Member

[YOUTUBE]Wx9GxXYKx_8[/YOUTUBE]

I just watched this video someone posted on FB.

It's.... well... I don't even know...

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

What the fuck is this shit? Any normal person would focus on the kids and the gunshots. Those are kind of the two overriding details of the entire event.

7. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

8. Barry the Baptist

Poeple are fucked up man, all I can say. I don't understand how anybody can sit there and say this was some huge conspiracy so Obama can take away our rights. You have 26 sets of parents who had to suffer through their holidays without their children and 20 of them were parents of 6 year olds and you have people saying it was staged. Those families will never recover from this event and these people just make it worse. I can't imagine how some people can be so blinded with rage that they think like this.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People are a product of their society. People want protection because violent crime is still a big problem, all across the world. I don't understand how owning a gun or being required to as head of household makes you heartless. Wanting to protect and defend your family in the event of a break in or worse shows the exact opposite, that you care about them! Giving somebody a gun doesn't turn them into a heartless killer. The responsibility and moral code is on the individual, not the tool they use for protection. Think about it. If people knew that every household was required to own a gun, breaks ins and robberies would go down immensely. If the real world were all cookies and rainbows, then having a gun is pointless, but in today's violent society it can be the difference between life and death and you never know what might happen. Truth be told, if the teachers in the school were armed, they could have saved a lot of lives.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Lets suppose a portion of the population doesn't feel comfortable having guns around, may even feel they don't have the temperment to have deadly force like that in their possession. Why should the State mandate it? Are you arguing that the citizens are being deputized for an emergency?

As a taxpayer if my elected officials ever tried to pull a stunt like that I would ask why I'm paying taxes for police services.

Think about it if I knew all my neigbors were packing heat I wouldn't accept their invitations for diner and a movie.

11. Gunther

Gunther Member

For all the reasons you mentioned is a reason why some people are skeptical. Emotional charged incidenced are the perfect opportunity to bring change. However, those changes don't always serve the people's best interests.

12. akibud

akibud Active Member

my comment was not in response to the fact that the town wanted to arm every household. Like Biggs pointed out, as long as that is not the law, and everyone still can choose to own guns or not, I am ok with that. What made me cringe was the comment I pasted in my comment which was a response to the article.

I am all for gun owners rights, and the right to not own guns as well. The military weapons are a different case, I suspect that was just a means for the gun manufacturers to increase profits.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good point about tax money for police, I agree with any/all reductions in tax money to them, especially the wastes like meter maids and dudes that just sit in the car all day waiting for someone to drive by 10 miles over the limit as if it matters, but I digress.

This thing is, owning a gun doesn't require you to use it, except maybe for training, so if you really have something against deadly weapons, you can lock it up in a safe and never open it. But when it comes to something like protecting yourself and your family from a potential deadly threat, then you're a complete idiot if you don't use it. I'm a very non violent person as well, but if it comes down to some psychopath or your family, I'm choosing family every time and wouldn't hesitate to pop the guy to ensure our survival.

Some of my neighbors DO pack heat, and I have no problem eating dinner with them or hanging out and having some beers. In fact I feel safer if anything, but owning a gun doesn't violate any moral code unless you choose to use it wrongly. Driving a car can be just as deadly. There is a country that requires gun ownership for all households and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. It's either Switzerland or Sweden or one of those countries, I can't remember but it does work. DC has been the most violent place in the country for a while and they have the strictest gun regulations. Criminals get guns illegally, so you can see what happens when law abiding citizens can't even defend themselves. The criminals have free reign and know they can pretty much break into any house and rob them with little to no consequences. If they knew everyone had a gun, they'd either have to be way more cautious or find another way to break the law.

#613 Barcs, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you have children in your house your a complete idiot if you have a weapon that available to use in your house.

What happens when I get a bit daffy and my wife starts to piss me off or I piss off one of my adult kids. Having guns around the house for most people is a huge mistake.

You like having beers with people carrying guns more power to you I think it's dumb as shit.

#614 Biggs, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  15. akibud

akibud Active Member

they say 40 sumthing percent of the guns end up being used "accidentally" on someone who lives in the home

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You are assuming that everybody's a moron that can't handle responsibility and that owning a gun means you carry on you at all times. People don't just get drunk and whip out their guns and start twirling them around in circles while loaded and safety off and fire into the air like wild west gangsters. Lock the gun in a safe that only you have the combo to, unless wifey is licensed as well. Don't open it unless you need to. That guarantees that nobody else ever touches it. Treat it like the deadly weapon it is. If you are seriously worried about getting drunk and shooting your wife, you have deeper issues than the gun itself. I mean what's to stop you from getting really drunk and grabbing a knife or baseball bat? Self control means nothing?

The same thing could be said about a car, except way more people die in car accidents than from gun violence. A car is a deadly weapon, why should you own one? What if you get all drunk, then get behind the wheel and kill yourself or somebody else? What if you are at home partying and your 12 year old son steals your keys and drives the car away? That's way easier than cracking a safe and just as deadly, especially if the kid doesn't know what he's doing. I don't see why you paint gun owners as scumbags that can't control themselves.

Personally I'm not a gun person because they are expensive, but I love swords. You step in my house after hours you're going be in a whole world of hurt.

If you have children in the house and you have no means to defend them, and somebody breaks in with ill intentions, you're an even bigger idiot, than the guy that has one and saves his family. It's not like people are just going to store their guns in the computer desk drawer or leave it on the coffee table so its available to anybody at any time. Responsibility matters.

18. Barry the Baptist

For those wanting off duty officers or veterans patrolling the hallways of our schools I say examples like this are exactly why it's a bad idea. People in those types of stressful jobs sometimes snap and in this case an entire family was killed because the father (a Las Vegas Metro Police Officer) was the one who snapped very sad story as the child is as old as my son and the officer a co worker of my ex wife and her brother.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/jan/22/coroner-metro-officer-committed-suicide-gunshot-he/

A Metro Police officer apparently shot and killed his 46-year-old wife and 5-year-old child on Monday, then committed suicide by shooting himself.

The Clark County Coroner’s Office announced Tuesday afternoon that Kathryn Michelle Walters and Maximilian Walters each died from a gunshot wound to the head. The coroner said the manner of their deaths was homicide. Hans Pieter Walters, 52, also died from a gunshot wound to the head, and the coroner listed his cause of death as suicide.

The tragedy occurred Monday morning at the Walters’ Boulder City home when a man – thought to have been Hans Walters – called 911, confessed that he had shot his wife and child and said he planned to shoot himself, too. The caller also warned the emergency dispatchers he would shoot any police officer sent to try to stop him.

Henderson Police spokesman Keith Paul said Boulder City Police officers arrived within moments of the 911 call to a burning house in the 1300 block of Esther Drive. There, a man armed with a handgun stepped outside the front door of the house. He ignored officers' commands to put down the gun and re-entered the burning home. Shortly afterwards, Paul said, police believe he shot himself.

Hans Walters was a 20-plus-year veteran with Metro Police and was a lieutenant at the time of his death. He had been with Metro since September 1991. He was promoted to the rank of sergeant in January 1998 and to the lieutenant in January 2010. He was assigned to the Patrol Division, Enterprise Area Command.

Kathryn Michelle Walters was employed by Metro from January 1991 until August 2004. She was assigned to the Patrol Division before voluntarily leaving the agency.

In a news conference Monday, Sheriff Doug Gillespie wouldn’t confirm Hans Walters’ death, but said he was a member of Metro Police.

“Anyone who has been involved in law enforcement for any amount of time is usually prepared for any scenario,” Gillespie said. “No one, however, can prepare for something like this.”

Investigation into the case continues and is being led by Henderson Police.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I am having a lot of trouble believeing anything to do with that whole thing anymore. I don't like how the media handled it as described in don henleys song dirty laundry. I dont like how it conveniently brought the gun battle to the forefront. I dont like the misinformation from minute one. the media has become the last place i trust for the truth,left or right.