Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 14, 2012.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I live in Newtown. MY kids thankfully go to the school 2 miles down teh road. Im sure I know some of the dead. Im beyong sick right now. What do I tell my kids???

3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i grew up in new fairfield. I know a lot fo people in that area. this is so disgustingly awful.

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Live in Trumbull. 20 minutes away. I'm nauseous.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I know we kid alot, but this is just devastating, sorry to hear it...

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

TGG Prayers for the Victims and Families in Newton, CT

I know this is a football board, but this makes football seem to completely ridiculous. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families in Newton, CT, many of whom don't know the fate of their children yet.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Thoughts and Prayers to them.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the fact that this thread was moved to the bullshit forum is fucking ridiculous. get a grip mods. god forbid this gets in the way of a sanchez sucks thread.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

This is a tragedy. I have two kids of my own and it sickens me just thinking what if but... rules are rules.

10. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am sitting here at work feeling numb for about the last 2 hours. My son called me almost an hour ago to say he was home from half day school today. Had they been in school still, I would've left here long ago to get them and just hold them. I was about to tell him to stay inside and lock the doors, but I couldn't bring myself to punish him for my worries.

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I just heard about this. I can't believe this. What a sick fucking bastard, I hope he rots in hell. I guess we're still missing a lot of information that will come out in the days/weeks to come but all I can say is I feel physically ill reading this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families and the community in general.

12. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

What an awful tragedy...i can't put into word how sick i feel. Like many of you I'm sure , I've a child in elemenary school and can't imagine if I had heard that this happened at his school. The thought of being a parent of a kid at that school & running there only to see that your child isn't one of those that made it outside is enough to make me puke right here. I can only pray for these people.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

just because it is more important than football doesn't mean it has to be discussed in the football forum. discuss it here. even arguing that trivializes how tragic this is.

I was 22 when Columbine went down and it didn't really hit me. but now that I am older and a parent, just the thought of any parent losing their child like this tears me apart with sadness.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sickening. This is very upsetting. I don't get people. I really don't.

15. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

18 kids. That is a whole classroom. My God. May the Bastard burn in Hell.

16. wexy

wexy Member

Horrible news but our country its guns more than it loves its children.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

fuck off. don't trivialize this with asinine comments.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If this is not the tipping point for this country to finally deal with the issue of gun control in a rational serious manner then I don't know what to say.

There is no reason in the world for people to have the weapons that are being used in these mass killings.

It is our responsibility to make this country safe for our children. Shootings are taking place in malls, movie theaters, college campuses and schools.

So how are citizens owning guns making us a safer, better society?????????????????????

And I am tired of hearing the "today is not the day to have this political discussion on gun control."

Today is absolutely the day to have that discussion. 20 parents sent their 5-10 year old children to school today and now those children are dead. Any one of us could be that parent or a victim. Today is the day to have the discussion and to commit to carry it through with some measured rational solutions that reduce gun violence in this country.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I see this as more of a reason for everyone to carry guns. People who carry out these acts are cowards IMO, and would never attempt them if they knew everyone else had a gun.

I'd rather see gun safety and training a required course for all adults 18 and over and strong encouragement for everyone to carry.

Do you think those scumbags would have gone in that school with guns if they knew every teacher and administrator was also carrying?

----------
    back on topic

I hope all TGG members families are safe. This is such an unnecessary tragedy for all those who lost family today.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is massively fucked up...Need to punch a bitch