Serious Question for Woody Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 28, 2018.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's sad, but true. The only thing that will get them to wake up at this point is for the fanbase to begin abandoning them. I don't mean the usual trend of dwindling crowds as each abysmal season nears its end, but rather doing so from the jump each season. An empty stadium on opening day would send that message loud and clear. A MetLife stadium full of fans rooting on the Patriots when they play them at home would be another way for that message to get sent. I can't boycott the games because I already don't go to any of their home games, living too far away for that to really be feasible, but I've already cancelled plans I had made to travel to one of the December away games to see these bums in person. The whole thing is just a disgrace.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

They just sound like it. Actually there's a bunch of old dudes that sound prepubescent

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fair enough

4. Walt White

That wasn't directed at you. Hope you didn't think so.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I did in fact, but it’s cool. I’m not made of glass.

Walt White likes this.
  6. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

WwwwwwwwwwwAaaaaaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    Take your MEDS you high expectation bipolar loon baboons.

stinkyB likes this.
  7. Walt White

Cool. Sorry.

It was directed at the millennials and old bitches. Not you. Sometimes it's tough to tell stuff on the internet I know and I'm a sarcastic fuck on here lol

8. GreenInTheBowl

The only realistic boycott is a generational one. Don't expose your kids to this garbage franchise. Don't let them catch you with a Jets hat-- flip the channel from the game when they walk in the room. If you're caught yelling at the TV just tell them its the tourettes.

Because let's face it, we're all doomed. But there's still hope for the kids out there. And maybe 20-30 years from now when the Jet fan is nearing extinction the Johnson family will finally be forced to sell the team, and the few of us remaining can rejoice and gather to watch, dare I say a playoff game??

But its not all doom and gloom everyone, just be patient. As soon as we are out of playoff contention officially this year the wins will begin to pile up!!

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Why would we want him at this point anyway ? He’s done coaching and his body of work as a GM/ consultant wasn’t exactly the greatest ...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

He is a has or had a Twitter account so if still has one you can communicate with him thru that site :mad:

Here is account in 2016

Woody Johnson‏Verified account @woodyjohnson4 Jan 2
    As you probably know I’ve moved to London to take up the position of U.S. Ambassador to the UK. To continue to track me on Twitter, make sure to follow @USAmbUK-Happy New Year!

#30 championjets69, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You kids and your tweeter.
    :mad:

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Fan boycotts are the MOST effective way to get billionaire owners to sell their valuable toys.

Worked with the Wilsons, Dolan...got to be dozens of other owners fans hate that have sold their franchises due to fan boycotts.

They are just so damn effective. Especially given all the TV money.

LAJet likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I wish Woody Johnson would get shoved in the Tower of London. He really just needs to stay away from the team and make football minds do the thinking. I mean, I'm not a doctor, but that would be like me saying don't touch me I'm sterile!

[​IMG]

The less I see or hear of Woody Johnson the happier I am. We had a rookie HC and a rookie QB and that combination very sadly went down the tubes along with the relentless personnel shuffling because he just couldn't stay out of it. Woody Johnson is never selling the team, though. End of story. And, when he kicks, it's staying in the family. You would think the the only thing that would force him out would be bankruptcy, which isn't happening; but let's say just for a hypothetical that were to somehow happen, bankruptcy protection would kick in and he still wouldn't have to sell. We're stuck with him. Even when the team is awful he is pleased as punch just to collect compound interest.