Scorched Earth Coming?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Rumor is Fabini was asked to take a pay cut to stay on as a back-up. I dont think he has much choice b/c I dont see him as starting material on any nfl team. Perhaps BP would take a look at him down in Dallas.

Mawae wont be cut but i wouldnt be surprised to see him take a pay cut. He's coming off a major injury, his best playing days are behind him, and he knows how the business works so I doubt he'd be that insulted w/ the proposition of day reduction. I'd like to see Kendall cut to save cap room but I have a feeling he will stick around(especially if we draft a guy like Fergy to play LT)

I expect Ellis and D rob to have their deals restructured. I dont think D rob will be released b/c despite some opinions, he is a versatile talent who could cause math-up problems at many different spots along the D-line. If Mangini does indeed plan to use a defensive philosophy similar to the pats, creating mismatches will be highly in demand. D rob is a match-up nightmare if used correctly. However, something has to be done about his cap number. No DT is worth that many nevermind one who although is good, astly underperformmed this past season.

Don't be surprised if guys like Derrick Blaylock and Barry Gardener wave bye bye as well/

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

which is exactly why ol noodle arm. cmart , and the other 5 cap albatrosses should be cut, now.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the legacy of the dumbway/herm administration.

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I like the approach...now lets just see what they actually can pull off.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

sure would be nice if the steelers, eagles, colts, and patriots all blew up their teams :D :D :D :D