Schwarzenegger Wants 2 NFL Teams in L.A.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by wildthing202, May 2, 2006.

?

Who will move to LA?

1. Buffalo

14.3%
  2. Jacksonville

6.1%
  3. New Orleans

32.7%
  4. other(specify)

4.1%
  5. Buffalo and Jacksonville

2.0%
  6. Buffalo and New Orleans

10.2%
  7. Jacksonville and New Orleans

2.0%
  8. Buff/Jack/NO and other(specify)

4.1%
  9. no one

24.5%
  1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060502...zsLMxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

GRAPEVINE, Texas - California Gov.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger said Tuesday he wants the NFL to return to the Los Angeles area ? with two teams.

After meeting with a group of NFL owners, Schwarzenegger said he was there to make sure "we're getting not only one NFL team to the Los Angeles area, Southern California, but to actually get two teams. That's why I came. Why limit it?"

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue and a committee of 11 owners met to hear proposals from Los Angeles and Anaheim. Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle were there to make separate presentations but joined the governor for a joint session.

"There enough room and enough audience to have two teams," Schwarzenegger said. "We just have to all work together and make it happen."

Los Angeles, the nation's second-largest television market, has been without an NFL team since the Raiders and Rams both left after the 1994 season. When the NFL expanded in 2002, the new team went to Houston after Los Angeles leaders couldn't agree on a suitable site for the team.

Tagliabue, who is retiring in July, has long made it a priority to get a franchise back in Los Angeles.

The owners' committee, which includes Dan Rooney of the
    Pittsburgh Steelers, Jerry Jones of the
    Dallas Cowboys and Bob Kraft of the
    New England Patriots, planned to hear stadium proposals from the Anaheim and Los Angeles officials. The cost estimates of $800 million are considerably higher than previous price tags.

Anaheim's plan calls for a new facility near Angel Stadium, which was converted to a baseball-only complex after the Rams left. The NFL team and the Los Angeles Angels had shared the stadium.

The Los Angeles plan is to construct a stadium inside the existing Los Angeles Coliseum, home to the Rams from 1946-70 and the Raiders from 1982-94.

The NFL owners' group won't make any decisions on the proposals during their meeting at a Dallas-Fort Worth Airport hotel. Instead, the group will make a presentation at the league's spring meetings in Denver, scheduled May 22-24.

After Schwarzenegger and the two mayors emerged from a 10-minute meeting with the owners, the governor chatted in the hallway with Jones, the Cowboys' owner.

The governor returned to Los Angeles immediately afterward. The individual presentations by the cities were later in the day.

Which teams will move to LA? Will it be 2 or just 1?

2. GreenMachine

Why? Because they were able to support the Rams and Raiders???

Oh, and did Arnie participate in the Immigrant march yesterday?

3. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

IF (big if) anyone, the Chargers.

4. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Eh... Give them Buf and NO.

5. Hazardous Waters

I really hope Arnold accidently lights himself on fire someday.

6. Ten

Ten Active Member

Apparently San Diego can't afford a new stadium for the chargers.They have to be considered the favourites for a move.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can't understand why they want one team there, much less two.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

LA sucks as a sports town...Lakers are the only important team there......screw them, they don't deserve a team

9. ganooch

ganooch Member

The only reason why the NFL wants back in Los Angeles is because of TV. They know a team there will sell out their games infrequently and there is no groundswell from fans. TV is where the $$$$$$ is. LA is one of those cities where half of the fans at the stadium are fans of the visiting team.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

My money is on the raiders

11. The Book 24

The Book 24 Banned

I don't even think Buffalo deserves to have a team.

12. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I betcha Jacksonville will move out there.

13. Ouda147

Ouda147 New Member

i don't think LA will ever have two teams. Theres just no market for two team in LA. A friend of mine out there tells me that the general consensus is that with the Lakers and Clippers, Dodgers and Angels, USC and UCLA(football programs).....a new football team would be last on the minds of sports fans there

14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

This coming from a guy who wanted to blow up the moon so women’s periods wouldn’t be so bad…

15. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

certinly they could support the Rams and Raiders both moved so why let La get a team again . Let an instate team move to la like the Chargers or Raiders or 49ers . But Id like to see ateam move to L.V

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

arnold is retarded.