Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

No ones trading for Mark to be their starter because of a few exhibition games . He hasn't done squat.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

keep it on subject please.

MoWilkNYJ likes this.
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

teams aren't fans, they know the man could play, they realize what he was up against specifically 2012. Teams wouldn't be trading for him based on preseason or training camp other than to see he is healthy again. Unless Philly gets blown away I would be shocked if they traded him.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Eagles signed Sanchez as an asset. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they traded him to the Rams. Foles is obviously not a one year wonder and Sanchez is overkill as a backup QB if somebody wants to make an attractive offer for him to start for them.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Philly was a good landing spot for Mark. Foles isn't a proven Qb even though he had a Pro Bowl year in 2013. As for the Rams. They are lucky to have Shaun Hill who is better than Mark and might end up being more reliable and productive than Bradford.

6. nyjunc

Shaun hill is a good backup, he's not anywhere near as good as Mark.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I don't think Sanchez gets traded and it has nothing to do with whether he's better than Hill or not. From an Eagles' standpoint, should Foles get injured they have a plug-in who at least knows Kelly's system. Sanchez suddenly having to change teams (coordinators, systems, terminology) is not that useful to the Rams at the "11th hour" before the start of the regular season. I don't know what the deal's going to be with Hill but at least he knows the system and besides, fwiw, Bradford imho was never the same after his 1st injury at Oklahoma. Before that, the guy threw a beautiful ball but he's been pretty much blah ever since.

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Still a fan. He got a sour deal here.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Some of the main reasons why Sanchez would be attractive to the Rams are his familiarity with their OC, system and terminology.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brain cramp, I forgot Shotty's Fisher's OC, my bad. That said, I still don't think the Chipper lets Philly's GM swing a deal.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's just stupid. Hill is a journeyman backup--did you see him these last 2 games? He was brutal. We get it, you hate Sanchez but you are so far off base here it's funny.

_

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think Austin Davis looked pretty good the other night. He's looked comfortable in that offense all preseason. He's your starter over Hill if it were me.

_

13. nyjunc

Hill is not a bad QB, SL isn't in a bad spot with him.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mark didn't get a "Schotty" deal here, he got a great opportunity. I think that the real Schottenhemier had his full of Mark. All of Mark's fans blamed everything on him (not Mark). And now they want him to go back with Brian (so they can blame it all on him again) Because it's always someone else's fault not Mark's to them. How many OCs does he go through before they get it through their thick heads that it's the players fault not the coach. I'd stick with Shaun Hill who played well when he got a chance to start.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad you two agree on something.

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

St. Louis isn't going to win anything this year anyway, whether they had Bradford, Hill or Sanchez starting for them...why would they bother to give up an asset for Sanchez?

17. NYJFan10

They signed him to be an NFL backup, not to be an asset flipped for a mid-round pick. Who was the last 'good' backup QB that got flipped for anything real, Matt Schaub? Hasselbeck? Teams don't want to give up their backup QB in season.

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The rumor from Philly is that Chip Kelly sees an 'advanced' version of Marcus Mariota. He REALLY like Sanchez. If Foles has another great year, then he can live without him next year if he leaves as is likely. If Foles flops or gets hurt and Sanchez replaces him and does well......well, do the math.

If Sanchez gets the job from Foles and takes Philly to a Super Bowl 80 miles down the Turnpike from MetLife.....someone better do some explaining at Florham Park.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If Sanchez flops with Philly or another team, you're dead-on.

But Sanchez was showing big improvement under MM last year. If he is now a legit QB, we gave up on a #5 overall pick after 4 years, 2 of them when he took us to the AFC CG.

That's unheard of.

20. NYJFan10

What improvement? He played meh in three preseason games.

And if you want to kill management for giving up on him, kill the fans first. He was booed out of town.