Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Like I said before I get the overrated part and that he is not good just still not clear about how he set the organization back "half a decade". And set us back from what exactly?

2. legler82

There are the "Sanchez Stans" and there's the opposing more "rational" view:

#4142 legler82, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Well, I agree that having disdain for Sanchez isn't rational, but I also understand where it comes from. Arguing with fanboys is taxing on the soul.

4. legler82

Actually the disdain for Sanchez was about the only rational thing I got out of that post. Still trying to figure out how Sanchez set the organization back and what from. I too might harbor such disdain for Sanchez if I knew.

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Well, as I wrote earlier, he didn't set the franchise back. He was just a disappointment.

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Like any failed highly drafted Quarterback, the way he set the team back was that they did not want to move on from him because they paid him millions and they spent a lot (draft picks) to get him.

Most of the time, you know when a QB is going to be good, but when you "hope" that a guy will "develop" the team keeps waiting and the team gets set back instead of looking for the next guy.

I'm not taking a side, I'm just explaining the set back people keep wanting to hear about.

Joey Harrington set back the Lions because they played him for years and he did nothing. Houston Texans and David Carr. Very soon Miami Dolphins and Tannehill.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's the organizations fault.

legler82 likes this.
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it absolutely is the organizations fault. believe me i had plenty of disdain for tannenbaum and especially rex for being so in love with him that they were blind to the fact he wasnt any good. he is just the instrument in that situation. i dont hate that the guy made 60 million, i hate that it hurt the team to have him make 60 million and play like a guy who should make 60k. i wasnt happy that the guy got hurt, but i was happy that he wasnt going to go out there and annoy the shit out of me 16 times a few years ago.

and legler you set the team back quite a bit when they put time (5 years) and money (60 million) into a guy who wasnt any good. and as bad as many jets fans WANTED for him to be good, it didnt happen. and now we have less of a qb situation than we could have had. it doesnt just stop hurting the team when he leaves. it hurts them until they can find a replacement and they could have walked right by one while they were still in love with sancho. who knows what happens if qb is viewed as a position of need in 2012.

there were fans on here who were so head over heels in love with this guy they were talking about how much tail he got when he wasnt playing football. like he was their kid and they were proud of his goofy ass for getting laid.

that said, yes i hate the guy. sometimes i go over hte top in my hatred for the guy but when a guy cant even throw passes behind the los with accuracy it should tell you something. when he has success he still throws the ball poorly 90 percent of the time. they talk about throwing guys open, they work on throwing the back shoulder or leading a guy, stopping a guy when its zone coverage so he doesnt get blown up. sancho would lead them into the safety, sancho would throw back shoulder on a swing pass. so even though the rb would get 5 yards out of the play and folks would say oh great job sancho the fact is that the play would have gotten 10 yards if he had put the fucking ball where its supposed to be. my 9 year old gets it. how does this guy at 20 whatever he is now not grasp these simple things about the game of football?

9. phubbadaman

So if you buy stock in a start up company and they fail that is your fault for buying the stock?

Sanchez isn't at fault and the organization isn't at fault. By drafting Sanchez and sticking with him, the organization was set back years. I don't see how that is debatable or even at question. it is the difference between the good teams and the bad. You get a good QB, you build the team around them and compete for years. You have a bad QB, you spend resources looking for the next QB or waiting for a QB to develop and the rest of the team suffers.

Hell, Pennington was a much better QB than Sanchez, but he also set the organization back for years because he was good but he kept getting hurt. The organization just kept waiting for him to be healthy, rather than drafting his replacement and it got us no where. That isn't the team or the players fault, it is just what happened.

The Uniform Bomber and alleycat9 like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

my advice: let it go.

Sanchez sucks, who cares. He's not here anymore. He's a backup QB in this league, probably have a long career as a backup. I care/think about him about as much as I do Kellen Clemens these days. I'll wish him the best because he's a decent person in a league full of shit bags but I could careless about how good/bad he is anymore. The Jets swung and missed on a QB. That's like the story of the past 45 years, add Sanchez to that list and forget about it

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

man you dont even know how happy i am not to worry about him anymore, not to see his post game sprints to the other teams coach and hear his horseshit press conferences. its humorous to me now.

ill probably always poke fun at the kicking ass in philly though.

12. BrowningNagle

huh???? yes the Jets are absolutely at fault. They thought Sanchez was good. They thought they could build around him and succeed. They thought they could develop him/manage his flaws correctly. When everyone with a football brain knew the QB was holding the team back - they thought they didn't need to upgrade at the position. They were wrong in every single one of those examples.

To answer your question about the stock analogy, yes, it is your fault for guessing wrong about the stock. Especially if you put everything you had into that one stock, instead of looking around.

The Jets had plenty of opportunities over the years to upgrade at the position but they chose not to because they "hoped" Sanchez would improve... they "hoped" Pennington would somehow not be so injury prone, etc. That is the unquestionably the organization's fault

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have been very patient with their QB's over the last decade. With Chad the patience was warranted because he had demonstrated the ability to lead the team when he was healthy. The continual decline in his health was a huge issue and I don't know what an organization does about that. Phil Simms was hurt a lot early on and the Giants won a Super Bowl with him when he recovered. Chad just never fully recovered, he kept losing a bit until the only thing left was the leadership and the ability to hit a short pass 95% of the time.

With Sanchez the patience was about early team successes despite his inability to throw the ball well most of the time. It was about the investment the Jets made in him with the trade up, which was bad but not disastrous because the Browns took several role players instead of another high draft pick. It was really just a 1st and a 2nd and some depth when you look back at it and any team should be willing to make that kind of move if they believe in the QB in the 1st round. The Jets stuck with Sanchez a year too long but it was pretty clear the organization was of a mixed mind on him at that point, which is the only thing that logically explains the Tebow deal.

With Geno the organization has punted on 4th and short and it's probably the right move. He hasn't demonstrated the leadership at this point and he hasn't thrown the ball consistently well and they don't have an investment in him that requires follow up even when it looks kind of sour in year 3. Giving Geno another handful of games to prove out probably doesn't do anything more than raise the Jets draft stock next season. Wins are more important than turning a 15 pick into a 9 pick, which is probably the difference between Fitzpatrick and Geno at this point. A 7-9/9-7 season is something you want to have right after 4-12. It gives the fans some hope that the new regime will succeed. Going 6-10 again is just more of the same that we've had since 2012 and it's getting old in a hurry.

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. legler82

The guy played 4 years. Like someone already mentioned 2 were terrible and 2 were, at worst, serviceable. In that span, the organization got 4 playoff wins and appeared in 2 conference championship games. I don't see how that is comparable to Harrington. The organization did not get nothing.

15. phubbadaman

I don't think I said the organization got nothing in return, my only point was that it set the organization back as they committed to a player who was not, in fact the "Sanchize." Sanchez is better than Harrington, those were just the players that came into my mind quickly when trying to think of QBs that set a franchise back.

others would be RG3, Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, Jamarcus Russell. They aren't comparable players, they just prevent an organization from moving from bad to good or mediocre to dominant.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

[​IMG]

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

So, how often will they show the video and/or mention "buttfumble" during the game today?

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If it's a drinking game, you'll be done by the coin toss...

matt robinson 17 and NY Jets68 like this.
  19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Still kicking ass in philly.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Well this day 3 years ago he was kissing ass so a step up I guess?

#4160 Kris 15, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015