Sanchez is a Dick

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by raidersuck, Nov 1, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I value it. I just value a conversation more.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It should.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that or just saying hey man how you doing and leave it at that. i try to treat them just like everyone else in life.

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I really feel for your son and am very disappointed in Sanchez, I didn't think he was like that.

Chris Drury, Captain of the Olympic team, Stanley Cup Winner with the Colorado Avalanche, and current New York Ranger recently opened up "Colony Pizza" near me in Fairfield,CT. The pizza is the best pizza I have ever had, but that is besides the point. I happened to have Drury's rookie card sitting in my card collection that I used to love as a kid. I loved Drury because I had that card, and he was my favorite Ranger. So naturally I went to opening night at his pizza joint to eat and get that card signed!

The man was busting his ass waiting tables, running around all over the place frantically, however when I asked him to sign the card he was more than happy to do it and was very friendly. That meant a lot to me, and you better believe I've been back to his pizza place since, and he's still my favorite hockey player. Great player, great person.

5. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Maybe Sanchez just thought your kid was an older midget?

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Maybe Sanchez thought the kid was Danny Woodhead coming back to rub it in.

7. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

Isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing?

Instead of sticking to your one-sided view of things, read what a few people have to say and try to TEACH your son that this is how the world works. Have you ever wanted something and then didn't get it? Like a womans number or a raise for example?

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

Alright...thought about it a bit. I think the OP being pissed came more from seeing his kid upset/disappointed rather than Sanchez being a "dick". As a parent I can say I would be a little pissed toward anyone who made my kid feel that way. It sucks to see your kid that way for any reason. So I hear ya...just explain to the kid that Sanchez probably isnt a "dick" just a human being having a bad day.

For for those who think Im just being a pussy parent...wait till you have kids and you'll know what I'm talking about. I talked alot of shit before my kid was born but once it happens you become a "typical parent" just like everyone else.

9. ........

........ Trolls

No, Sanchez is not a dick. I can't speak to what happened in this situation, but it's entirely unfair to malign his character over a single incident with any number of explanations when he's had nothing but outstanding character and integrity his whole life.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

So if I offered you a shirt or a shirt signed by the whole team you wouldn't prefer the signed shirt?

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He didn't knock your teeth out did he?

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Agreed.

Although I will say this: I think it's one thing to approach a player (or anyone for that matter) when they are out walking about than when they are sitting in their car (i.e., if I'm walking out on the street and you walk up on me, I can run off. If I'm sitting in my car, I have no where to go, other than to peel out). So it may also be a safety issue on Sanchez's part, that the players are taught to do that shit if they are approached in a car. Either way, I'm sure the kid was disappointed.

13. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Sanchez probably just created the worlds biggest Pats fan.

When my father-in-law was a kid he asked Ted Williams for an autograph, to which Williams replied, "Fuck off, Kid." Thus creating the worlds biggest Yankees fan and Red Sox hater.

14. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I too have been had an autograph snubbed by Sanchez, but I dont hate

15. fish_squisher

fish_squisher Member

I was in the players parking lot at Fenway one time, guest of a one of the players... Kids were laying on the ground outside the fence, with their arms outstretched underneath it, holding balls in their hands to be signed. I signed two of them. If I can do it, Sanchez can do it. Ha.

16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Explain why anyone would want your autograph?

17. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

i had vip tickets with a locker room pass for todays game. asked sanchez for an autograph while he was taking a shit and he wouldnt do it. what a dick.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I loled :smile:

19. steves850

steves850 Active Member

There's no excuse for that, unless he was wiping at the time..

20. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I haven't read much of this thread so I don't know all that's been said.

But... I got Mark's sig up in Cortland this summer during TC. It was around midnight (or later), he had just given autographs for over an hour after practice (last one to leave the field) earlier that evening, and he was clearly just trying to get the hell out of the restaurant we were in.

But he didn't hesitate to sign my shirt, despite me probably looking drunk, tired, and like your typical fanatical Jets fan decked out in green gear. Really, I thought it was pretty f***in' awesome of him to do that, when he could have just kept walking.

Just sayin', for the record.