Sam Darnold preseason breakdown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PabloJa, Sep 7, 2018.

1. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

So I’m not sure if this has been posted already or if this shouldn’t even be a whole new thread so feel free to merge it or whatever into another thread if it needs be.

That being said, I found today a great video that breaks down Darnold’s play throughout the preseason. I don’t know if this guy is well known around here but he has one of the best football channels on YouTube, his content is just great, especially his “Film room” series. As a fan of his videos and a fan of the god damn Jets, I was excited as hell when he made a Darnold video and I’m so fired up so I wanted to share it with you and listen what you think about it.

Now, I already made up my mind that Darnold is the real deal even before this video so I’m not excited because “he told me” but because he just confirms what I saw and broke it down incredibly, better than I could ever put it into words. So without any further ado, enjoy…

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Sam is the real deal. What may have been a drawback to others last year, it was viewed as a strength when you look at the total body of work. He struggled to start the year, I believe he had like 10 interceptions in the first 5-6 games. He was behind a line that was decimated with injuries and had a new WR corps he was working with. He ended up with just 3 more INT's in the final 6 or so games and ended up getting his stock back as one of the better QB's coming out. Watching his final games at USC, He was so good at moving the chains and keeping the offense flowing. And he's able to make nothing out of something. It's gonna be such an exciting and fun ride, I just hope as fans we get to see this man mature into something special and we not judge him harshly when he throws up a few stinkers here and there this season. It's inevitable and it will happen. But IMO, Darnold is legit, and I can say, he's a true franchise QB.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

@PabloJa, I actually ran into this video yesterday. It's a good watch, thanks for sharing. I have to tell you that your comment "As a fan of his videos
    and a fan of the goddamn Jets" scratched me where I itch. A fan of the goddamn Jets, haha. There's something really funny about that to me. My famous last words are usually, "Fukking team . . ." Go Sam, GO JETS!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Like the subtle jab "Even if he was a lucky draft pick"....

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Watched this last night, and four hours later, I had to call my doctor. When I called my doctor, I learned he had watched it an hour earlier, so I had to wait another three hours. I need to find a doctor who is a Dolphins fan...

FJF likes this.
  6. My MD is a jets fan too..not many of us here in Hartford county..but hes originally from LI& always tells me about watching practice at hofstra while completing his residency..

I saw him the Monday after week 1 of last season & had my 3 y.o son w me.He walks in examining room..closes door & says “3 jet fans in one room..i have a nurse coming to check on us in 5..”

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

"Hey Sam, what are you going to do for your 21st birthday?"

"Read a book."

"Oh, what book?"

"The playbook. It will be awesome."

[​IMG]

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My Doc is a Jets fan too. Last I saw him, we talked about Darnold for an hour. o_O

9. jetophile

Why does this sound like a Vi*gra commercial.

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

My doctor is an Eagles fan. I live in south jersey where Eagles fans all come out....WHEN THEY ARE WINNING. You never knew it was Eagles country when they are loosing. My boss would wear his Eagles shirt & talk football when they win, & when they loose, you would never know he was an Eagles fan or that football even existed. But I wear my Jets Jersey through the good times & the bad & occasionally run into a Jets fan. Feels good to know there are some real people in South Jersey.

zace likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

12. jetophile

How did this turn into a medical emergency thread?

Next thing you know, people will start saying they spoke to Young Dr. Kildare or Dr. Ben Casey. Man, woman, birth, death, infinity.

#12 jetophile, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Same way the other thread did with your v1agra reference.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

haha

15. jetophile

Ha, I wasn't quick enough on the draw. I haven't seen Ben Casey in YEARS and just went on memory. Pretty good though, huh? I can't even believe that I found the opener, so I went back to edit. Yeah, I said something about Cia*lis, and I was shocked that you can't mention ED drugs but you can say every cuss word on the planet. Stercus caput!

GQMartin likes this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah I discovered the same thing when I posted above. Bizarre.

17. jetophile

Please don't anyone say they spoke to Dr. James Andrews, because I will kill them in cold blood. OK, I'll stop now. I promise (discretely puts left hand behind back with middle and index fingers crossed).

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If we didn't wear our Jets gear when they're going bad, we would never wear it! :p

The mark of a true fan (of any team) is whether you show it when they lose; otherwise you're just a fair weather fan.

BudJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You can say Louis and you can say Vuitton but not Louis V*itton

20. jetophile

Mac Miller died. Whoever that was.