Sam Darnold Judgement

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 21, 2018.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I think we all got a little carried away after Darnold's game against the Lions. Back to earth now, there will be some bumps and screw ups along the way. But, if that game against Detroit was a premonition of Darnold and the Jets' future, I'm all in.

2. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

short week, good defense w/solid pass rush, wr’s who were not getting separation... that alone would be enough to create some problems...

But add in an ultra vanilla game plan - run, run, pass and it’s a recipe for disaster. I was predicting the play calls with incredible accuracy (they are going to run a sweep to the left now... lol) that was baffling my kids... I coach kids, but am no NFL coach...

I would have liked to see Sam play better, but how much was his fault, I really can’t say.

As soon as they went up 2 scores, they played not to lose.

Overall, this is the worst offensive play calling I’ve seen from the Jets in the last 2 years. Coaches need to look in the mirror...

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As soon as you manned up and admitted you were wrong about this CS you earned my respect plus those of a number of other posters here..WTG kid

BTW if I was wrong I would do the same

Your post here is spot on..

PREDICTION: The Jets Org will go all out to help Darnold...like LA and Chi who had young QBs
    And shitcanned Fisher and Fox we get rid of Toilet and company Someone finds us a McVay or Nagy..Offense HC only!!!

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No. That's wasn't why Darnold's ball didn't have much zip while Mayfield's pass had a lot.

See if Darnold could [step into the throw.] Mayfield stepped into almost every throw.

Yes. That's again, that stinking OL issue. Jets OL is such a steaming pile of shit - it's not even funny.

Beep me when that happens. I am not waiting by the way.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I will happily admit when I am wrong, and I was dead wrong about Bowles.

I always see the glass half full. I always try and look for positives even in our worst times. The past years this roster has been filled with stop gap talent and below average QB play. I can not sit here and continue claiming that those issues are the reason for his piss poor coaching. Enough is enough.

Red Menace and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Shit-can Bowles and his band of idiots and go hard after Defilippo as HC...