Robert Griffin III is scheduled to visit the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Mar 11, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Holy crap! I never thought this FA period would be anywhere near as exciting as last year's, but in some ways it's even more exciting! Last year we HAD to spend a ton of money, and it was fun speculating on whom the money would be spent, but we knew were going to be getting a lot of new players. This year, most of us thought we'd be lucky to sign our own FAs, much less more than 1-2 2nd tier FAs. Now all these players are coming for visits and Mac is pulling cap space out of his ass! Love it!

Freddy Mondo and PabloJa like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think this is terribly wrong. What does the team have to lose in bringing in a player for a visit? You act as if anyone whom comes for a visit is basically coming in to sign and it's just a formality.

Fitzpatrick's agent seems to just about priced him out of the market. Denver is still in play, but they also still need to try to sign Von Miller to the deal he wants just north of Suh's $114 million.

I'd say there's zero chance Fitzy goes to QB hell in Cleveland if he wants his career to last more than another year or two. LA is the only logical place after that while they may ultimately want to go with youth in their new city.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think everyone has the right to be called by their initials; you don't need to do something as a professional first.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I bet you will if RGIII starts lighting it up and putting up Ws.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

reading the jets forum is beginning to remind me of watching monkeys throw shit at each other at the zoo. I'm sure that's unintentional though.

alleycat9, Brook! and HAYN like this.
  6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

fitzpatrick is flat out not that good either. being a huge improvement over the leagues worst qb(geno) kind of throws you off, but fitzpatrick really wasnt all that good. its nice he broke the td record, but overall his numbers werent special and anytime marshall, decker, or ivory was out he seemed to struggle quite a bit.... i lvoe fitz, but he isnt good and no way in hell i give him more then 5-7 million.

RG3 like fitz is a struggling player who would come cheap off the scrap heap and be put in a good system with alot of weapons and have a chance to put up some decent numbers. its also a good place for RG3 to try and resurect his career.

neither is good. give me the one who takes less money

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

RG3 in this system working with a QB he likes in Petty just makes sense. Spread QBs can be excellent in the right system I think if we can sign him to a 2 year 15 mil show me deal I think RG3 and his people would jump at the opportunity to be in Chans system. Not to mention he would have one of the best WR duo in the league to work with... It's really only 2 progressions in our offence.

As for Fitz I truly believe he was a product of Chans offence and Marshall/Decker are that good! He played well for us but giving him a big long term contract at 15 mil per doesn't make any sense when you have a FA that will probably be even better in that system and comes at less of a price.

9. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I agree with your sentiments. I think people talk about the top 10 stats Fitz put up but I honestly think Marshall and supporting cast alongside the system was a huge part of it. Marshall just breasted on CBs, would make one handed catches and bail out Fitz. Fitz is a hard worker but he has limitations and trading Wilkerson or putting ourselves in cap hell to make Fitz a $10 plus million player makes no sense to me.

RGIII would be much cheaper and younger than Fitz. Sure he is injury prone and hasn't transitioned well to being a pocket passer but his upside is way higher than Fitz. I would take RGIII on a low guarantee, multi year deal in a heartbeat. If Chan can turn his career around, it would be a monster coup for us and we would have two ex Baylor QBs on the roster.

edray10 and Jets69 like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

there's no secret, he is using next years money. he is just doing it with the new players rather than restructuring the older players. works for these low level signings but eventually brick or breno are going to have to be dealt with. i'm guessing it will be when qb is signed

11. jerseyjay14

id strongly debate fitz even put up top 10 stats. much closer to bottom 10. i mean 15th in yards, 29th in completion percentage, 24th in yards per attempt, 5th most interceptions thrown, 25th in qb rating.

like i said, after watching 2 of the worst qbs in football in geno and sanchez someone coming in and being average-ish instead looks like someone being excellent.

Jets69 likes this.
  12. jerseyjay14

i hope he wouldnt cost that much. id hope for something like 1 year 3 million or 2 years 7 million

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We as fans have always wanted the right FO and CS to put a system in place where you can plug and play a specific player and it does not skip a beat.

I feel we have that at this point, smart GM and good system, RG has a better arm than Fitz and if the jets can fix the Oline, I don't see why RG 3 can't duplicate what he did in his first year in the NFL under a seasoned CS.

I don't understand why Jet fans get so enamored with players who honestly are mediocre, Fitz plays with heart and I like that also, but his limitations also limited Smiths development as a WR.

It's time to move on from journeyman players who want too much money.

Bellows1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

RG is a headcase that got benched and replaced by Kurt Cousins who he didn't talk to, consult or hang out with.

His attitude is almost as bad as Geno but a bit more talented. Well everyone deserves a second chance so maybe this kid learned his lesson.

There are no QBs out there so guys like RG come out of the woodwork. The hour is getting late in Fitz negotiation and like media reports Jets go thru their options. Even having this guy "visit" (today is Sat and he left with no contract...why am I not surprised?) Don't think he a secret plan or else he would have been signed months ago

This is all Mac vs Sexton who is a greedy pig

15. jerseyjay14

im with you man.... i mean sanchez... ok we had success under him so i can see some hanger-ons there. geno was just terrible. then you have the die hards clamoring for mcelroy.... or my personal favorite, the cult that is matt simms supporters.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. jerseyjay14

if im mac i call the agents of RG3, Fitz, Hoyer, and tell them the first guy to take 2/9M gets the gig

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Since when did Geno have an attitude problem? Dude was always on the sideline last year, always posted about how happy he was about the Jets on social media. Brandon Marshall loves him. I dont see the attitude at all

18. GangGreen1960

GangGreen1960 Member

Got to agree. I don't think Geno's personality is a problem. I'm more afraid that Griffin could cause some problems in the locker room. It would be devastating for the team if Griffin and Marshall can't get along.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Chase Daniels got 21 mil over 3 so u gotta expect it's going to be in that range

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

RG3 had dinner with Todd Bowles last night and is meeting with the offensive coaching staff today. After all this work it'd be reassuring to see them get a deal done today, it'd let you know that they're comfortable with him.

Rockinz, Red Menace, june19 and 3 others like this.