Robert Griffin III is scheduled to visit the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Mar 11, 2016.

1. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

You don't bring in players for visits to use as leverage, you just float out there a rumor that you are interested in another player, not something like this.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but players (and their agents) can see through that right? A visit on the other hand means it's serious. Step up to the plate time for Fitz' agent or we have someone all ready to actually sign.

3. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

Fit'z agent is a real hardass, He is going to wait to see if Denver gets desperate, since the 49ers have decided they are keeping Kap, I wouldn't be surprised if Fitz isn't on the Jets anymore next season.

4. Truth4U2

Hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

5. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

RG3 won't be able to handle the jets media or fans. He sucks and will get eaten alive. On the bright side the Jets will have a high draft pick next year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lol you really are clueless,of course its a leverage play and a smart one.Anyone with an IQ above 90 would realize that.The entire NFL knows its a leverage play,Its also leverage for Griffin who wants to go to the Rams.Rich Cimini agrees

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-je...-iii-a-leverage-play-against-ryan-fitzpatrick

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I don't know if Fisher wants him

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that they decided to keep Kaepernick? Can't find that anywhere.
    It makes sense for them and Chip Kelly.

RG3 vs Johnny Manziel for the Jets starting job.

9. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Good chance I won't even watch Jets games next year if we sign this clown haha. Hope they can get something done with Fitz. If not maybe I'll wait it out until we start Petty or something.

#89 jco2007, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Maybe not but either do we and why would we?The guy hasn't played in over a year and was awful when he did.He hasn't been the same since his knee injury

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You mean neither ya?

12. Truth4U2

Yeah, Fisher seems way too "buttoned-down" to take a chance on someone like RG3.
    I agree he hasn't been the same since his rookie year knee injury, but with a fresh start, a change of scenery who knows? He's still young and the upside is undeniable.

13. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

I dlnt want Griffin simply because he did nothing yet as a professional to be called RGIII. Become a great NFL player before being nick named.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I mean there's definitely an interest and it's a move that is indeed possible but I don't see him leaving with a contract unless he comes on board cheap.

15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

It's not his fault people nicknamed him that, and besides, what's wrong with having a nickname?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Right? Fuck scooby wright. I don't care if your dad gave you that nickname 15 years ago, you weren't an NFL player and you should have rejected it.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents on this subject. The most critical input to MM at this point is from Chan Gailey. If he feels RGIII is an asset with more upside potential than Fitz the stakes will go up. If not it will be wait and see. If CG says I got to have this guy then all bets are off. Fitz will be wondering what happened to the love he was given as he finds himself unemployed.

By way of trivia, needless to say that the why, when, how and where the RG name grew to the III will not factor two shits into the selection equation...but you guy knew that already.

On more pressing news, something tells me there will be a shock wave across the OL. Ferguson might be shown the door unless he is willing to accept a significant restructure. Risky yes, but not out of the question. Kelvin Beachum anyone?

Is it me of MM is considering more moves than the current cap can support? Wwhat secret lurks in his closely hld mind and soul? He definitely knows a few thing more than the media and us poor mortals at this point.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

RG3 will work in this system and if we get him I think big things will happen

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, there's like 6-7 FAs that have visited in the last 2 days, and there could be more. There could be a RG and RT, maybe a P. Go, Mac, GO!

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's some sick shit! LOL